News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do suffer from a couple of addictions, please don't use stereotypes.

Alright. Most people who understand addiction would understand quite clearly why somebody wouldn't run to the doctor, as has already been discussed.

At first I believed that, they were just incompetent. But after his spa-hab I noticed a distinct positive news towards him. For example the weekend he returned at the Canada day East York parade where he was booed they reported that he had a "hero welcome" with tight shots of him and his supporters and completely ignoring the negative reaction. When twitter went crazy with videos of the negative reaction and other news outlets reporting it, CP4Ford changed their report to "mixed reaction". I think somebody in the news department is a Ford fan,or maybe enjoy the idea of promoting Ford.

It goes a long way further back than that too, remember the Kathy and Ma Ford interview? All that crap taken without demur, not a single question asked concerning the veracity of their claims (especially from Kathy!), all just taken as if it were the gospel, and later shown to be a further tissue of lies, but nothing ever said about that either.

Everyone gets a positive spin (well, except for maybe Mike Tyson). If you think they have a pro-Ford bias it's because they do - but they will do the same thing for the next mayor, regardless of political ideology.

I wouldn't be surprised if they devoted more time to Ford's illness than the mayoral campaign if/when he drops out. Even when this is all done and there is a new mayor, they will devote coverage to the Ford's.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
One-on-one John Tory-Olivia Chow debate going forward tomorrow morning. Ontario Home Builders' Association. Royson James moderating.

Good, no pandering to Ford.

I wouldn't be surprised if they devoted more time to Ford's illness than the mayoral campaign if/when he drops out. Even when this is all done and there is a new mayor, they will devote coverage to the Ford's.

That's a pretty fair guess. Just saying that while UT is convinced that CP24 has a bromance going on with Rob, the frothing Fordites are equally convinced that CP24 has a hate-on for the Rexdale Messiah. Confirmation bias and all that.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
One-on-one John Tory-Olivia Chow debate going forward tomorrow morning. Ontario Home Builders' Association. Royson James moderating.

Good, no pandering to Ford.

I'm sure RoFo wouldn't have showed for that one anyway with James moderating. It would have been fun if he had though.

That's a pretty fair guess. Just saying that while UT is convinced that CP24 has a bromance going on with Rob, the frothing Fordites are equally convinced that CP24 has a hate-on for the Rexdale Messiah. Confirmation bias and all that.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me! Rob could have driven drunk and CP2Ford would have tried to make it look better.

I'm sure RoFo wouldn't have showed for that one anyway with James moderating. It would have been fun if he had though.

Quite the difference from that receptive Italian crowd.

With Rob on the canvass, it's not too late for Mel Lastman to make a comeback. < I kid, I kid. >

As bad of a Mayor as he was, I got the impression that he really loved the idea of being a big city mayor and wanted to represent everybody. Ford on the other hand also loves the idea of being a big city Mayor but is perfectly happy to skate by with p*ssing off 70% of the people if it means he can hold onto power of 30%.

Reading posts for earlier and Warming maybe accidentally saying that Ford was visiting a staff member in the hospital during his spa-hab. It wouldn't be the first time The Worm screwed up. Remember when Doug was trying to convince people that he never saw Rob drink as reports of drunken Rob was getting around. A few weeks later Wormington did his normal butt kissing article of how the Fords are regular folks as he reported them at the ACC watching a Leaf game, with an photo of Doug and a red-faced Rob hold see-thru beer cups with what looks like obviously beer in it. Which brought the hilarious lie/spin of Worming saying it was ginger-ale and he tasted it himself (because that's normal lol)

I have to add, CP4Ford kind of made me laugh last night. The host (I think Roamer) was saying how this came as a surprised, while showing stock footage of a redfaced Rob trying to dry sweat from his forehead with a cloth talking to people who all looked completely normal and not sweating at all. So a guy who is at least a hundred pounds overweight, who brags about drinking and was recently was found with hard drugs where most of your footage consist of his face as red as a tomato and having to dry the sweat from his face is somehow a "shock" that he has health problems.

Wonder if Rob Ford will have a private room, at a greater expense of course, than the standard four person ward.

As bad of a Mayor as he was, I got the impression that he really loved the idea of being a big city mayor and wanted to represent everybody. Ford on the other hand also loves the idea of being a big city Mayor but is perfectly happy to skate by with p*ssing off 70% of the people if it means he can hold onto power of 30%.

Mel himself probably said it best back in 2012 ( now seems so long ago ): "I’m not a genius, obviously, but he makes me look like one."

Regarding Doug, he was with Rob yesterday at Perkins. Was it ever determined where he was in the days before that? I guess maybe TCB in Chicago, but with those guys you never know.

I don't think it would be wrong to say that he drank and smoked his way into the hospital bed he's in now.

I have had this thought stuck in my my head today.

My heart bleeds for him, but at the end of the day it's his own fault.

Ann Hui @annhui
Mount Sinai Hospital doing a 7 pm update on Mayor Ford's condition

Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Spokesman not sure if member of Ford family will attend. #TOpoli

FYI

RoFo Tumor is having a press update at 7pm - right after the Tumor helps Worm-tongue spell check his "scoop".

There's an argument that Modern English constitutes a creole due to its extended contact with Latin and Norman French (a pidgin is a language created by people for whom it is not a native language; once the first generation of native speakers exists, it becomes a creole). English was once much closer to its West Germanic siblings.

Sorry to hear about the funerals; my condolences.

Thank you for your thoughts.

To many things in my head today... you are right, Modern English is a creole. I should know better; at least I'm not trying to talk about PIE influences in northern Europe, that would be real embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back