News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing. (speculation time) I wonder if the TPS has completed their work on Lisi's iPhone - they supboena Ford as a witness and can use any good stuff from the iPhone to counter any false or misleading testimony he may give.

Also, this kind of lines up with Metro Man's "increased TPS chatter" comment from a few days ago.

we also learned recently that blair's not re-hired, and that a handful of project traveler detainees have been released. . . so definitely so movement going on here. it probably really pays to zoom out of the echo-chamber and get a big-picture perspective once in a while.

so: what are predictions about next steps?

Jesse Hawken ‏@jessehawken 8h
Courtroom
Attorney: Mr. Ford, what is the nature of your relationship with Mr Lisi?
Ford: I cannot talk about that, it's before the courts

Jesse Hawken ‏@jessehawken 8h
Courtroom
Attorney: Mr. Ford, what is the nature of your relationship with Mr Lisi?
Ford: I cannot talk about that, it's before the courts

The past is the past, folks. I can't talk about anything that happened before I went to court.

anyone else find this part confusing?

View attachment 30687

did plans to serve him on thursday get postponed? or plans they made on thursday have now been changed/postponed?

i know they said an explanation was not given, but why would media talking to morris postpone a subpoena being served?

yes. fire and fucking blast, i read it to mean that the media had an inside track on ford being served, and then tipped off an unaware Hotmail Lawyer (c) when they called him for an advance comment. this won't be the first time that the media's screwed the pooch on this one. they could have had a front-page shot of giroux walking into ford's office with a summons in his hand (front page: "you've been served!") and instead they've got a limp below-the-fold story about a non-served subpoena, no comment from rob, and a lame comment from Hotmail.

should've played the long game, media.

Rob Ford Must Go @robfordmustgo · 7h
Day 171 today.

If you'd like to see Rob & Doug Ford up close as they respond to subpoena-related media questions - come join in! /CC

He's taken all sorts of visiting celebrities on coffee runs and posted them on youtube. Check out his youtube channel.

Or don't. He wants attention. He is an insignificant pimple on this town's ass. The sooner he goes away, the better.

There were a few rumours about why Ford "took a leave of absence" so abruptly on May 1st. One was that there was a threat on his life, which I am not inclined to believe because why would he then spend the next two months making regular public appearances with random people in small towns?

But during his whole "leave of absence", I kept wondering what TPS was thinking. Which brings me to this line:

Morris wouldn’t comment on whether earlier plans had been cancelled or why.

That could be a reference to earlier plans as in earlier this week, but it could also be a reference to earlier plans as in they tried to subpoena him in late-April and he left the country (only to be denied entry into the US) and then (mostly) holed up in Muskoka for two months in order to come up with a plan about what to do next.

Just thinking out loud, but nobody really talked much about what TPS was up to in April and May.

yes. fire and fucking blast, i read it to mean that the media had an inside track on ford being served, and then tipped off an unaware Hotmail Lawyer (c) when they called him for an advance comment. this won't be the first time that the media's screwed the pooch on this one. they could have had a front-page shot of giroux walking into ford's office with a summons in his hand (front page: "you've been served!") and instead they've got a limp below-the-fold story about a non-served subpoena, no comment from rob, and a lame comment from Hotmail.

should've played the long game, media.

It's not the media's fault. Their job is to act on information, not sit and wait

There were a few rumours about why Ford "took a leave of absence" so abruptly on May 1st.
it was abrupt because he got hit with a holy trifecta of bad news on april 30

- globe and mail releases crack pipe screen grabs from video in kathy's basement

- toronto sun releases "jam her" audio from sully gorman's

- toronto star releases story of crack smoking at muzik and bieber fight

he just didn't want to deal with all of that at the same time, so he bailed

There were a few rumours about why Ford "took a leave of absence" so abruptly on May 1st. One was that there was a threat on his life, which I am not inclined to believe because why would he then spend the next two months making regular public appearances with random people in small towns?

But during his whole "leave of absence", I kept wondering what TPS was thinking. Which brings me to this line:

That could be a reference to earlier plans as in earlier this week, but it could also be a reference to earlier plans as in they tried to subpoena him in late-April and he left the country (only to be denied entry into the US) and then (mostly) holed up in Muskoka for two months in order to come up with a plan about what to do next.

Just thinking out loud, but nobody really talked much about what TPS was up to in April and May.
You're probably right about the timing. Everything was coming at him at once; videos, rants, smoking crack in Kathy's basement, cops putting pressure on, so they went to the only plan they had. They ran away. The Fords thought it would look "political" if he was subpoenaed while trying to recover from his "disease", and rehab would erase all of his past behaviour. No wonder the Fords have been extra batshit crazy this past week, they knew it was coming.

So does he sneak in the back door today? Does he show up at all? It will be interesting to hear his voice and see his face today. So often he looks up at the ceiling or rolls his eyes out of arrogance. Also, what kind of distraction will Doug come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back