8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents are in their early 60's and I am turning 32 on Thursday. :p

The Ford family is loaded. How could they possibly run out of money to prop up Robbie and Mikey?

Deco is not a bank. In a business the most important activity is properly playing "pluses and minus", and up to two million is quite the "minus", especially if there are no "pluses" like using your office to create business opportunities for your "friends", i.e. Robbie protecting Apollo, or sole sourcing contracts to RR Donnelly; both are clients of Deco.

Spending money is only "plus" if you make money from the action.

I think they *have* it. They just might not want to spend it. Fordz are apparently notoriously cheap.

They are cheapskates. After well more than 30 years experience in my profession, the only truly, irredeemably greedy people I have dealt with have been rich.

This is quite true. They have barely put out any advertising other than the one camping video that broke the rules.

Whew. That sent me to look the dude up online. Apparently he wasn't in HS when I knew him - guess my friend was a sight younger than he. He blended well. :) I'm only (? :) ) 51.

lol - not a question of running out. But the sibling in-fighting scenario rather rings true...

That isn't too old by today's standards.

Deco is not a bank. In a business the most important activity is properly playing "pluses and minus", and up to two million is quite the "minus", especially if there are no "pluses" like using your office to create business opportunities for your "friends", i.e. Robbie protecting Apollo, or sole sourcing contracts to RR Donnelly; both are clients of Deco.

Spending money is only "plus" if you make money from the action.

Out of curiosity, do the rules permit the candidates to sink their own money into a campaign like in the US?

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.58.51 PM.jpg

http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=10336 p. 16

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.58.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.58.51 PM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 639
Um, this can't bode well.

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 5m
What's shakin??

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 32m
Got a little bummed out when it was only 45 days not 50 but yahoo 45 is still good

Why are people linking to useless blogs, or useless comments posted in blogs written by the blogger, or blogs written by bloggers who alternately post here under different aliases? Seems a bit like a paradoxically redundant red herring to do so.

that rinse / jasmine info came from a comment on a blog, so you never know. best to keep an open yet skeptical mind.

I know "Sooey" and I'm pretty sure she is not privy to any insider knowledge, just repeating the same speculation that the rest of us have read. I'm inclined to side with Petunia when she says the Facebook profile is not "fake."

granted, there's a billion bits of info to remember if you try to follow it all, so maybe i''m wrong, but i felt like this was the first time someone said she partied with ford et. al.

can you direct me to where that speculation could have been read?

The one thing about holding a political fundraiser is that no matter how wealthy the candidate, it’s a litmus test of who *says* they will support you and who *pays* to support you. It helps separate the sheep from the goats.

Last Thursday’s weenie roast at Mom’s is likely to have fewer guests than claimed and even fewer paying ones. Further details are probably unnecessary.

We already know their former conservative “friends” like Hudak and Harper have not just left the building, but are seriously in hiding.

So let’s follow the money. If the low takings last week indicate that it would take serious Ford ca$h to run a campaign to win, at what point does FoFam fold its cards?

I tend to think in the FoFam dynamic, this would be seen as “spending all the money on Rob (again)” and probably not “defending the family honour” or some such nonsense. Besides, even if he did win, how long before he royally effs up again?

For all that FoFam $ outlay, what’s the return on investment?

There’s now the problem of scrutiny over Rob and Doug’s activities around city contracts, rent-seeking, insider information and council voting to benefit selected businesses and persons, e.g. Apollo, Donnelly, muzik, etc. There may not be much influence left to peddle. How can someone return a favour, if you can’t give ‘em one?

There’s rarely much pay-off in losing, but for FoFam in 2014 there may not be much in winning either.

I agree with you on the first half. The attendees weren't exactly a who's of TO. They've been dumped by anyone that matters. The fundraiser wasn't really about raising funds, it was about having an excuse to skip the debate on heritage and culture. They read the questions and went "Oh crap! We got nothing!"

However, I think you've misread Ford logic in the rest. Why would they quit?
They are Kings in their own minds, meant to rule over the minions of the City.
They are going to win this! Its a sure thing! 110%!

It doesn't matter if a King F's up. He's still the King.

Attachments

• 10597479_331767166983680_1566293646_n.jpg
    10597479_331767166983680_1566293646_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 700
The one thing about holding a political fundraiser is that no matter how wealthy the candidate, it’s a litmus test of who *says* they will support you and who *pays* to support you. It helps separate the sheep from the goats.

Last Thursday’s weenie roast at Mom’s is likely to have fewer guests than claimed and even fewer paying ones. Further details are probably unnecessary.

We already know their former conservative “friends†like Hudak and Harper have not just left the building, but are seriously in hiding.

So let’s follow the money. If the low takings last week indicate that it would take serious Ford ca$h to run a campaign to win, at what point does FoFam fold its cards?

I tend to think in the FoFam dynamic, this would be seen as “spending all the money on Rob (again)†and probably not “defending the family honour†or some such nonsense. Besides, even if he did win, how long before he royally effs up again?

For all that FoFam $ outlay, what’s the return on investment?

There’s now the problem of scrutiny over Rob and Doug’s activities around city contracts, rent-seeking, insider information and council voting to benefit selected businesses and persons, e.g. Apollo, Donnelly, muzik, etc. There may not be much influence left to peddle. How can someone return a favour, if you can’t give ‘em one?

There’s rarely much pay-off in losing, but for FoFam in 2014 there may not be much in winning either.

You are assuming FoFam is running a conventional campaign.

Instead, I think they're running a low cost version of a Hail Mary strategy.

RoFo doesn't have a policy talking points. Basically he doesn't have any credible platform to run on. So he doesn't need to advertise that. All he is left with is name recognition. And he can keep his name in the news by calling a presser at will or doing a faux outrage like today. Either will get him on CP24 and, probably, the ethnic stations.

He knows he's not going to connect with most thinking people and he's not going to waste time to convert them. All he is banking on is a lucky break in the vote split.

If that should not come to pass, well, they didn't end up spending too much of anything either.

The only uncertainty in this scenario is if he hangs in there past Sept 12 and both he and Mikey loses in Oct. That would mean no Ford for at least 4 years.

But that would be a good thing!!:))

Attachments

• 10632348_831956266817016_2071608575_n.jpg
    10632348_831956266817016_2071608575_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 847
  • 10598467_1534968166735006_763391670_n.jpg
    10598467_1534968166735006_763391670_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 10632170_622516407865960_190372786_n.jpg
    10632170_622516407865960_190372786_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 681
  • 10598402_751265791585996_1017722524_n.jpg
    10598402_751265791585996_1017722524_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 691
10 Bizarre Crimes That Prove America Is Way Too Addicted To Fast Food

10. Possible public intoxication goes well with Jamaican food.

Though he insisted he was "not very drunk," Rob Ford -- the most famous mayor in the world-- had a moment of fast food weakness when he stumbled into a Jamaican restaurant for a little late night snack. Though he wasn't charged with public intoxication, we're pretty sure he would've been arrested considering he was badmouthing the police chief in his drunken rambling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/people-addicted-to-fast-food_n_5658185.html

Yeah, what ever happened to Rob Ford was going to come back slimmer and trimmer and prove to the world that he is a new man who can accomplish goals? It looks like they just forgot about that because after all these weeks, it doesn't look like he has lost a pound. I'd have to give a big FAIL to that goal. (no surprise there)

yeah! buffboy! (and others) awesome job!

Connection?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/08/25/toronto_woman_gunned_down_in_calgary.html

On Friday night, 26-year-old Natasha Mohamed Farah went “out with some friends to socialize, have a few drinks and then head home.” Police said she was chatting with friends outside Bronco Smokehouse and Saloon around 3 a.m. when she was fatally shot.

Three men were arrested at a hotel in northwest Calgary and are being questioned by the homicide unit, Cavilla said. The arrested men are known to Toronto police — one suspect in custody “is wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for an attempt murder out of Toronto.”

hard to know without the release of other family members' and/or suspects' names.

eta: well... i found this...

Rima Hassan, who identified herself as Farah’s stepsister, described the victim as “beautiful soul” and asked for privacy as her family grieves.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/11...algary-shooting-three-men-taken-into-custody/

Last edited:
You are assuming FoFam is running a conventional campaign.

Instead, I think they're running a low cost version of a Hail Mary strategy.

RoFo doesn't have a policy talking points. Basically he doesn't have any credible platform to run on. So he doesn't need to advertise that. All he is left with is name recognition. And he can keep his name in the news by calling a presser at will or doing a faux outrage like today. Either will get him on CP24 and, probably, the ethnic stations.

He knows he's not going to connect with most thinking people and he's not going to waste time to convert them. All he is banking on is a lucky break in the vote split.

If that should not come to pass, well, they didn't end up spending too much of anything either.

The only uncertainty in this scenario is if he hangs in there past Sept 12 and both he and Mikey loses in Oct. That would mean no Ford for at least 4 years.

But that would be a good thing!!:))

The people who he's targeting don't watch pressers or city hall debates. Why do you think he's spending 50 hours every week pounding the street festival circuit? much cheaper than buying ads, for one. going for the one-to-one approach, he's out to meet/shake hands/get selfie with every resident in the city!

(impressive as a reality-TV show challenge; not sure what it has to do with being mayor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back