News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's Dieter, and that's his FB name. I did some googling a while back. Not a fake account.

I just quickly checked his Facebook likes and he's in at least 2 anti-Ford Groups. I think he's really who he says he is.

Garbage because this is the wrong thread? Well, excuse me all over the place.

Or garbage because I'm advocating a pragmatic method of getting rid of the most toxic thing to ever plague this city. If the numbers were reversed for Chow and Tory I'd be suggesting that the latter TOFTH. (take one for the team)

Personally, I really like Ms Chow. I volunteered for three of her Fed campaigns and banged on thousands of doors for her. But I'll hold my nose and vote for Tory if he's the best chance to send Ford back to permanent spa-hab.

+1. Vote friggin' MILLER if that gets rid of Ford! ;-)

Meanwhile, on FaceBook, on the No Ford Nation page:

Curious that he misspells Stirpe as Stripe.

Spoonerism is not uncommon, neither is auto correction. Using them on purpose is fun too, to blow my own horn, I trumpeted that Fords are attempting to change a tiger's "stripes".

Lame? Maybe, but still funny.

I figure this is a plant - In their bizarre way of "thinking", Uncles could figure saying Mikey is gay could win them a sympathy vote from the gay community they've alienated. When he "comes out", (whether or not he is really gay), they suddenly embrace the concept of homosexuality - a "come to Jesus" moment, if you will.

Possible, but the "come to Jesus" never gained traction for Robbie; however, begrudging tolerance is in the bigots handbook, and it may speak to closet cases his own age if he changes his platform to actively involve/invoke Pride.

Last edited:
I just saw the front cover of the Toronto Sun and I feel ill. I didn't read the article but if Mikey can be in first place without even opening his mouth once, something is seriously wrong with Etobicoke. How do these people know this kid isn't dumb as a rock or seriously messed up, if they haven't heard a word from him? It just blows my mind how a whole riding could be so blinded by the name Ford, that they'd vote for anyone in that family, without knowing what that person is about. The guy is 20 years old for Christ's sake and with no accomplishments or involvement with politics or the community. How has this kid proven himself or even justified his ability to do the job? (or even communicate on a competent level) I'm just appalled!

Using them on purpose is fun too, to blow my own horn, I trumpeted that Fords are attempting to change a tiger's "stripes".

Lame? Maybe, but still funny.

Only lame to those who did not think of it first! ;)

View attachment 31061View attachment 31062
https://twitter.com/mjrichardson_to/status/491683156777398272/photo/1 https://twitter.com/rofopho/status/498590470311010304/photo/1

"Give me one good goddamn reason to believe that Mike Ford's candidacy is anything but Ward 2 being treated like a Ford fiefdom."

"Silence, Serf..! The 3rd Dauphin of Etobicoke, Mikey Ford shall rule #Ward2... "

"Question NOT the House of @FordNephew, vile serf, for they are the Chosen!"

"I'm entitled to my entitlements."

LMAO!

Last edited:
I just saw the front cover of the Toronto Sun and I feel ill. I didn't read the article but if Mikey can be in first place without even opening his mouth once, something is seriously wrong with Etobicoke. How do these people know this kid isn't dumb as a rock or seriously messed up, if they haven't heard a word from him? It just blows my mind how a whole riding could be so blinded by the name Ford, that they'd vote for anyone in that family, without knowing what that person is about. The guy is 20 years old for Christ's sake and with no accomplishments or involvement with politics or the community. How has this kid proven himself or even justified his ability to do the job? (or even communicate on a competent level) I'm just appalled!

As a longtime resident of Etobicoke I am frustrated by the Fords, but equally frustrated by the generalizations by the rest of Toronto about Etobicoke. Please remember Ward 2 is 1 Ward out of how many in Etobicoke? Seriously folks, Ford couldn't get elected in his own ward which is why he ran in 2. Not all Etobicoke residents are disenfranchised and angry.

Please remember Ward 2 is 1 Ward out of how many in Etobicoke?

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Ward 4 - Etobicoke Centre. It was a great place to grow up.

In 2010 Ward 4 voted 68% Ford, 22% Smitherman and 6% Pantalone. I wonder how RoFo will do there in 2014?

I think most know little about their councillor so they just keep picking the incumbent or someone they've heard of.

I wonder how many simply vote for a last name that looks similar to their own? Or for a candidate they know nothing about? I am thinking of MiFo.

Last edited:
Just back from a week up north with no WiFi. At first, I thought "well, it will probably be a nice break". I was wrong. TOTAL withdrawal. I can't possibly catch up on a week's worth of posts, but I hope I didn't miss anything too epic. I missed you guys! lol

I think Rob and Doug Ford telling ward 2 residents who to vote for plays a bigger part than name recognition. Let's face it, they would vote for a bag of hockey pucks if they told them to.

My family used to vote for Luby every time just cause I was friends with her son. No idea if she's a good councillor or not. Is she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back