News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's likely terminal cancer--very serious. Source could be wrong of course.
That's terrible news.

Making him run in Ward 2 makes even less sense.

Is there any indication that there could be cancer-causing side-effects from any of various drugs he's admitted to using?

Hmmm... a lung biopsy on an asthmatic with chromic bronchitis... either they have found shadows on his lung(s) or he presents symptoms of severe communicable lung infection; however, vomiting is common for someone with an intestinal blockage so that's not a biggy getting I.V.s.

If it's just a blockage wouldn't they normally use an NG tube or similar mechanism to drain stomach fluids and prevent the vomiting? If he's still vomiting after multiple days in hospital I'd have to think it's due to something more than the obstruction.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/09/15/andray_domise_ward_2s_antiford.html Article in the Star about Andray Domise. His criticisms of Ford are exactly what an ignorant "I like Ford because he keeps taxes low. P.S. I don't read any " person needs to hear. '

I know that Ward 2 is crazy about the Fords...enough to have potentially elected a 20 year-old kid who never gave an interview...but I'm impressed with Domise and I think he may have a chance. Or am I crazy?

He's a very impressive candidate running in a ward that isn't used to his caliber of councillor. I hope he makes a strong push and at the very least, gives the Fords a scare about their so-called dynasty. It will be tough though, as he'll be trying to persuade voters who would blindly elect a 20 year old who from the looks of it wasn't in love with school to become their representative on educational matters. It's insane.

A hospital won't divulge any information unless asked by the patient. The only way I can see anyone medical saying something is if Ford says "Doc X told me I had cancer", and said Doc X can say "no I didn't" if asked about it.

I wouldn't rule out a leak from a disgruntled nurse who's had to put up with the angry man-child, especially if there's a huge disparity between the truth of his condition and what the Fords are saying publicly.

In fact I'm surprised we haven't seen anything like that yet...you know, along the lines of "I heard from so and so who works at the hospital/is in the next room/is down the hall that Rob Ford xyz." It's the hunt for that kind of information that led me to UT in the first place!

A hospital won't divulge any information unless asked by the patient. The only way I can see anyone medical saying something is if Ford says "Doc X told me I had cancer", and said Doc X can say "no I didn't" if asked about it.

An update is due tomorrow apparently

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-health-update-expected-tomorrow-1.2767908?cmp=rss
I thought this comment was odd, sounds like the Fords already know the results, and the public will be updated tomorrow.

"His brother, Doug Ford, says that doctors are expected to update the public on Ford's condition on Wednesday."

If Ford is indeed sick with cancer, I wonder if that will factor into Nordheimer's decision whether or not to release the documents to the public on Friday.

No. Nordheimer's job is to rule on matters of law. If he determines the law says the documents can be released, he will release them. It will up to the media and public to determine how to handle them.

Rob Ford craves attention and validation, has zero respect for his health and he outright hates his family. There's no universe where he drops out.

Exactly, that's why it's likely that he won't drop out. But I mean, what kind of insane denial would he have to be in, facing cancer mets and staying in the race? It's just unbelievable.

If it is true that he is returning constituent calls, how sad is that? It's likely the only thing besides drugs and alcohol that he can use to handle his life (read: escape) at such a time.

If Ford has metastasized, terminal cancer, all I can think of is WTF is his family thinking? All of them. Except maybe Kathy who has been strangely unaccounted for.

I guess these aren't worth as much as they once were. Robbie's getting "remaindered" already...

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.9 KB · Views: 826
I was thinking the same. My father had a biopsy two weeks ago, and had the results the next day. I don't think they ever take this long. If he doesn't have cancer, it will very interesting to hear why he has to take up a hospital bed for this length of time.

Dr. Marla Shapiro was on 1010's Jerry Agar show on Friday morning and (IMO, because I'm not a doctor) she gives a very clear and detailed explanation as to why it might take a week (or longer) to get biopsy results. Jerry's preamble is about 1 minute (right at the beginning of the podcast), then he's joined by Dr. Shapiro who describes the biopsy procedure for about 2.5 minutes. Her entire segment lasts to about the 7.5 minute mark as she describes what it's like to wait for those biopsy results - her own breast cancer biopsy result took 12 days - and she also talks about sharing the diagnosis with family and friends:

https://soundcloud.com/jerry-agar-show/jerry-agar-podcast-september-12-2014

I also heard it was very serious. Could not get details though.

In regards to his medical prognosis, I wonder if the MINO is a, "Give it to me straight Doc, even if it's curtains" type of guy?

I'm not that type of guy. Sh!t like that is my wife's department.

All I know about Mayor and Mrs Ford's marriage is what I read in the papers.

As far as staying on the City payroll in sickness and in health, Rob will never give it up. He is a 30-year man. Said so himself. A lifer like the rest us.

Whatever his medical diagnosis, prognosis and condition is, I expect only an absolute minimum will be made public. Unfortunately, most of that info is likely to be filtered via Warmington.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back