News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No comments? I thought it was kinda interesting . . . or maybe it's just so obvious it's not worth discussing . . .

I thought that article was great. It supports the idea that it’s not just the “stupid”, but there’s a piece or two definitely missing from RoFo’s mental puzzle, and perhaps other Fords as well. As in literally, not figuratively.

His actions seem to put him in the narcissistic personality zone, where it’s all about him and nobody else seems to exist, much less matter. I’m now wondering if that idea gives him too much credit. It’s not that he knows and doesn’t care, it’s simply that he doesn’t know. He’s unaware of social impacts and boundaries.

As it author points out, it might be time to stop overthinking RoDoFo, and slice ‘em with Occam’s Razor: don’t attribute to malice what can be explained with stupidity. Por burro, no malo. Cock up before conspiracy.

And yeah, this could well be a hardware problem, not just low-quality thinkin’.

The stars may yet be aligned for Rob Ford come October, if Stintz and Soknacki stay the course and deny 10% of more of the votes to Tory and Chow. If either one withdraws, they might leak a few supporters to Ford ... but Ford's relative position would likely suffer a fatal blow, given his abysmal approval rating. So Ford is highly motivated to keep BOTH Stintz and Soknacki running and moreover, to hype their numbers as much as possible. Conversely, if either Soknacki or Stintz drop out, it probably becomes a two horse (Tory and Chow) race. So the potential for some backroom deals here is tremendous. BTW, it will be interesting to see if these latest poll results trigger any shifts in the strategic (i.e. anti-Ford) vote.

One day some years ago, out of sheer frustration, a friend gave me this great paraphrase of Gore Vidal: “With those people, it’s not so important that we succeed, but that others fail.â€

There’s a Ford camping strategy for ye. You’re welcome.

The stars may yet be aligned for Rob Ford come October, if Stintz and Soknacki stay the course and deny 10% of more of the votes to Tory and Chow. If either one withdraws, they might leak a few supporters to Ford ... but Ford's relative position would likely suffer a fatal blow, given his abysmal approval rating. So Ford is highly motivated to keep BOTH Stintz and Soknacki running and moreover, to hype their numbers as much as possible. Conversely, if either Soknacki or Stintz drop out, it probably becomes a two horse (Tory and Chow) race. So the potential for some backroom deals here is tremendous. BTW, it will be interesting to see if these latest poll results trigger any shifts in the strategic (i.e. anti-Ford) vote.

OMG I had a thought. Stintz has always quoted robs lines a d seems to always be just this side of hating him, and Tory has Kouvalis. Who is smart. What if. There was a back room deal made for him to steer Tory and influence stintz to maintain that constant small percentage because the already know that a split vote might help ford win.
Oh sure, scoff, but that's the twist I'd put in the movie.

I thought that article was great. It supports the idea that it’s not just the “stupid”, but there’s a piece or two definitely missing from RoFo’s mental puzzle, and perhaps other Fords as well. As in literally, not figuratively.

His actions seem to put him in the narcissistic personality zone, where it’s all about him and nobody else seems to exist, much less matter. I’m now wondering if that idea gives him too much credit. It’s not that he knows and doesn’t care, it’s simply that he doesn’t know. He’s unaware of social impacts and boundaries.

As it author points out, it might be time to stop overthinking RoDoFo, and slice ‘em with Occam’s Razor: don’t attribute to malice what can be explained with stupidity. Por burro, no malo. Cock up before conspiracy.

And yeah, this could well be a hardware problem, not just low-quality thinkin’.

This is always what boggles me. He has read as just a Red Forman labeled dumbass from the start but then folks were all he's so tricky. No way he's acting on one gear.

"Ford maintains last year’s event in Thomson Park pushed the provincial Liberals into supporting the Scarborough subway."

"After eating five pounds of it raw, Randy says the burger meat is good to go. He's using the hides for a tree fort & couch patches"
https://twitter.com/search?q=#topoli randy&src=typd

TOMORROW: Rob Ford's brother, Coun. Doug Ford drops by #BTtoronto to chat #FordFest.
https://twitter.com/BTtoronto/status/492444371309326336

"Why don't you cut the BS and just call yourselves "The Ford's Campaign Station?" ;)

Last edited:
OMG I had a thought. Stintz has always quoted robs lines a d seems to always be just this side of hating him, and Tory has Kouvalis. Who is smart. What if. There was a back room deal made for him to steer Tory and influence stintz to maintain that constant small percentage because the already know that a split vote might help ford win. Oh sure, scoff, but that's the twist I'd put in the movie.

If Doug&Diane accepted that some people will not vote for Rob no matter what, strategically the best thing FoFam could do would be to *fund* Stintz's campaign heavily. Given Rob's, erm, affection for K.Stintz, they might even like the idea.

Maybe that's what turned her pale and made her forget her purse in his office. (Rob stuffed it with cash! :) ) Or pigs with lipstick might fly.

Preston Manning on Rob Ford

The Founder and President of the Manning Centre for Building Democracy offers his views on the controversial mayor and the democratic process for elected officials at the municipal level.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/Alberta/The+Homestretch/ID/2476215065/

"if he was a premiere he'd be out of office" through a confidence vote.

I tell ya, I’m having a real fest watching Keeping Up With The Fords, however when the party’s over there’s always garbage to clean up.

It’s not right that Toronto’s mayor can legally stay around – as some would say, a destructive force – when his own council has lost faith and stripped him of his powers. Not to mention that public opinion also palpably disapproves, and where citizens who are politically interested are actively protesting. It’s clear people have had enough, and still nothing can be done. Oh dear.

The Westminster government system – our system – possesses the concept of Responsible Government.

Enter Preston Manning. Basically he says that it’s high time for Responsible Government at Toronto City Hall. TCH has 48 members, which is *larger* than some provincial legislatures. TCH also has a multi-billion dollar budget, which makes it a huge target for abuse through apathy. As the commercial centre to the staples-producing margins, a hobbled Toronto (or Montreal or Vancouver) indirectly hobbles the rest of Canada.

As students of Canadian history, we were taught that WL Mackenzie’s rabble-rousing, newspaper and 1837 Rebellion were key in bringing Responsible Government to Upper Canada. It’s effing ironic that while it exists at the Provincial and Federal levels, Responsible Government has yet to find its way to Toronto’s municipal government – and it’s 2014 AD!

RoFo must go, and Responsible Government must come. It’s time.

Last edited:
I tell ya, I’m having a real fest watching Keeping Up With The Fords, however when the party’s over there’s always garbage to clean up.

It’s not right that Toronto’s mayor can legally stay around – as some would say, a destructive force – when his own council has lost faith and stripped him of his powers. Not to mention that public opinion also palpably disapproves, and where citizens who are politically interested are actively protesting. It’s clear people have had enough, and still nothing can be done. Oh dear.

The Westminster government system – our system – possesses the concept of Responsible Government.

Enter Preston Manning. Basically he says that it’s high time for Responsible Government at Toronto City Hall. TCH has 48 members, which is *larger* than some provincial legislatures. TCH also has a multi-billion dollar budget, which makes it a huge target for abuse through apathy. As the commercial centre to the staples-producing margins, a hobbled Toronto (or Montreal or Vancouver) indirectly hobbles the rest of Canada.

As students of Canadian history, we were taught that WL Mackenzie’s rabble-rousing, newspaper and 1837 Rebellion were key in bringing Responsible Government to Upper Canada. It’s effing ironic that while it exists at the Provincial and Federal levels, Responsible Government has yet to find its way to Toronto’s municipal government – and it’s 2014 AD!

Well said.

I live in a city in which it would be news if Mayor and Council did have faith in each other, and some would find it highly suspect if they did. But I take your point. (Ironically, it was just as impossible to remove our Mayor - under a different political system - until he was actually found guilty of a crime.)

I understand having safeguards built into political systems to allow the operations of government to continue when unpopular decisions must be made. Also, to prevent back-door election wins, through the machinations of the defeated to too easily marshall support and oust the incumbent at a strategic moment. However, no abililty to remove a public embarrassment who has self-admittedly flouted the law, even if he hasn't been charged and convicted of the crime? One wonders if our forefathers in both countries seriously believed that no charlatans, bullies or bloody fools would ever run for office (or had an interest in seeing that they could stay there, says the cynic in me).

I absolutely agree with you. But it's really hard spotting anyone in our city hall, provincial level, and hahaha, federal level right now with the spine and smarts to do so. Everyone there seems to be passing the buck, Rofo and Dofo has dodged so many penalties, and the few wrist slaps they get is barely a tickle. Maybe if council clucks and wags their finger extra hard, Rodofo will miraculously change their ways.

But hey, I wish Robfest will become a turning point. The lowest turning point for Fofam. Hope they drain Deco's coffers to continue this bread and circus sideshow. I can't think of a better deserving bunch for that to happen.

The only fault I see in your discourse is that it is more than 140 characters.

The only fault I see in your discourse is that it is more than 140 characters.

:) OK, short form:
The city gummint is a provincial construct. Tell your MPP and Premier Wynne to amend The City of Toronto Act. Stat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back