News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a fundraising letter from Doug Ford. I have definitely never contacted him or his council office so he's using Rob's semi-legal list (which i also never signed up for...)

Saw this on Twitter, so I can't take credit but if anyone wants to see the letter, it's no problem. It's right here - on ROB FORD's website. Everyone get out a glass of something bubbly and celebrate: it's Doug's first camping violation!
http://robfordformayor.bmetrack.com...58BA71&email=3s7IoliLbbergkuhC6eoAJemkgBQcCdv

As for the Tory thing...I don't know what the heck he's doing. So far I suspect it only seems big because I follow a lot of reporters and they're the ones bitching about it; rightfully. Apparently his people also had Goldsbie disinvited from one of those dinner parties Corey Mintz does for the Star each week.
I don't know if it will spill over into the mainstream but it's not winning Respect Points from me for Tory. Whether or not he likes Gee or someone else is besides the point. He shouldn't be getting cocky and start taking on Rob's worst traits. It's especially dumb since the Globe is a paper likely to endorse him.

Just received a fundraising letter from Doug Ford. I have definitely never contacted him or his council office so he's using Rob's semi-legal list (which i also never signed up for...)

Doug Ford Campaign - Doug needs your financial support!

Dear Friend,

Why do I want to be Mayor of Toronto? Simply put, I want to carry forward the agenda that Rob and I started together. I want to see the City of Toronto do more with less. So we can lower the tax burden on average hard working families, while funding our top priorities like transit, roads and important City services.
From day one Rob and I knew that Toronto had a spending problem, not a revenue problem. While others talked, we fought and did something about it.

Now, I humbly ask for your help to finish what Rob and I started together - putting the public’s interest before special interests.

If you want your taxes to stay low, and you agree that we need to be building new subways, we need your vote, and your financial support!

If you would like to DONATE to the Doug Ford Campaign, please ensure that you provide your mailing address (printed on your personal cheque), to ensure that you receive your rebate payment from the city of Toronto.

We have also provided (attached link) a sample of rebate calculations, and amounts detailing how much is rebated by the city of Toronto for various donation amounts.

Please send a cheque to our Campaign Headquarters at the address below, or you can click here to DONATE online.

If you have any questions, please call us at: 416.751.FORD (3673) and press "1" when prompted.

Please mail donations to:

Doug Ford Campaign
Attention: Fundraising Team
10 Belfield Road, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1G1

Thank you again for your continued support.

Yours Truly,

Doug Ford
Councillor – Ward 2 (Etobicoke North)
Your Candidate for Mayor

Thanks, Mope. You're totally doing yeoman's duty with this inbox pollution.

"Now, I humbly ask for your help to finish what Rob and I started together - putting the public’s interest before special interests.

If you want your taxes to stay low, and you agree that we need to be building new subways, we need your vote, and your financial support!"

Rob=Dpug. Check! Stay low, damn taxes. Check! Subways! Check! Added bonus: DONATE capitalized in an otherwise merely coherent sentence. CHECK!

Things are going swimmingly!

Goldsbie asked Tory's campaign manager Bob Edelman why Tory was not answering reporters' questions, contrary to an earlier pledge that he would. Edelman's response was something like there are too many debates and questions to be able to do that and that Goldsbie should 'get a life'. Wow, this guy could be (and probably is) giving Tory lessons on how to be even more of a pompous ass.

Go Chow in that case.

Someone on Twitter said that Marc Trestman, former Alouettes coach and now with the Chicago Bears, looked creepy. I sent them that picture of Doug Ford.

As for the Tory thing...I don't know what the heck he's doing. So far I suspect it only seems big because I follow a lot of reporters and they're the ones bitching about it; rightfully. Apparently his people also had Goldsbie disinvited from one of those dinner parties Corey Mintz does for the Star each week.

I don't know if it will spill over into the mainstream but it's not winning Respect Points from me for Tory. Whether or not he likes Gee or someone else is besides the point. He shouldn't be getting cocky and start taking on Rob's worst traits. It's especially dumb since the Globe is a paper likely to endorse him.

The Globe is especially likely to endorse Tory, so it's all just so bizarre.

Tory states he's having issues with the Globe but doesn't "want to show disrespect for them by talking about those discussions publicly." But he's got zero issue with publicly freezing out a Globe reporter by refusing to answer his questions??

NOW probably won't hesitate to write up the Goldsbie incident; for the Globe it's obviously trickier...but hard to imagine they can just let the snubbing of their reporters slide.

charlie_brown_kite_eating_tree_100.jpg

Am I correct in assuming the columnist is Marcus Gee? He's taken two or three hard swipes at Smart Track and its reliance on TIF. I suppose Tory doesn't find those swipes fair? (Btw: they ARE fair, Gee's not the only one criticizing TIF, and critical analysis is the job of a columnist, separate from the work of reporters).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...first-rule-of-subway-funding/article20635743/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/article20177429.ece
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-plans-stand-on-shaky-ground/article20505558/

If so, I have to say I am seriously not impressed with how Tory is handling it. Instead of freezing out an entire newspaper like a petulant Rob Ford man-child he should be redoubling his efforts to persuade Marcus Gee why Smart Track won't just be a giant money pit of failed TIF loans. Persuading us all, really.

Does he think that now that he's far out in front he doesn't have to fix the holes in his plan? Throw in his
last minute cancellation of multiple debates, his cold shoulder to Goldsbie, his small-minded pandering on
Pride funding today, and I'm wondering why Tory is so determined to piss on my ballot.

And its The Globe. Wouldn't that be his exact demographic? I Always think Sun equals Ford, Star equals Chow Globe equals Tory. Am I out to lunch?

WTF? Why is Tory trying to out-Ford the Fords??

Daniel DaleVerified account
‏@ddale8 Here's what John Tory said about the Globe and Mail:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/513107120452280320

View attachment 34061

Making yourself available for questions and answering those questions are two different things. Johnny, like all good conservative politicians, directly avoid answers and just spit out talking points, even it they contain untruths. There is a good chance this is the problem with the Globe, they just didn't buy the party line.

Looks like a dry spell for selfies of Rob, so this will have to do. At least Doug has nice teeth, but the grin and those eyes!

From a colourized 20's movie on TCM, Sundays.

Last edited:
As a design geek; the DX is one of my go-to places. A stroll around Baldwin Village is always cool and can be parlayed to Queen West or Kensington quite easily.

One thing I always used to recommend was a walking tour of the animal statues around the core. I used to call it the "other toronto zoo". In the financial district, there are the cows ("Pasture"), elephants ("Tembo, Mother of Elephants"), the whale, ("Megaptera"), the Dog-rabbity things ("Remembered Sustenance"), and the geese at the Eaton Center ("Flightstop"). Depending on the stamina of the person, there were the ants on the Cameron House (are they still there?) and the giant Iguana on Menagerie's Pet Shop in Cabbagetown. It's a great way to see the city. I suppose were I to do it now, I might also add the new bird/cat/elephant/dragon/treeroot thing ("Rising") in front of Momofuku.

I left the city in 99. I lived on Robert near College so I was a Kensington Kid. Baldwin haunter too The themed tour (with various distances -nice touch) Is brilliant. I think Sweet lou packed a weekend into a day.the tightness of your tour seems doable and fun. I must admit I don't know too many of the animals mentioned. 15 years will change a city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back