News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
People may have been willing to cut Ford some slack at first regarding his behaviour, although the nature of his comments at the Leafs game and the fact that he initially lied about being there at all/abusing the couple in the stands is a bit of a red flag.

Lots of people will vote for anything that promises to lower their taxes, mostly because they consider pretty much any level of taxation to be extortionate and they don't understand what taxes pay for and how. Same with 'cutting spending'. But it should be clear by now to many of Ford's former voters that he has no idea how to make up for lost revenue or how to pay for things he thinks we need and which supposedly shouldn't cost us anything.

A lot if it is plausible deniability. If you start by assuming that all politicians are corrupt, then a bit of bad behaviour by Ford doesn't matter. Unless you followed closely it was hard to see that he was an order of magnitude worse than the competition. Don't forget we were coming off years of MFP inquiries, garbage strikes etc... so they all looked bad. Add the populist rhetoric from someone who has never held power and while he said the right things it was hard to tell that he was full of shit. And don't forget that he is far better at staying on his fictional message than anyone else.

A certain segment of the population still doesn't follow closely and yadda yadda yadda....

i don't have that kind of drive-nails-into-my-skull stamina

maybe you do, but i don't

:)

:D I happened to be on FB today and had some time on my hands and a tiny bit of patience, so I looked a little more closely at the membership--probably b/c it scares the livin' bejeezus out of me to think he could win. Safe to say the sum total IQ of the entire group barely reaches into double digits.

You're on shaky ground with that argument. Using that logic, only 22.2% of the electorate voted for Miller in 2006.

Yep voter participation is pathetic for all three levels of govt - I believe muni is worst ironically, since this impacts voters most IMO.

All of our elected leaders were voted in by a minority.

why do some of you call him "Miley" -- whatever anyone might think of Miley Cyrus (I don't like her) at least she speaks for herself.

Yep, that's why I call him "Miley", although she "speaks" for herself, it comes out bratish to me, but there is nothing wrong with being young and opinionated. It's the connections, Robbie and Dougie's 15min. are just about up, and although quiet now, I see Miley proving how young he is, and how full of shit he is by being more of a sideshow than his uncles.

Note: Shania Twain just got her own stamp from Canada Post.

Possibly because of 'autocorrect'? I suspect this might be why people here say 'camping' instead of 'campaigning'.

...or maybe it's some type of inside joke that I'm unaware of...

"Camping" is being used do to an error in the Yellow Pages for the Ford campaign office that is now fixed but the URL links to Donway Ford.

Last edited:
The burbs are going to Ford, and Tory should chip away at the Chow vote...Ford has a much more passionate base, i dont see the same for the Chow or Tory crowd.

You still here. How do you see the 905 voting Ford do any good for a Toronto mayoral election?

I posted the Tareyton ad, but nothing with KS or even mentioning KS in it.

Can you show us the link or Post # you are referring to?

Looks more like Renata.

Gee, RRR, that is suprising to me being called a Ford booster...I would suggest I'm far from it (and that goes as back as far as the mid '70's) ...and yes I have experience, that does not make me infallible, it makes me cautious, I learn from my errors.....I'm not sure what I did to get a bee in your bonnet, I was under the impression our conversations were for the most part pragmatic and lighthearted....
I have stated many times David Soknacki is my preferred candidate....
I find this thread sometimes borders on "fairy tale" with speculation, innuendo and less than informed views however it is fun to read even when imagination takes flight...I have the same view of the IHTWOMRF site however they seem more venal and spiteful harder to take and somewhat more jaundiced...

Hmm, I went back and read some of your other posts and a better man than I would probably apologize for linking you to the troll. Sorry. One of your 'I knew Stan Wadlow' posts irritated me at the time, but I couldn't track it down nor remember why. Forgive my zeal.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//new...oll/article19881386/?cmpid=rss1&click=dlvr.it

Rob Ford is losing popularity in everywhere but Scarborough.

Across the city, the polling data suggest Mayor Ford is sitting in third place — as did a poll commissioned by Mr. Tory’s campaign in June — with 23 per cent of the vote. The poll positioned Mr. Tory on top with 30 per cent of the vote and Ms. Chow close behind with 26 per cent. Mayoral candidates Karen Stintz and David Soknacki each garnered 3 per cent of the votes across the city, according to the poll.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._toronto_mayoral_race_ford_back_in_third.html

Last edited:
I don't think Rob Ford will get more than 20% in the polls. The majority of people that I see supporting him are not people who actually go out and vote or can vote if they wanted to. My goal is to get at least a few people who've never voted for municipal politics to get out and vote this year. I think we should all do the same. Can't be that hard to do!

just saw 'David Price' trending on twitter and thought something may be up in fordlandia, but no... just some baseball trade or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back