News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has spoken, when Dougie gives permission, which is not very often, and no, I wouldn't call him articulate, I would call him the thugish of the brothers.

Doug Ford’s Duck Dynasty

Dougie is not even a good fake Man of the People. So let’s get Chow and Tory to stop fighting this over-sized Boogie Man.
By Michael Hollett

... The sullen one standing in the back wearing the cowboy hat was biggest brother Randy who Doug once told me was the craziest of the fightin’ Fords. He was regaling me with a tale of Big Bro head-butting a fan in the washroom at a pick-up game of hockey. Doug didn't know who I was. (Here’s a tip, Doug, next time Google my name before, not after, we take a trade mission to Austin, Texas together.) ...

Doug's 2010 margin of victory (71% of votes) was in the same range as a popular returning councillor - on little to no campaigning. It was clearly strong in 2010, and there isn't much concrete or anecdotal evidence to support a collapse.

Well, that's a sobering thought isn't it. Stella going back to Stanley was always the more depressing ending, but might be closer to reality than most people would like to admit.

pud99 said:
I find it hard to think that Doug believes he needs to help (nevermind can help) Robbie in Ward 2. I think it more likely that he is starting off in Ward 2 because the odds are high that the local love of Robbie will mean that when the media follow Doug around they will see a lot of residents giving him a positive reaction.*

While I can definitely see that. I'm hoping against all hopes, someone would say something like, "shame on you Doug, you're exploiting Rob who is in the hospital just so you can be mayor?! Get off my lawn and don't put any damn stickers on my car!" Then again I'm sure Thug will just turn around to the camera and say it's very sad that some people are racists against cancer.

I find it hard to think that Doug believes he needs to help (nevermind can help) Robbie in Ward 2. I think it more likely that he is starting off in Ward 2 because the odds are high that the local love of Robbie will mean that when the media follow Doug around they will see a lot of residents giving him a positive reaction.*

*Live on CP20Ford: Doug Ford arrives on a donkey.** Locals spread palm leaves. Hosannas are heard.

**I know, I know, an ass on a donkey.

I laughed out loud and spit thru my nose when I read this. In public. Got lots of strange looks. But it was worth every uncontrollable snicker. ;)

Sometimes you gotta laugh or you'll cry, y'know?

They actually do teamwork quite well. You don't get one without the other - ever - cuz that's how Fordz operate. One hand will continue to wash the other.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat · 7s
Amin Massoudi confirms he has taken a leave of absence from Mayor Rob Ford's office to work on Doug Ford's mayoral campaign #TOpoli

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Amin Massoudi confirms he has taken a leave of absence from Mayor Rob Ford's office to work on Doug Ford's mayoral campaign #TOpoli

Back to where he began.

Guaranteed it's because of the city manager letter that went out this week. He's already been working on Rob's campaign from Rob's office and they've still been doing it for Doug (at least that's the impression I got from Doug Ford must go). He's only taking a leave of absence now because they got found out. He's been working on the campaigns the whole time.

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 5.24.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 5.24.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 5.24.33 PM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 694
Guaranteed it's because of the city manager letter that went out this week. He's already been working on Rob's campaign from Rob's office and they've still been doing it for Doug (at least that's the impression I got from Doug Ford must go). He's only taking a leave of absence now because they got found out. He's been working on the campaigns the whole time.

Massoudi is a City employee, so sufficient violation of the election rules by him could be grounds for dismissal. Robbie and Doug are not, so the rules are toothless for them. Ditto Silverstain.*

*I know, I know. It's Silverstein.

Last edited:
Daniel Dale @ddale8
One person cheered when it was announced Doug Ford declined to come. Then people laughed, then people booed.

Winning over the LGBT crowd for sure!

Domise says...Rob Ford has two messages when it comes to black people. To us, he says “You’re nothing without me.†To the rest of the city, he says “Look how well I keep these animals in lineâ€. He has taken every effort to keep us dependent on him to his own benefit, and when he’s criticized for it, he wraps himself in our culture and tries to claim solidarity in victimhood. It is the political equivalent of black face. Whenever he has the opportunity to help marginalized communities in Toronto, he steps on us to give himself a platform by voting against any measures that would allow us to help ourselves enough to break the cycle of dependency.

Can I give a standing ovation for this. This is a good a description of the messed up Ford politics I have seen. I've always compare Ford politics to his supports of that of an abusive husband towards his wife. The abusive husband wants his wife to go through him before every purchase, be it personal or for the house. Even though she holds a job. He wants her to go through him. So she feels dependent to him, even though it's her money, she needs his okay and he feels power over her to see if she worthy of the purchase (of course again with her own money). This is how Ford deals with his supporters, he wants them to "phone him" to get things done, he doesn't want them to feel independent and go through 311 and fix the problem through those channels. He wants them to feel the need to be dependent, even though it's their tax money & really shouldn't have to ask him to pull strings.

The feeling that you need to call the mayor because you see a pothole or a tree branch on the ground show how kind of messed up they are. One of the more pathetic story is the one Ford said that a neighbor ran up to him whining about a raccoon in the area. It's funny a right-wing group who brags about being tough and independent all sound like helpless children who have clue how to solve the most simplest of urban issue without running to "the big man"

Some wonder why did they put Mike to run in Ward 2 when he's obviously not ready. I think it goes back to the abusive husband mindset. The biggest threat to the abusive husband is when the wife can look forward to a life without him and see clearly that it's actually better without him and she is not dependent on him as much as she thinks. It's why they are possessive, want to know where the wife whereabouts, and discourage her to go on vacation or out with her friends. This is how Fords view Ward 2. The second the residents feel comfortable with life post-Ford, and look at it as a non-Ford conservative vs liberal and listen and view them as new councilors, all of the sudden it might actually open their eyes to how much the Ford dynasty wasn't that great but actually hurt their community. As long as a Ford is running, there will be people always vote for them by default with eyes shut.

Winning over the LGBT crowd for sure!

The Fords seem to think there is fewer homos than phobes, the vast majority of Rob's base seem to fall into that second category either way. So Doug (with many gay friends) goes silent and can't make it... anyone surprised by this in here needs to start reading from the beginning.

To be fair, I think Doug probably is mostly neutral on gay rights..
(as long as the stay in the house.)

Last edited:
Non Ford related. Wife's away all weekend. Any ideas for what to do with s two year old? I thought about checking out corktown common for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back