News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they're not. Because by using phraseology like that, and making offensive comments about his weight, you're offending a very large portion of the population. That's like saying it's okay to call someone a n***** if they're an awful person.

So, what you're saying is, calling someone a pinko is not offensive, but calling someone a fat ass is. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

It's still OK to call some one a Faggot, but the 'n' word can't even by typed out...double standard.

Several people have expressed this and I kinda don't get it: why would there be a backlash? Suggesting they already knew it was benign? How is anyone going to prove they did?

It will come out in back channels - remember - the hospitals still operate under Provincial jurisdiction. Could you imagine if they did ask Wynne for an extension and after it was granted the tumor was known to be benign from the get go - lots of heads would roll.

I'm pretty sure the outcome from this will be the speedy passing of ranked ballot legislation for municipal elections.

CBC News:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-doug-ford-may-run-for-mayor-report-1.2764485

I find it disturbing that they are scheming this badly regarding the upcoming election while facing a potential cancer diagnosis.

AoD
And again Doug with the drama and making sure that everyone is thinking "cancer". And yeah, when someone has a serious illness (which it likely is even if it isn't life-threatening), that's what takes precedence, not who gets to be Mayor this week.

Both brothers won't be on ballet: Doug Ford

Nice proofreading!

They fixed it but before it also said the family is awaiting "A diagnoses."

Breaking: Professional writer not totally up to speed on the whole "plural" thing!

When the Sun rushes these Warmington articles online you can see how poor his writing is and how bad their proofing is. Which is to say, bad.

Also, maybe it's cruel but I hope Rob is totally fine so he can get trounced and and arrested. if he pulls out and actually has cancer or something it's hard to imagine the police being as eager to pounce on him.

Several people have expressed this and I kinda don't get it: why would there be a backlash? Suggesting they already knew it was benign? How is anyone going to prove they did?

Me either. Just about everybody already knows how they feel about the Fords. I also don't think this is a stunt. At least not until there's a diagnosis. We'll start to see the spinning in earnest after that.

Last edited:
CBC News:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-doug-ford-may-run-for-mayor-report-1.2764485

I find it disturbing that they are scheming this badly regarding the upcoming election while facing a potential cancer diagnosis. If you are in the "fight of your life", running for mayor or council pales in the comparison doesn't it?

AoD

Well then potentially DoFo gets defeated and RoFo gets arrested and has to take leave from Council - who appoints a replacement in his absence.

Would be smarter to leave things as is...

It will come out in back channels - remember - the hospitals still operate under Provincial jurisdiction. Could you imagine if they did ask Wynne for an extension and after it was granted the tumor was known to be benign from the get go - lots of heads would roll.

Actually no extension should *ever* be granted due to the health of a candidate - if one does it, why do it for him and not for others? If not, the determination basically prejudges the worth of the candidate for consideration, and that's another bag of tricks.

AoD

There's one questions I wish had been asked (and don't know why it wasn't) at last night's press conference, when the doctor seemed quite willing to answer a range of medical questions.

What pain medication are they administering to Rob Ford?

Probably not a good idea to have someone fresh out of rehab on opioids...

Timing is important when the voters have such a short memory.
2-3 weeks before the election is best.

You're right, then it will be more like a Bob Loblaw law bomb.

Would be smarter to leave things as is...

The optics is really bad - you can't say health first and then turn around and scheme how to stay in the race without even knowing your diagnosis. Then again, we've seen it before with the rehab thing.

As to voters having short memory - the flipside of his celeb sideshow is that people would remember him, and those who remember him badly will keep on doing so. He is anything but a forgettable character at this point.

AoD

It will come out in back channels

Yeah, but... the Fords are figure skaters on plausible deniability. If some anonymous source leaks the story to a Doolittle or Donovan, it may as well be a rumour. The usual corners will be rightly outraged, but it won't change any Joe Average votes.

Sorry, DD. I think Videodrome is on to something. I don't know what stream-of-consciousness monologue you are talking about but Doug's political aspirations have been well documented.

I think his aspirations were based on the belief that: When he's Premier, he will talk and everyone will do as he tells them.
Just like Deco!

The reality is that your ideas have to be really good and supported by facts and everyone will argue against them anyway.

I think Doug will bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back