News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the other day when RoFo was quoted as saying in regards to TPS, “Paid duty, I believe, is having a lot of officers go out, like we all do, work overtime, make a few extra bucks”.

Actually, Paid Duty is not overtime ( OT ). OT shows on the Sunshine List. Paid Duty does not.
What would Rob know about overtime? Unless he considers anything over 3 hours/day or before noon overtime.

Last edited:
Ugh. I don't find him charismatic at all. Never have, never will. Probably because the first knowledge I had of him was years ago, involving potential spousal abuse. I've always thought he is an ass, unfit for public office (and pretty much everything else).
I really must figure out how to do multi quotes at once. Perhaps charming is a better word. Several weeks ago I posited he had charisma and somone chimed in it was more messianic.
I have met him. I witnessed dozens of intelligent people who would never vote for him fawning all over him.. The women wanted to do him the men wanted to be him. We underestimate his " charm, appeal, whatever you want to call it at our peril. A few pages back a poster reminded us all that there will be those who secretly vote for him. I think thats a real possibility

I was just referring to Jimmy's comment - he was saying that people close to Ford "love" him because they are physically terrified of him.

Just as the relationship with an abusive parent.

http://www.seanmathmodelguy.com/?p=1364

http://www.philosopherofwrite.com/?p=455

These two blog posts are related. Very interesting read. Certainly confirms my impression that Furr is a bit of a self-important asshat, despite the redeeming quality that he is against Ford.

John Furr is so Ford-like in so many ways. All he does is fight with people on twitter and act like he's going to sue anyone who blinks in his direction. I don't know if the guy eats or sleeps.

Ugh. I don't find him charismatic at all. Never have, never will. Probably because the first knowledge I had of him was years ago, involving potential spousal abuse. I've always thought he is an ass, unfit for public office (and pretty much everything else).

I agree, charisma is the last thing that comes to mind thinking of Robbie.

Charming might be more accurate. I don't mean like, dapper, or wow what a wonderful charming person. I mean charming as a verb. Like pulling the wool over someone's eyes, or a magician ("I'm an Illusionist, Michael!!" -Gob Bluth) using distraction and other tricks to control where your attention will be. One on one retail politics level, I don't doubt for a second Rofo can be very charming. I have never met merryl in person, but I have met some of his fans who did pre-2010 merryl race. And they were definitely charmed by then Councilor Rofles.

I also don't doubt that Rofo can turn on a dime from a charming, big teddy bear party animal into a violent bully. The TDCSB reports of his antics, bowling over Councilor Mcconnel in chambers, the alleged Mickeydees combo punch. Even if Rofo was sober as a judge, doesn't change the fact that he has shown to have a history of violins.

The word you are looking for is "beguiling".

I really must figure out how to do multi quotes at once. Perhaps charming is a better word. Several weeks ago I posited he had charisma and somone chimed in it was more messianic.
I have met him. I witnessed dozens of intelligent people who would never vote for him fawning all over him.. The women wanted to do him the men wanted to be him. We underestimate his " charm, appeal, whatever you want to call it at our peril. A few pages back a poster reminded us all that there will be those who secretly vote for him. I think thats a real possibility

Go to a post you want to quote, then click the icon on the bottom right that looks like "+

Go to the next post you want to quote, do the same thing, then click on "reply with quote" after you're done all of them and they will appear in one big reply box.

And yet almost everyone in his life loves him and has unwavering loyalty. I can't figure it out!

He's famous.

I was just referring to Jimmy's comment - he was saying that people close to Ford "love" him because they are physically terrified of him.

This is an old story, guys. There are literally hundreds of stories of high school/college kids whose coaches made them do horrible and gross things, yet they love and stick up for the coach. Call it Stockholm syndrome or whatever, but a large percentage of human beings fall under a 'spell' of those who abuse them, rather than stand up for themselves. I'm sure there are all sorts of psych books about it.

And it's actually even more powerful if the tyrant occasionally breaks down and you have to prop them up -- makes you feel sorry for them even as they terrorize you. Makes it kind of co-dependent, I guess. Or like those hazings at fraternities; why would you let someone treat you like that? Why would you want to belong to that???? But many people do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back