9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
My guess is that things remain status quo. I think the biopsy results will have more of an effect on what happens.
That makes sense. There's no indication that this anything other than a benign tumour. The doctor notes last night that it didn't appear to be the colon. There'd be little point pulling out now, to find one was okay in a week.

If nothing were to happen today, or even if Rob Ford was to simply pull out, then I guess this is just some bizarre medical timing. If based on the lack of diagnosis, Rob pulls out and Doug enters - or there's some bizarre candidate swap in Ward 2, then I'm going to be suspicious that there's some degree of staging to all this.

Did anyone else hear..."we don't know the exact location whether pancreas or colon"...or was it my imagination?

From today's Star:

"Cohen did not use the word “tumour,” as Humber River chief executive Dr. Rueben Devlin did on Wednesday; Cohen referred to a “mass” in Ford’s “mid-to-lower abdomen.” He said Ford had CT scans, a biopsy and an ultrasoundon Thursday and will have an MRI on Friday.
“It’s not part of the colon, necessarily,” Cohen said. “There are a lot of organs there. We are not absolutely sure at the moment.”
He said the mass is a “fair size.” Asked if he has seen benign masses of that size, he said yes."

From today's Star:

"Cohen did not use the word “tumour,†as Humber River chief executive Dr. Rueben Devlin did on Wednesday; Cohen referred to a “mass†in Ford’s “mid-to-lower abdomen.†He said Ford had CT scans, a biopsy and an ultrasoundon Thursday and will have an MRI on Friday.
“It’s not part of the colon, necessarily,†Cohen said. “There are a lot of organs there. We are not absolutely sure at the moment.â€
He said the mass is a “fair size.†Asked if he has seen benign masses of that size, he said yes."
I was surprised to hear the word tumour used earlier this week; normally, at least in my experience, the term mass is used until they know more.

"Cohen did not use the word “tumour,†as Humber River chief executive Dr. Rueben Devlin did on Wednesday; Cohen referred to a “mass†in Ford’s “mid-to-lower abdomen.â€

That is as suspicious as hell.

So at this point it's not even really known WHAT Ford has, but already people are talking like it's definitely cancer and he might die and poor him and yadda. I still do not rule out the possibility that we're being played.

I was surprised to hear the word tumour used earlier this week; normally, at least in my experience, the term mass is used until they know more.

Yeah, mass is usually the term used prior to a definitive diagnosis. The MSH doc handled it far, far more professionally. I am sure he has his theories, but he shouldn't be sharing it in the news in any case.

I don't think sympathy for the condition will translate into votes for the person - the only effect is toning down the attacks, and if it is cancer, attacks by his opponents and bad news in the media would be the least of his worries.

AoD

Last edited:
The article mentions they have a year to reinstate the charges on Juggo . That's some nice insurance in case for "some reason" he gets cold feet.

I wouldn't be surprised if due to Ford ignoring the pain and discomfort to win an election, the diagnosis is far worse than they ever thought could be possible. However, I am not a doctor and could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back