News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly surprised that we haven't heard him say "I drank and took drugs to mask the pain of my abdominal tumour. It's been bad for three months but I've had pain for much longer. That's why I did that, and I'm sorry I let everyone down". It's a perfect type of simplistic guilt-tripping sentence: "Oh, sorry, I disappointed you - guess I was too busy dealing with CANCER" that subconsciously gets to people.
i am bookmarking this, as i expect we'll hear exactly this excuse after he's finished his treatment

Originally Posted by GavinTheAlmighty View Post
I'm honestly surprised that we haven't heard him say "I drank and took drugs to mask the pain of my abdominal tumour. It's been bad for three months but I've had pain for much longer. That's why I did that, and I'm sorry I let everyone down". It's a perfect type of simplistic guilt-tripping sentence: "Oh, sorry, I disappointed you - guess I was too busy dealing with CANCER" that subconsciously gets to people.
i am bookmarking this, as i expect we'll hear exactly this excuse after he's finished his treatment

Considering the creativity of the Fords, look for this statement to be made word for word.

Do the Fords really have that much of a stronghold on Etobicoke anymore, after all that has transpired?

That's what I'm curious about too. I can imagine some factors or combinations of factors, like loyalty in the sense of 'the devil we know', name recognition, outright zealotry though I hope that is an exaggerated number. And hell, possibly even some fear of the Fords? I totally get that Rob's retail politicking skills was actually quite good when he's not on a bender. But like you said, after all that has happened, I feel like I'm watching a bizarro experimental live theater rendition of "Streetcar named Desire". Will it follow the Brando movie ending version where Stella leaves Stanley for good. Or will it end closer to pessimistic reality of the text version, with Stella returning to Stanley.

I find it hard to think that Doug believes he needs to help (nevermind can help) Robbie in Ward 2. I think it more likely that he is starting off in Ward 2 because the odds are high that the local love of Robbie will mean that when the media follow Doug around they will see a lot of residents giving him a positive reaction.*

*Live on CP20Ford: Doug Ford arrives on a donkey.** Locals spread palm leaves. Hosannas are heard.

**I know, I know, an ass on a donkey.

Thank you Pud...I was just going to post that. All Doug needs to do is allow his voice to shake a little at a house in ward 2. After that grown women and men will cry and hug him. All it takes is 1 house. A clip like that will loop on all the media for the entire day.

Are ward 2 residents really that loyal to the Ford brand? Thug did very little for them it seems, at least Rob did the door to door camping to build up his mythology. Thug basically rode in on Rob's coat tail in 2010 IIRC. I have very little benefit of the doubt left for the Fords, but I'll at least extend some courtesy to the people of Ward 2 for now.

If he feels the need to camp in W2 it could also mean his numbers suck in W2, either because of the shit job Dougie did as cllr or the cllr v. mayor for votes.

Thank you Pud...I was just going to post that. All Doug needs to do is allow his voice to shake a little at a house in ward 2. After that grown women and men will cry and hug him. All it takes is 1 house. A clip like that will loop on all the media for the entire day.

This. (As they say.)

Randy is the only one of the four siblings I have never heard speak. Is he...articulate?

He has spoken, when Dougie gives permission, which is not very often, and no, I wouldn't call him articulate, I would call him the thugish of the brothers.

Still auto parts....

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 4.41.25 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 4.41.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 4.41.25 PM.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 731
I find it hard to think that Doug believes he needs to help (nevermind can help) Robbie in Ward 2. I think it more likely that he is starting off in Ward 2 because the odds are high that the local love of Robbie will mean that when the media follow Doug around they will see a lot of residents giving him a positive reaction.*

*Live on CP20Ford: Doug Ford arrives on a donkey.** Locals spread palm leaves. Hosannas are heard.

**I know, I know, an ass on a donkey.

Hmmm... I lean towards a boil on the donkeys ass, Robbie is the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back