News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Domise has been the best opponent Ford has gotten the whole campaign. He's been smart, social media savvy, able to reach audiences normally friendly to Ford, funny, pointed, and he's known exactly when to hit Ford and when to focus on talking about how to build a better city. He's made the mayoral candidates look sickly in comparison.

I totally agree.

So far this is definitely not a Ford friendly crowd. I love it! He lied about building subways, about no strikes, the usual. Someone in the crowd yelled out "library strike". Chow was the most passionate I've ever heard so far. Soknacki did well and Tory wasn't bad. Hopefully the gloves will be off tonight.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Mayoral candidate Dewitt Lee: on Ford "I do hope we get to hear from him an apology for the use of the n-word so we can move on and heal."

This is easily the least Ford friendly debate so far. Good!

"Nobody but nobody has done more for Toronto Community Housing than Rob Ford!" Some applause, much skepticism.

People aren't taking the bait.

Name-drops Eugene Jones. Gets scattered applause at best.

Last edited:
So, no apology yet. Lots of confusion as to how much time each candidate gets to speak. Waiting for apology...or a answer in Jamaican Patois.

So, no apology yet. Lots of confusion as to how much time each candidate gets to speak. Waiting for apology...or a answer in Jamaican Patois.

OMG so funny like Homer Simpson self talk .
Thought bubble:" don't speak patois, dont speak patios,"
Moderator : ah Mr.Mayor?
Thought bubble: Dont speak patois. Dont speak patios,
Out loud : yah mon

Tory calls out Ford for repeatedly voting against programs for "marginalized, high-risk communities." Much cheering.

FINALLY! Someone called him out on his voting history.

Tory: "'Carding' is a word that has become negative [because of how it's been used]." Lots of murmurs of "Wow" in the crowd.

Only Tory could say something like this with the mayor's race his to lose.

Ford doesn't address question. "Say something, Rob," a man shouts.

This is a far cry from the Scarborough debate where the crowd was fawning over him. He is getting heckled and booed constantly.

Last edited:
I love this debate. Ford and Tory are not doing well with the crowd. Chow is much louder, more pationate and more sure of herself and Soknacki is being his usual solid self with *shock* facts and solutions to problems instead of talking points. If only the damned feed would sort it self out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back