News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the volume really low for anyone else? It was loud before and when the girl sang the anthem I turned it down. Now it seems too quiet and I have it at 100%

I understand what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree with you that he's powerless on his own. His power is reduced, sure. Take away the infamy, money, entourage, the adulation of Ford Nation, sure he won't be turning heads as much. He does however have some power on his own. He didn't get to where he is now without having some ability or instinct.

Don't confuse power with skill or talent, an opportunist looks for the point of manipulation in a situation.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Trustee candidate: "My name is Tiffany Ford and there's no relationship with Rob. I'm not his niece, I'm not his cousin, not his buyer."

Zing!

You are still missing the point, Robbie's "power" is given to him by others. You go to the carney to be amazed and astonished, the barker/huckster uses that to get what they want.

Fact is it needs to be contended with. At debates, by the press, the public, his charms need to be exposed for what it is. There are no scathing wits among the contenders or apparently our press.did he bring a puppy to the debate?

Fact is it needs to be contended with. At debates, by the press, the public, his charms need to be exposed for what it is. There are no scathing wits among the contenders or apparently our press.did he bring a puppy to the debate?

Exactly!

Domise just chided Ford (not by name) for his claim that he "does more for the black community than anyone else" and got a good reception.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Candidates are finally introduced. Ford first. I would describe his reception as "polite applause with some laughter."

Last edited:
I'd love to know how I got on their email list.

Anyone know if this is a violation of CASL? I'm wondering if the merchandising might cross the line...

Are there exceptions, such as the Do Not Call list for political parties and charities?
Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) does not apply to non-commercial activity. Political parties and charities that engage Canadians through email are not subject to CASL if these communications do not involve selling or promoting a product.

There are also further exemptions for situations where such organizations engage in commercial activities with people who have made a donation or gift in the last 18 months, volunteered or performed volunteer work in the last 18 months, or were a member of the organization in the last 18 months. These exceptions apply to registered charities, political parties and candidates in federal, provincial, territorial or municipal elections.

Ford Fundraising.jpg

Attachments

• Ford Fundraising.jpg
    Ford Fundraising.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 772
Nice timing. IMHO, Lord Mammo is on the way out, he has embarrassed the voters in that ward enough.

Mammoliti taking City to court
"Mammoliti has served the city with a legal notice for judicial review of July’s council decision to strip him of three months pay — around $26,000 — after the integrity commissioner found that he breached the code of conduct by pocketing $80,000 from a 2013 fundraising dinner..."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/29/mammoliti-taking-city-to-court

I think Domise has been the best opponent Ford has gotten the whole campaign. He's been smart, social media savvy, able to reach audiences normally friendly to Ford, funny, pointed, and he's known exactly when to hit Ford and when to focus on talking about how to build a better city. He's made the mayoral candidates look sickly in comparison.

Jonathan Goldsbie
@goldsbie
People weren't supposed to clap but did. "You know you can make a change when you break all the rules, right?" the emcee says. Ford smiles.

Burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back