News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
D!onne Renee is annoying me. She keeps talking during the debate while others are talking. Now she wants herself and Dewitt to be involved in future debates but come on, if there are 60 people running for mayor, you can't keep adding more debaters. 5 was a problem, now it's better with 4.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Organizer says crowd will soon have to clear room so media can speak to the candidates. Ford looks worried.

Can't avoid it this time!

An embarrassed-looking woman walks up to receive a humanitarian award from Rob Ford.

Could be turning out better.

Last edited:
In my experience there's no central database, but they can get the records from each airline to find out. I've had that come back to haunt more than one client.

Thjs is more accurate. One would think border and police etc are always linked up. But exit documents are a weak link. Airline manifests can always be requested.

Ford continues to ignore questions about his football coaching despite having touted it in the debate.

I chased him shouting questions. Amin kept physically blocking me then accusing me of shoving him.

Avoiding the media might not have been a wise move. Keep it up!

"Are you a good football coach? Do you stand by your record as a football coach? Will you apologize for using the n-word?" No answers.

The next debate, on Tuesday night, is on my home turf of East York. Yet another hostile territory for Frod.

The next debate, on Tuesday night, is on my home turf of East York. Yet another hostile territory for Frod.

Is there a specific host group or theme? Id like to know which debates will be taking public questions and start to put forth some good ones from UT. We have a brain trust at our fingertips.

... a large percentage of human beings fall under a 'spell' of those who abuse them, rather than stand up for themselves. I'm sure there are all sorts of psych books about it.

And it's actually even more powerful if the tyrant occasionally breaks down and you have to prop them up -- makes you feel sorry for them even as they terrorize you. Makes it kind of co-dependent, I guess.

bingo.

the inner ford circle (i.e. the family) is populated by narcissists and codependents. the deeper question is how far this dynamic permeates wider, and then even wider, circles.

for instance: why does the mayor seem to attract codependent associates, friends, staff, 'friends', hangers-on, female rehab acquaintances? what is it about both him and them? what are their motivations for being drawn to him? what goes through the minds of lisi, of bellissimo, of aboodowleh, of price, of basso, of johnson, of mcrobb?

moreover, what are their motivations for staying in such an abusive relationship where, for instance, one might find himself punched square in the nose without any indication it was coming; or offered sexually to friends in the marital home; or told to roll about in goose shit; or physically assaulted, after hours, at city hall; or continually pressured to cross boundaries to the point that those boundaries are blurred and then eliminated? this is what narcissists do.

perhaps some of this dynamic can help explain the next widest circle, namely the voters of toronto. yes, robert has charisma in spades, and he speaks to the downtrodden and the ignored in a way that they understand (and in the precise media they consume the most, if at all). supporters in turn remain loyal because they've never been listened to or have never felt truly represented. one's own sense of abandonment is powerful enough a force; on election day, collective disenfranchisement also has a long, long history in democracies.

as so many have mentioned in this forum, populists like ford get this. his core supporters (i.e. 'ford nation') practise confirmation bias just like the rest of us. and while their hero has proved an enormous challenge to that collective bias, they shift (or sometimes mute) their pro-ford opinions to suit the context and the time.

enter douglas jr. whatever your opinion of him, he is quite skilled at manipulation, propaganda, disinformation, evasion, lying brazenly and -- perhaps most importantly -- fostering cognitive dissonance in more attentive but not necessarily informed voters.

with due respect to mike godwin, rob ford's campaign manager has his brother everywhere in a way that was perfected in the spring of 1932: radio, television, internet, newspapers, magazines. and when rob isn't newsworthy, doug fills in the gaps with bluster and nonsense.

hitler did an astonishing 21 cities in 7 days by aeroplane back then. today, doug ford doesn't have to try nearly that hard.

Last edited:
It's being hosted by the Greenwood Community Association, September 2nd, at Kimbourne Park United, 200 Wolverleigh Blvd.

It would be great to see other East End UTers there. It will likely be vocally anti-Ford, crowd wise.

http://decadiaries.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/mayoral-forum-in-our-hood/

Eta looks like attendance is limited to DECA or GCA members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back