News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably nothing wrong with selling email lists. Or selling logos. Or re-selling phone numbers. Or selling web designs and websites. Or subleasing campaign offices. Or using City Hall offices. Or using City Hall staff. Probably nothing wrong at all.

I belly laughed . I see it said really fast by an obviously devolving twitcher

1) The 'Moe' v, 'Doug' thing oughta get some traction. Pretty meme-able.

2) Tory's 'Upper Class Twit' obliviousness leaves an opening for Doug''s "Elitez is the badz" sucker-punch counter.

3) Olivia slhimmies through the middle with a Jagger at Altamont-esque "Brothers and sisters, why are we fighting?"

Just spit-tballin'

What was the fallout? Did the editorial board lose anyone? Will Thompson be able to be as autocratic again or has there been any sort of fix?

The fallout was egg on their face and a big fat leak to the Canadaland blog, which got lots of circulation at the time. Nothing further that I know of, though I expect some really bad blood remains internally. As for the Thomsons, they're the owners. They will always be able to do this, they probably always will do this. In short: Globe will endorse Tory no matter what.

http://canadalandshow.com/article/source-globe-editorial-board-endorsed-wynne-liberals-was-overruled

I guess I'm a rube, I always liked Mclean. I thought it was pithy and homey not really supposed to be funny. Never heard Keillor, but way to pile on vinyl cafe. Smells like self loathing Canadians to me.
I had never heard of Rex Murphy til last night either. That piece was awful. I couldn't make out the second slur against anyone who didn't worship at the fordian feet but thats where I cut it off.

You're not a rube, hostage. You just don't have the same reference point as some folks here. If you enjoy McLean, please continue to do so. No harm. No foul. Me? I'll spend my time elsewhere.

You're not a rube, hostage. You just don't have the same reference point as some folks here. If you enjoy McLean, please continue to do so. No harm. No foul. Me? I'll spend my time elsewhere.

Thanks Cooper. Fact is I grew up on the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie. Hokey feel good stories with a morality tale worked in. I finally watched the Blindside the other day. Thats what McLean seems like to me. I have probably caught one episode a year for fifteen years by happenstance. I grew up to dig Sid Vicious and Lou Reed but yeah im still a rube. Grin

Folks, there's an update at Doug's new photo page for ya:

http://instagram.com/dougford2014

dougupdated.png

To the people who wrote "enough with the screencaps already, it's the internet, just post links to the content", a few weeks ago -- bah!

Attachments

• dougupdated.png
    dougupdated.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 835
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back