8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford-coffee-run1-668x417.jpg

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/30/6-things-we-learned-from-deadmau5-rob-fords-coffee-run/

Attachments

• Ford-coffee-run1-668x417.jpg
    Ford-coffee-run1-668x417.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 674
Jonathan Goldsbie points out that Ford billed the city for vehicle maintenance, while he was in rehab -- and LeeAnne was driving :) I wonder what the Escalade will tweet about that
http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/category.htm?year=2014&councillorId=45&budgetType=0&categoryId=3

why does an escalade need $110 worth of maintenance a month, every month? seems like a lot to me, but i don't know SUVs.

and only $32.63 in gas for the whole month of april? that's about a 50% decrease compared to other months... i wonder why?

I wonder what the odds are that the preliminary hearing and trial and Ford's questioning will be placed under a publication ban.

There will almost certainly be a publication ban at the preliminary hearing. That's routine because only the Crown presents evidence at a prelim, the purpose being to prove there's a case worth prosecuting. There's no defence to speak of. In very rare instances, the defence will waive a ban, but don't expect it this time. That said, the public can attend the hearing. Also, if U.S. news media covers the prelim, they'll likely be able to get around a ban because they do their stuff outside Canada and are beyond the reach of our courts. I'm not sure how the courts are dealing with that, these days. The media will be able to report evidence from the actual trial as it is presented in court.

I don't know exactly how it works, but if you hide from being served a subpoena, I think you eventually get arrested. (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.)

From work experience the police will go to your house and any other known places you visit. But the more they have to play hide and seek the more aggressive they become and yes they can and will eventually arrest you. Now to be fair this is how the police handle people avoiding them from TCHC so the rules might apply differently to people who can afford proper lawyers. Then again because rofo does so much for TCHC maybe he should be getting the same treatment.

anyone else find this part confusing?

View attachment 30687

did plans to serve him on thursday get postponed? or plans they made on thursday have now been changed/postponed?

i know they said an explanation was not given, but why would media talking to morris postpone a subpoena being served?

I no longer get a hard copy of the star. The online star does not have this up yet. Anyone have an actual star is they can confirm or deny this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back