News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
These new articles on the poll single out Scarborough, but not Etobicoke. I'd be very interested to know how Rob is doing on his home turf. But really, 35% in Scarborough? Man, they must really like burgers.

It's those damn TCHC visits. He's focused on Scarborough recently, I think he knows he's done in Etobicoke, and Scarborough is still new to his visits so haven't clued in that nothing changes after talking to him yet.

That's my guess at least. I live in Scarborough but don't know a soul left who supports him.....

It's those damn TCHC visits. He's focused on Scarborough recently, I think he knows he's done in Etobicoke, and Scarborough is still new to his visits so haven't clued in that nothing changes after talking to him yet.

That's my guess at least. I live in Scarborough but don't know a soul left who supports him.....

ETA - my 80 year old neighbour did support him still, but he just got moved to a seniors home in Peterborough. His kids live in the city. I'm not gonna connect those dots........

I live in a very ford-Friendly part of Scarborough. His infamous camping office is across from me and he got mobbed when he showed up at Taste Of Lawrence. My grandma's hairdresser loves Rob and was happy to get a selfie with him.

Last edited:
New poll in The Star this evening...haven't looked at it yet...If someone would so kind as to link it up it would be appreciated....

Something sweet in the stars today. Petunia to Khristopher, Riverdale Rink Rat and you (Mr Banks) good on all of you. I became addicted to this thread when mr. magistrate came to town for treatment. For the most part it is like chatting with witty well informed and engaged chums. One question, how did this thread evolve from an architectural site? Also on the topic of auto correct, the first time I entered mcrobb I got microbe. Neat that.

Ford had the same problem - or maybe it was the other way around.

Excellent! You just made me start laughing out loud on the GO train. Luckily it's pretty quiet at this hour. Between this, the photoshop of angry muppet Thug in the back seat behind Rob and Deadrodent, and the line about Rob looking like a roasted chicken under a heat lamp the wit has never been sharper here.

Argh, I just lost a post somehow into the internet ether.

Long story short, the polls in the days leading up to the election will pay a huge role in who gets elected. There is a large "anyone but Ford" camp, who will flip between Tory or Chow if Ford even sniffs respectability. Look for both candidates to exploit this with their own polls, followed by Wynne-like appeals to vote strategically.

Also who is this one guy running a poll? Links to Kouvalis?

Last edited:
That Star-reported poll smells like strategic communication from Kouvalis, Inc. Faint smell of sulphur in its wake. Unsure whether pollster Johnny Alphabets has the credibility a hungry electorate needs:

"Pantazopoulos is a former pollster for Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He has ties to both Ford and Tory: he conducted an early poll for Ford’s 2010 campaign and worked with senior Tory aide Nick Kouvalis on the 2013 campaign of British Columbia Premier Christy Clark, a Liberal."

(Yeah. Bolded 'Liberal' because a) she's not and b) anyone privy to the shenanigans in the last B.C. Provincial election would do well to question Pantazopoulos' credibility and ethics. Sorry Star, Ekos, Nanos or nothing.)

Sample's a little better than low, IMO. MOE is relatively high. Basically could be construed to confirm the Forum results, from an even less reputable pollster.

The man himself (Dimitri who ran the poll) emailed me back, and said that only landlines were used in his poll. He is of the mind that you can get perfectly accurate results that way. Uh huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back