News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoever manipulated the photo took too much of the red out of his eyes (making them look unnaturally white—the whites of eyes always have a slight blue colour to them as well), darkened his jacket to the point of removing all definition and shape, darkened all depth out of his eyes, and tried to take too much of the yellow-green out of his skin but swung the colour balance too far into the red-magenta zone, telling me they don't have a properly colour-calibrated monitor.

Which probably means this was done by the crack [sic] graphic design team at Deco.

Last edited:
Whoever manipulated the photo took too much of the red out of his eyes (making them look unnaturally white—the whites of eyes always have a slight blue colour to them as well), darkened his jacket to the point of removing all definition and shape, darkened all depth out of his eyes, and tried to take too much of the yellow-green out of his skin but swung the colour balance too far into the red-magenta zone, telling me they don't have a properly colour-calibrated monitor.

Which probably means this was done by the crack [sic] graphic design team at Deco.

It looks like a regular photo of DoFo that was hand tinted by Terry Gilliam circa 1972. I half expect the Monty Python foot to come down on him.

As someone said on Twitter the other day, 'Randy Ford is basically a shitty version of Neil Young, right?'.

Randy is all the bad Rock clichés of the late 1980s manifest as a (late) middle aged man.

Last edited:
WTF? Why is Tory trying to out-Ford the Fords??

Daniel DaleVerified account
‏@ddale8 Here's what John Tory said about the Globe and Mail:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/513107120452280320

Tory gone rogue.jpg

Attachments

• Tory gone rogue.jpg
    Tory gone rogue.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 709
I am reading tweets from Jonathan Goldsbie and Ivor Tossel, which lead me to believe that John Tory is in the middle of a collapse. Mayor Chow perhaps?

Goldsbie asked Tory's campaign manager Bob Richardson why Tory was not answering reporters' questions, contrary to an earlier pledge that he would. Edelman's response was something like there are too many debates and questions to be able to do that and that Goldsbie should 'get a life'. Wow, this guy could be (and probably is) giving Tory lessons on how to be even more of a pompous ass.

Last edited:
It looks like a regular photo of DoFo that was hand tinted by Terry Gilliam circa 1972. I half expect the Monty Python foot to come down on him.

I'm sure I could find some Salmon Mousse for Ford…

Regardless, that image looks exactly like the kind of work I'd expect for the amount of money a Ford is willing to pay.

maybe there's another candidate in Ward 2 -- someone who really has little to no chance & even less known than Andray -- who could make this message part of their door-to-door visits. It might seem a bit in bad taste if Domise does it, but someone could sacrifice themselves for the cause.

Tell them:

1. Ford needs to rest, recuperate, deal with his addictions (for real this time) and meaningfully reconnect with his wife and kids. You're not doing him any favours re-electing him. He's too stubborn to see it, but being a councillor is NOT what is best for him. If you love him, let him go (ugh), there's always 2018... etc.

2. If he dies or resigns from being too ill to work, you will have to go out again and vote in a by-election (which your lazy asses hate, plus it costs taxpayer dollars!!!)

Of course this person would be promoting themselves and not Domise, but the simple fact of votes going away from Rob would help. Or just putting the idea in their ear to vote for someone other than Ford might get them looking at other candidates.

Keep in mind that there could also be an "everybody dropping out on behalf of rallying around a single candidate" dynamic--it elected Mary-Margaret McMahon, and nearly Liz West, in 2010...

Doug's 2010 margin of victory (71% of votes) was in the same range as a popular returning councillor - on little to no campaigning. It was clearly strong in 2010, and there isn't much concrete or anecdotal evidence to support a collapse.

But he didn't have an opponent working as aggressively as Andray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back