8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Brother: Season 2

In Doug Ford’s world, his brother owes everything he has to him; for Rob it’s the other way around
By Jonathan Goldsbie

"Doug Ford’s tragedy is that he doesn’t like people but very much wants to be liked. He craves approval and wants to be your friend, regardless of how little he thinks of you.

Rob Ford’s tragedy is that he does like people but doesn’t care whether he himself is liked. He craves acknowledgement and wants to pose for a photo, regardless of how little you think of him."

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199670

I was surprised by the suggestion that Rob doesn't care whether he is liked. I think I have always imagined that he doesn't care whether I and my ilk like him, because sticking his thumb in my eye makes Ford Nation love him more. But wouldn't he be sad if he didn't have the devotion of his devotees?

Considering him a Ford loyalist the Fords didn’t think Tory would ever run against them.

Hey, Joe! Mr. Professional Writer! That little curvy thing beside the period on your keyboard is called a comma. Try using it!

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.33.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.33.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.33.33 PM.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 759
Big Brother: Season 2

In Doug Ford’s world, his brother owes everything he has to him; for Rob it’s the other way around
By Jonathan Goldsbie

"Doug Ford’s tragedy is that he doesn’t like people but very much wants to be liked. He craves approval and wants to be your friend, regardless of how little he thinks of you.

Rob Ford’s tragedy is that he does like people but doesn’t care whether he himself is liked. He craves acknowledgement and wants to pose for a photo, regardless of how little you think of him."

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199670

From the end of the article:
On Tuesday, September 16, Doug Ford briefly spoke to the Globe and Mail about his mayoral campaign. “I just want to get over this little hurdle, and we’re going full steam ahead right now.â€
The “little hurdle†is his brother’s health.

That needs to make the rounds.

I don't like Wormington any more than anyone else here, disclosing what what was mentioned two pages back, true or not, is confidential and no one's business but his. That's a real low blow and I think should be edited to remove said information. Just my two cents, flame me if you wish.

I've been polled twice tonight by two different polling outfits, both very different questions.

Rob isn't going to die before the election. If it has metastasized, he's likely in for a long road of treatments, but he's not going out that quickly as there appears to be no connection to vital organs that we are aware of.

I respect your opinion but we discuss everyone else's drinking and addictions etc here. Why not Warmingtons? I can delete if y'all want.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/s...dy-among-winners-of-ig-nobel-prizes-1.2770410

"Seeing Jesus in Toast" Study Amoung Winners of Ig Nobel Prizes

Professor Kang Lee at the University of Toronto in Canada was part of a team that won for studying the reactions of people who see human faces in slices of toast. Although the title of the study was called Seeing Jesus in Toast, no actual images of Jesus were shown. But the study found that in people who merely think they see a face in a slice of toast — or in any other unusual object — the part of the brain involved in facial recognition lights up.

Although his research has legitimate scientific value, he said he's thrilled to win an Ig Nobel.

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 12.10.05 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 12.10.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 12.10.05 AM.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
And I don't know if Diane has had any substance abuse issues, has she? I mean, sure, every single kid she birthed and raised is a messed-up drug addict and/or dealer known to police but she's clean, as far as I know.
Oh, I assume that for a long time, given her two youngest both show classic symptoms of foetal alcohol syndrome.

I think nfitz meant not sure about Warmington and substance abuse, not not sure about his place in the Hall of Infamy.
Yeah, I was talking about substance abuse. Perhaps that's why Warmington doesn't get along with his colleagues - he's the only sober one. :) I've heard nothing one way or another ... what is it about journalists and drinking though?

Only the most imbecile and entitled CONs would vote Chow over Tory.
Doug knows he maxes out at around 30%, and the only way to win, is a 1/3-1/3-1/3 split. He needs to push some of the Tory's more left support back to Chow, to give himself a chance.

It's excellent strategy, and probably the only realistic chance of seeing Doug Ford elected as mayor of Toronto.

And it's a very old strategy. We've seen it federally before.

Usually I turn off the National on Thursday before Rex takes the stage but tonight I f***ed up.

Rex: He is exuberant beyond all conventional measure ...

Rex: [Visibly trembles and smirks as he contemplates the extravagance of the BS he is emitting.]

Hey, Toronto news media ppl: What is the deal with Rex? What kind of contract does he have with CBC that seemingly will let him pollute the airwaves and the interwebz until the end of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back