News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say but I'm almost at the point where I hope he just drops dead. There, I said it.

Or, to deflect off into my apocalyptic mode: if people (never mind Ford himself) actually start getting killed at Ford Fests, public debate rallies and the like (which *does* seem like a logical trajectory from what's happened over the past month)...that could well turn the tide from "ha-ha" to "uh-oh" among the Ford-selfie-celeb-obsessed out there.

I was direct messaging her on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, just making small talk. Not trying to get info or anything. I shudder at the thought that it might have been Lisi I was conversing with.

Same here. But I'm sure it was genuinely her. Sent a "How's it going?" yesterday and no response. No idea what that means. Could be Sandro, could be that her phone's at the bottom of a lake, could be that the IKEA monkey stole it.

I sometimes stare out of the window and wonder idly what a Rossi mayoralty would look like. Then I catch myself doing it, and shudder.

Haha. Rossi was, like Stintz, completely unelectable before the word 'go'. So when pondering a Rossi mayoralty, you might try picturing him riding a unicorn being led by leprechauns.

I can believe the Ford and Socks / Stintz shares (they're both no-hoper also-rans), but I have a strong feeling the Tory vote has been elevated at the expense of the Chow vote.

I would like to support Chow and even joined as a volunteer on her campaign, however to be honest, I'm not that impressed with what I've seen and heard from her so far. I'm wavering. The poll may (or may not) be biased, but Tory's lead doesn't surprise me that much.

This guy pops his head out every week or two to throw a moron bomb into the room and then leave. He's one of the old-time Ford apologists here, but most of the other ones have the self-respect to be embarrassed about how wrong they were.

Or else, they have the self-respect to buzz off from UT, because various newspaper/blog-site message threads (or #TOpoli) provide a more suitably egalitarian safe-zone.

With people like malvern2, there's safety in message boards, threads, whatever. Encounter them in real life at a Ford Fest, they'd probably be among Torontovibe's 10 conversationists at Ford Fest....

I ended up getting into about 10 conversations, that escalated to heated debates. It's interesting what Ford Nationals do when they lose a debate. lol They just turn around and walk away in disgust, still hollering.

...whereas in UT, all a malvern2 has to do is to drop his turd and run off while the others holler.

Loved the 'shopped drivin’ photos. Called my local dealer about a free test drive in the new Ford Family Compact, but like the TV ads say, “some conditions applyâ€. Apparently, the conditions are:

• Mikey drives
  • Rob flies, riding shotgun
  • You must sit in the back with Doug, who swears at passing cyclists. What’s more, he can smoke, but you can’t.
  • Front and rear airbags have been replaced with front and rear knuckle sandwiches. If you squirm in your seat – boom boom! – fries everywhere!

For now, imma stickin with my Metropass.

These new articles on the poll single out Scarborough, but not Etobicoke. I'd be very interested to know how Rob is doing on his home turf. But really, 35% in Scarborough? Man, they must really like burgers.

Subways, not burgers.:rolleyes:

It's those damn TCHC visits. He's focused on Scarborough recently, I think he knows he's done in Etobicoke, and Scarborough is still new to his visits so haven't clued in that nothing changes after talking to him yet.

That's my guess at least. I live in Scarborough but don't know a soul left who supports him.....

Yes, it's the subway. Even people who will never use it were screeching when others said the decision should be reversed and go back to LRT. :rolleyes: It's become "a symbol of [Ford's] love" for Scarberians. "Rob wants to give us a big shiny subway because he loves us, and you want to give us a cheapo LRT because you think we're not worthy." It's like some shallow fiancee wanting a diamond from Tiffany's rather than from the local department store. Never mind that her husband-to-be wants to use the savings difference to buy a house and some other things they'll need for their life -- she wants the most expensive diamond, or else it means he doesn't love her enough.

He managed to turn the issue into "the candidate who spends the most on you loves you most" -- even though the quality of the transit solution would suggest the less expensive option is more practical and useful.

This is true of someone who would identify themselves as "Ford Nation" but not everyone who voted for him in 2010 would. Some were already going "Ugh!" in 2012, before crackgate. At that time they still might have been thinking "it was the best choice at the time" but looking forward to a better choice in 2014.

Exactly My neighbour voted Ford in 2010 because blah, blah, blah, Miller, but he had seen through Ford's BS by Fall 2012 with the skipping work to coach football BS.

My calculus has always been that Ford got 383,000 votes in 2010. How many has he lost since then? A lot, for example, my neighbour. How many has he gained? Zero. Who out there is saying "If I could do it all over again, I'd vote for that walking gong show"? There may be "new voters", but these are statistically the least likely to vote (either because they are young or recent citizens). My guess is that he'll be lucky to break 200,000 votes.

And that's another reason why you should ignore Forum polls. This isn't about percent, it's about turnout. And anyone who thinks Ford's ground game is even on the same planet as where it was in 2010 is deluded. And have we forgotten that Doug lost their voter database? That seems like a not-insignificant detail. I'm NOT saying that he can't win because I won't celebrate that "death" until the final nail is pounded in the coffin. But let's just look at some objective facts here.

Oh, and there's been a slight decline in the percentage of people who want him to resign, but that's a stupid question and I don't even know how I'd answer it. Of course I want him gone, but I know he won't resign and he's got 88 days left before the vote, so what's the point? He has a LOT of work to do to just to get back the support he had before. Don't let a couple thousand flag-waving abusive homophobes in a park who show up for a free burger delude you into thinking that he'll get anywhere near the number of votes he got in 2010.

I think that's a fabulous idea!

Also want to say that I'm really enjoying your posts lately. You've got a lot of really great things to say. I'm glad you've become a more regular poster. Sorry we were so hard on you at first.

Lesson learned; if we had been able to block you, we would have written off someone who is pretty intelligent and has value to offer this thread :D

Plus, judging from his photo, Khristopher is actually kinda hot.

Sorry, I know that's off topic, but news is slow, and under such conditions, UT tends toward fantasy...

Yes, it's the subway. Even people who will never use it were screeching when others said the decision should be reversed and go back to LRT. :rolleyes: It's become "a symbol of [Ford's] love" for Scarberians. "Rob wants to give us a big shiny subway because he loves us, and you want to give us a cheapo LRT because you think we're not worthy." It's like some shallow fiancee wanting a diamond from Tiffany's rather than from the local department store. Never mind that her husband-to-be wants to use the savings difference to buy a house and some other things they'll need for their life -- she wants the most expensive diamond, or else it means he doesn't love her enough.

He managed to turn the issue into "the candidate who spends the most on you loves you most" -- even though the quality of the transit solution would suggest the less expensive option is more practical and useful.

I live in Scarborough, and I was pissed off when he did that. I wanted an LRT because it was more practical, affordable, most of the paperwork and endless studies seemed to be nearly completed. Then RoFo came in with the "subways to your front door!" garbage. Scarborough needs a better transit plan than just buses, but subway to scarborough at least the Fordian version? Hell no. People who believed Ford can deliver a subway to Scarborough on time and on budget, or better yet practically free because businesses are just going to fund it gratis? They need to be told to stop bogarting the crack pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back