News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw 'David Price' trending on twitter and thought something may be up in fordlandia, but no... just some baseball trade or something.

It was a pretty big trade actually. ;) Our David Price isn't famous enough to trend on Twitter.

I don't think Rob Ford will get more than 20% in the polls. The majority of people that I see supporting him are not people who actually go out and vote or can vote if they wanted to. My goal is to get at least a few people who've never voted for municipal politics to get out and vote this year. I think we should all do the same. Can't be that hard to do!

I think that's a fabulous idea!

Also want to say that I'm really enjoying your posts lately. You've got a lot of really great things to say. I'm glad you've become a more regular poster. Sorry we were so hard on you at first.

Lesson learned; if we had been able to block you, we would have written off someone who is pretty intelligent and has value to offer this thread :D

These new articles on the poll single out Scarborough, but not Etobicoke. I'd be very interested to know how Rob is doing on his home turf. But really, 35% in Scarborough? Man, they must really like burgers.

Jonathan Goldsbie points out that Ford billed the city for vehicle maintenance, while he was in rehab -- and LeeAnne was driving :) I wonder what the Escalade will tweet about that
http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/category.htm?year=2014&councillorId=45&budgetType=0&categoryId=3

So much for not taking a dime from taxpayers, he prefers $20s, $50s, and $100s. This is rich, so much for no "financial scandals" touted by Dougie. I guess Deco can't pay their own bills.

These new articles on the poll single out Scarborough, but not Etobicoke. I'd be very interested to know how Rob is doing on his home turf. But really, 35% in Scarborough? Man, they must really like burgers.
Subways, not burgers.:rolleyes:

I spoke to Michele Berardinetti in May and she said he was at 44% in her ward. I don't know when that poll was done or how it's doing now in the same ward. I'm intrigued with Etobicoke. That doesn't bode well for Mikey.

Robbie's been practically dead to Etob. voters this time around. Maybe 35% of those who responded but one thing I think we have all learned, shit happens.

But overall, the poll suggests the mayor is losing his suburban support system, with Mr. Tory coming out on top in North York and the mayor’s home turf in Etobicoke.

Also, Andray Domise said on Twitter that many people in Etobicoke are ashamed of the whole Ford scenario.

I think that's a fabulous idea!

Also want to say that I'm really enjoying your posts lately. You've got a lot of really great things to say. I'm glad you've become a more regular poster. Sorry we were so hard on you at first.

Lesson learned; if we had been able to block you, we would have written off someone who is pretty intelligent and has value to offer this thread :D
Wow thank you! That was very nice of you to say :) Much appreciated.

So much for not taking a dime from taxpayers, he prefers $20s, $50s, and $100s. This is rich, so much for no "financial scandals" touted by Dougie. I guess Deco can't pay their own bills.

He'll just say that it was for wear and tear that happened while he was doing mayor work. Easy out for him.

Hmm, I went back and read some of your other posts and a better man than I would probably apologize for linking you to the troll. Sorry. One of your 'I knew Stan Wadlow' posts irritated me at the time, but I couldn't track it down nor remember why. Forgive my zeal.

Not a problem
It was the is Mikey mature enough to run for Council discussion...I mentioned in 1972 at 21 I ran against and lost to a future mayor (David Johnson) and a lifelong Community activist (Stan Wadlow)....and in a later post I spoke of a converstion with Mr. Wadlow....

Subways, not burgers.:rolleyes:

/rant

For the record, the BD line should have been extended decades ago, but I won't dwell on that. A pet peeve of mine is that we are not getting a subway built in Scarborough, we have a subway in Scarborough, unless you talk to Robbie who thinks there is nothing after Main by his screwed up maps. We have Vic. Park, Warden, and Kennedy for those subscribe to Robbie's or any other's plans that say "Scarborough Subway".

We need rapid transit that we can afford, not political promises every election. People should ask why the 2 densest areas in this part of Toronto are not served by anything but buses, and why the cities current plans have a subway extension going to an (in my opinion) insignificant intersection. This boondoggle of theirs does not even put a new station along Eglinton, at Brimley or Danforth, to serve that density.

/rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back