News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Sarah Palin used to refer to anything other than Fox News as "lame-steam" media.

Didn't Soks tell Rob something like he was entitled to opinions, but not to present them as facts.

Yeah, but he was quoting Daniel Patrick Moynehan, former US Senator. I believe the exact quote is, “You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”

several people were predicting that ford would be undone by his substance abuse before the election, with an OD (fatally or otherwise), a police sting, or a bad public bender.

in a sense they were right: ford had a family history and a personal history, but he treated his body absolutely terribly for a very, very long time. you simply can't pour that much drink, drugs, bad food, stress and erratic hours into one (already very unhealthy) body without major ramifications.

I don't think it would be wrong to say that he drank and smoked his way into the hospital bed he's in now.

"If you are not using needles [OVERWEIGHT] and you are not gay [ALCOHOLIC], you wouldn't get AIDS [CANCER]. Probably, that's bottom line.â€

Original quotation is from Councillor Rob Ford.

"These are the facts" --Rob Ford http://www.citynews.ca/2006/06/29/councillor-rob-ford-under-fire-over-aids-comments/

Thank you for this. As CP4Ford is about to make him a saint, and everybody wishes him well. We should all remember this is a man in power who treated the citizen like crap in their time of need and was heartless towards them over and over again, much like the example you gave. I see your example and raise you this Ford on Cyclists - Let's rephrase his quote back to Robbie.

"What I compare unhealthy living to is swimming with the sharks, sooner or later you're going to get bitten. Every year we have dozens of people getting sick or dying, no wonder. Bodies are build for fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods. Not for drug addicts on crack and alcohol . You know, my heart bleeds for him if he dies. But it's his own fault at the end of the day.

Yup sounds pretty uninformed, cold and callous. But it's EXACTLY what he spreads while in power, and his supporters eat it up. So he and his supporters can F off. Also when a young girl died after being hit by a car and her family and community wanted to look at lowering the speed limit, this a-hole didn't even considered. The fat bastard has to get home quick to see the first part of Wheel of Fortune, be damned for the safety of the community.

Thank you for this. As CP4Ford is about to make him a saint, and everybody wishes him well. We should all remember this is a man in power who treated the citizen like crap in their time of need and was heartless towards them over and over again, much like the example you gave. I see your example and raise you this Ford on Cyclists - Let's rephrase his quote back to Robbie.

"What I compare unhealthy living to is swimming with the sharks, sooner or later you're going to get bitten. Every year we have dozens of people getting sick or dying, no wonder. Bodies are build for fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods. Not for drug addicts on crack and alcohol . You know, my heart bleeds for him if he dies. But it's his own fault at the end of the day.

Yup sounds pretty uninformed, cold and callous. But it's EXACTLY what he spreads while in power, and his supporters eat it up. So he and his supporters can F off. Also when a young girl died after being hit by a car and her family and community wanted to look at lowering the speed limit, this a-hole didn't even considered. The fat bastard has to get home quick to see the first part of Wheel of Fortune, be damned for the safety of the community.

spot on.

I believe Sarah Palin used to refer to anything other than Fox News as "lame-steam" media.

Didn't Soks tell Rob something like he was entitled to opinions, but not to present them as facts.

He was paraphrasing someone (I can't remember who) in the US a few years ago who said (IIRC) "you're entitled to your opinions, but you aren't entitled to your own facts" to some crazy Republican or other.

Crap, beaten to it (with more useful information) by zang. :p

Last edited:
several people were predicting that ford would be undone by his substance abuse before the election, with an OD (fatally or otherwise), a police sting, or a bad public bender.

in a sense they were right: ford had a family history and a personal history, but he treated his body absolutely terribly for a very, very long time. you simply can't pour that much drink, drugs, bad food, stress and erratic hours into one (already very unhealthy) body without major ramifications.

I don't think it would be wrong to say that he drank and smoked his way into the hospital bed he's in now.
I read/heard a couple of doctors who very clearly stated that lifestyle, including obesity and alcohol use, were significant factors in abdominal tumours of many kinds, as well as family history. I rather thought that they were saying what you've just said, couched in professional terms. :)

I just posted similar. My thinking too.

As for the toe story actually being a tumour, the toe incident happened at Toronto Western. He is now at Mount Sinai. Wouldn't switch oncologists, i don't believe. Although TW and MS are part of the UHN network. You never know with Rub and Tug.

Thank you for this. As CP4Ford is about to make him a saint, and everybody wishes him well.

CP24 isn't pro Ford per se - they are pro celebrity / pro newsworthy. Can't fill time on a 24-hour news channel unless the politicians are willing to talk to you. There's no evidence of political leanings, just softball journalism. Tory or Chow will get the same fawning respect, but perhaps toned down a bit.

CP24 isn't pro Ford per se - they are pro celebrity / pro newsworthy. Can't fill time on a 24-hour news channel unless the politicians are willing to talk to you. There's no evidence of political leanings, just softball journalism. Tory or Chow will get the same fawning respect, but perhaps toned down a bit.

I somewhat disagree. They gave Wormington a platform to be an idiot, knowing that he is nothing but a Ford shill and personal scribe.

At first I believed that, they were just incompetent. But after his spa-hab I noticed a distinct positive news towards him. For example the weekend he returned at the Canada day East York parade where he was booed they reported that he had a "hero welcome" with tight shots of him and his supporters and completely ignoring the negative reaction. When twitter went crazy with videos of the negative reaction and other news outlets reporting it, CP4Ford changed their report to "mixed reaction". I think somebody in the news department is a Ford fan,or maybe enjoy the idea of promoting Ford.

Looks like Ford has no problems frequenting downtown, elitist, latte sipping hospitals.

So will this situation get into his fat head that downtown subways are not there just for downtown residents. But it's there because stuff like "hospital row" is visited by people all over the city and even the province and that's one of many reasons why a downtown needs an extra subway more than a suburb.

You've clearly never suffered from an addiction.

I think it was probably more a psychological denial pure and simple. He's definitely not dealt with his fathers illness and death and I bet te toe thing was doctors telling him to deal with this shit and he said ya ya. 3 mos goes by quickly.

I somewhat disagree. They gave Wormington a platform to be an idiot, knowing that he is nothing but a Ford shill and personal scribe.

Everyone gets a positive spin (well, except for maybe Mike Tyson). If you think they have a pro-Ford bias it's because they do - but they will do the same thing for the next mayor, regardless of political ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back