News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me think of the jealous boyfriend who got dumped by his girlfriend, and he wants to see if she's out with someone new or at home being a good girl.

Ex-girlfriends sometimes do that too, Khristopher. :)

"I watch you because I love you." Like they are doing it for your own good!

Last edited:
Racquette, The fact of the matter R Ford doesn't care whether the Old City or North York are for him...he is looking to the 41% of Toronto's population that lives in Scarborough, York and Etobicoke to landslide for him...I think he and D figure the Old City/East York (S of Eg) will go Chow/Tory North Toronto will go Stintz/Chow and North York is up for grabs and with Soknacki picking up the thinking man vote..that being the case something like 33% or less of the popular vote will win the election

I doubt very much that Scarborough or Etobicoke will landslide for Ford. Chow polls well in both.

khristopher, I think you do have a valid point, and the harsh reaction to it def. bothered me. I see both sides - a part of me is interested in tidbits of info, like if his car was not in the driveway at 2am. However, this would lead to pages of speculation and not prove anything. If someone saw him outside his house late at night with Lisi, then that would be info worth having. What could be done with that info is another story.

it's also useful if at some point Ford wants to say "That wasn't me they saw drunk driving (or buying drugs, or pissing on a box of kittens)--I was home asleep!", and someone here can prove otherwise.

I would gladly give Rob Ford a piece of my mind in a heartbeat if he were in front of me. I don't think driving past his house seeing if he's home is anyone's business but his own and his family's. That goes for anyone. Everyone deserves privacy. Public officials too. Yes, I believe he is held accountable even when he's not on official business, but there's gotta be a line somewhere. Just because I don't think the same way as you do or others here, does not mean I have a stick up my butt or come into this thread to stir up shit.

Maybe I'm late to the party but has it ever occurred to you Kat may have been enroute somewhere and reported what she saw? I myself have done this and I can assure you I am not stalking mayor asshat. Sometimes I drive on Edenbridge cuz, you know, it may be on my way somewhere?

I completely agree with this paragraph. The reaction towards things I say is just like how those IHTWORF people react. With a lot of aggression and anger. People who do this are no better than them. If you don't like an opinion on the internet, it's best to just not use the internet really.

I think the difference between you and the poster from Friday though is that he (she?) was new, and wasn't really given a chance to possibly become a valuable contributor, whereas you seem to have a pattern for months now where you pop into the thread every few weeks, and complain about the content, and I think that irritates people, especially coming from a long-time member who should probably know better. If you don't like what it's become, don't read it. Or if you do read it, roll your eyes, shake your head, and move on, rather than shitting on something that many of us enjoy. Or if you do have something legitimate to say, like explaining copyright information, do it in the capacity of a mod rather than seeming like a snippy poster, which is the way your initial post about it came off. All that said, you are definitely not a troll, a term that gets thrown around here a lot, and makes me wonder if people understand the definition.

For the record, I don't think Kat did anything wrong by giving us her drive-by report. Ford brought this attention on himself. And it's not like she lurked outside his house with a paparazzi lens, waiting for something to happen. She drove by and told us, that's all.

This rain needs to stop so I can go outside. ;)

I don't think khristopher is a troll, but it's also not cool when somebody innocently posts and khristopher comes out swinging accusing them of being a stalker for saying that Ford's car is in the driveway. Someone drove by on a public street. They didn't trespass and peek in his windows. Nobody's saying you can't have different opinions, but I think it's the WAY that khristopher has come at a few posters. Negative and accusatory, vs healthy debate. I, too, wish I could just quietly ignore and not cause a big fuss over it, but since we can't, then you get all of these off-topic posts (like mine) taking over the thread.

LOL - half of this thread is photoshops and people posting things they find on Twitter

Well seeing that we get most of our information via twitter, why is that an issue? The photoshops are mostly funny and provide some good comic relief to a shitty situation. I really don't get the hate for twitter since without it we would have to wait for newspaper articles the next day, or in some cases we wouldn't get the info at all.

Agreed completely.

I'm sure this is not going to win me any popularity contests, but I was far more disturbed by what went down with the poster on Friday. He came on here saying he didn't think Ford was under the influence on Danzig the other day. I vehemently disagree, but it's his right to think otherwise. He said he had occasion to interact with Ford many times, but did not want to give details, and that he voted for Ford, but is now firmly in the anti-Ford camp. Right off the bat, he was called a troll and an attention-seeker for not sharing information, and basically that he is an idiot for EVER voting for Ford. Maybe he was, but it seems to me he stayed fairly civil until he had been attacked multiple times, and then he got snippy and defensive. And then he was banned.

Seriously, this is not the way to win Ford Nation over. In my opinion, the behaviour toward him, a former Ford supporter who has seen the light and changed his mind, was just as bad as anti-Ford people experience when posting on IHTWORF. If he'd been allowed to stick around and discuss and engage and get to know the community, he might have shared what he knew at some point. But it was just a straight-up attack from the beginning. THAT is an example of this thread being an echo chamber.

I know most won't agree, but that's just my opinion.

Excellent post Vintage! Agree wholeheartedly and completely. This thread is not necessarily a welcoming one to newbies. I think there may be value in embracing and being open minded rather than an echo chamber and closed minded, which in and of itself is reminiscent of FN.

Well seeing that we get most of our information via twitter, why is that an issue? The photoshops are mostly funny and provide some good comic relief to a shitty situation. I really don't get the hate for twitter since without it we would have to wait for newspaper articles the next day, or in some cases we wouldn't get the info at all.

Twitter is also a good way to learn about some of the so-called "fringe" candidates, such as Ari Goldkind ( just one example ).

Last edited:
it's also useful if at some point Ford wants to say "That wasn't me they saw drunk driving (or buying drugs, or pissing on a box of kittens)--I was home asleep!", and someone here can prove otherwise.

If Kat was motivated to make a small detour past Ford's home while she was presumably driving to her own home, perhaps it was because of these recent reports about Ford's late-night ventures:

Giovanni ‏@tuneman01 Jul 17
@CityCynthia
Ford sighting at 11:30 last night on Dixon, turned right at Kipling then right on side street towards u know..uh huh?

harwall
I work for a scrap metal recycler and one of our customers saw rob ford behind an ontario housing apt building where he lives near kipling and dixon at midnight a few nights ago. Rob was standing near the parking garage talking to two black gang member looking guys, then quickly left when he realised someone was there. Nuff said.

I, for one, enjoy Kat's posts on the presence/absence of the Mayor's mobile crack shack/vodka bar. Since this thread is apparently devoted to re-posts from twitter and wild speculation, she adds some helpful fuel for our imagination machinations :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back