News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home from the Ford Freak Fest and I cannot believe the shit I heard and the f-ed up conversations I had. It was so depressing, it's hard not to lose faith in humanity. I decided to go once I read here that there were going to be gay protesters, I figured that might make some interesting video footage but I never saw any protesters at all. I had intended not to get in any debates with anybody. I figured I'd just film a bit, try one of the hamburgers (which I did not get to taste because there is no way am I standing in line for 90 minutes for a crap burger) and then head home but after about 30 minutes of pure bull-sit, I couldn't take it anymore. I ended up getting into about 10 conversations, that escalated to heated debates. It's interesting what Ford Nationals do when they lose a debate. lol They just turn around and walk away in disgust, still hollering.

My assessment of Ford Nation after spending 3 hours with them is a combination of mental illness, mental retardation, delusion, hopelessness, very badly informed and very, very angry at the world. It seems everyone is taking what should belong to them. In other words, everyone's a thief or a cheater. The rich are bad and the poor are, well, there is no poor, just well off people who go on welfare to get money.

Here are some strange facts I learned from Ford Nationals.

1 - 50% of rich people get free food at food banks every month.

2 - Most of the people waiting 1.5 hours in line to get a hamburger, are actually wealthy or at least well off.

3 - If you have any allergy, you can get approval from your doctor to receive 1.000 dollars a month from the government. (not sure which level of government) You don't need to get on disability or anything, you just get a report from your doctor.

4 - David Miller stole millions of dollars from tax payers money. Nobody explained how he did it or why he was not charged but he did it.

5 - Rich people like Kraft Dinner and Spam. See, they really are just like you and me!

6 - Bill Clinton did more hard drugs than Ford and nobody cared.

7 - Rob Ford never did drugs or drank alcohol while on the job and whatever he does on his own time, is his own business and does not effect his job.

8 - Canada and ALL Canadian politicians are corrupt and stealing our money, except for Rob Ford, who is an "honest" man. Seriously, people said that with a straight face and I just couldn't help but want to bang my head against a wall. Actually, I felt like I was doing just that.

These people are truly hopeless and helpless. I just don't think they have the reasoning skills to understand how things work. Not one of them even knew what the population of Toronto was. I asked a few simple questions about Toronto, that the average person should know but not a single one of them knew simple things like who was the first mayor of the Megga-City or who was the last mayor of Scarborough, North York or Etobicoke. Nobody could name the 5 cities/boroughs that used to make up Metropolitan Toronto. (before amalgamation) Not one person I spoke to could answer any question I asked them, yet they said they now more about Toronto than I did. lol People kept saying things like "you don't know what you're talking about " or "You don't understand how Toronto is". Almost all these people were not born in Toronto, yet they are telling me I don't know what's really happening in my own city.

If you point out they're wrong, you are in for a fight. I'm lucky I didn't get my ass kicked because a few times I felt things might go that way. Thank god the police were close by.

This is just some of the stupid shit I had people tell me, at Ford Fest.

Another thing I learned is that NOBODY at Ford Fest wants to debate on camera or even be filmed. I had more people ask me not to film them, than I have at the last 50 events I've filmed put together. Nobody would allow me to film our debates, probably because they said some really stupid things. This whole experience just left me feeling sick. The way people were screaming and cheering for him, as if he was Brad Pitt, just turned my stomach.

It was quite an eye-opening but disheartening, experience. It makes me nervous about the coming election.

I will be making a video of the event and I'll post it here, when I can stomach editing it.

Thanks for braving the storm. I attended one of Ford's radio shows at the CNE last year and that was as close I needed to get to Ford Nation.

Basically I've just accepted that a portion of the population will always be stubbornly ignorant.

To be clear, I felt dirty for spending too much time in Scarborough because of its urban form, not because of the people that live there.

If one were to "play mayoral candidate", that's still harsh. Look, Ford Fest or no Ford Fest, I can still get epiphanies from this kine of 50s60sburbia and its physical and demographic warpages over time--not that I'd *live* there, but it's better than being a bigoted ultra-urbanite ("bigotes" as in "biased", not as in "racist/homophobic/whatever")

Sad and telling, maybe. But in the grand scheme of things, very good. Those people can't vote.

It makes me feel a bit better too. Still, it is sad that Westboro style hatred is rampant in Toronto...

Any attendance numbers?

Last edited:
Sad and telling, maybe. But in the grand scheme of things, very good. Those people can't vote.

Municipally. When Robbie runs for....that thing he's destined for!...they'll be stainshirtin' beerhalls until the final putsch.

Seriously, does anyone have an idea of approximately how many people showed up at FordFest? Was it "thousands" or was it "hundreds"?
Definitely thousands from what I saw...the park was pretty packed and the traffic at Lawrence/Brimley was insane. The lines for food were so long that I didn't bother.

It makes me feel a bit better too. Still, it is sad that Westboro style hatred is rampant in Toronto...

Any attendance numbers?

Millions. The entire city showed up. Rob's the best Mayor ever! It's all about the kids folks.

Ford's people said over 12 thousand, so I would guess between 1 and 2 thousand, if that. Remember, they practice Hudak Math, everything's inflated by at least a factor of 8.

I totally agree and this is why I think he will get in again. We are in for a big fight if he doesn't. All these people will stroke the hell out when there is no more Jesus for their messed up prayers.

Re "the big fight": hey, people were accusing me of sensationalizing when I predicted chaos a la Belfast/Beirut/whatever for Toronto (and hey, toss Gaza into the mix currently).

Personally...at this point, I'm fatalistic. If a "big fight" comes out of this, bring it on. And it'll probably come either way: whether or not Ford gets reelected...

This got me thinking. How many people in Ford Nation are Canadian citizens? I'm pretty sure they cannot vote unless they're citizens, and Rob Ford's base seems to have a good number of immigrants (just my assumption, I have no valid statistics to back this up). Do the polls take this into account? I admit I haven't voted municipally since becoming a citizen myself, can a large group of people lie about being a citizen?

I've, actually, for the first time, skipped over a bunch of posts here. We are pissing in the wind. How about we just have a crack-off for mayor instead of an election. All candidates must smoke their faces off and the one who still remains civil wins?

Municipally. When Robbie runs for....that thing he's destined for!...they'll be stainshirtin' beerhalls until the final putsch.

Closer to home, but roughly the same era ( 10 years later ), I was thinking of the Christie Pits Riot.

Last edited:
Reg Hart is a lot of things, but I can't imagine he's a Ford supporter.

I'm also pretty sure he's gay.

He *was* a Ford supporter in 2010--he's suspended his support in 2014. But his "Jane Jacobs Libertarian" outlook still makes him about as acceptable a candidate for Flagg as it gets around those parts.

And yes, he's gay--in fact, some may needle him for a few, uh, "skeletons" related to that...

Can you imagine what would have happened if they'd have gotten their liquor licence?

Or, what would have happened if this were the States, lenient gun laws and all (presuming that the Fords are too lackadaisical to frisk the guests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back