News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I find it VERY telling that there have been no pics of Rob since he went into the hospital. No thumbs up in a hospital bed, no glorious return home... This is a family that, if he was in ANY shape to be photographed, would have his picture plastered all over the sun (see: Rob in pool at football camp, I mean "rehab"). Something's up, and I think it's that he must be in really bad shape.

Yeah, where is the Wormington exclusive showing how great he is doing?

Regarding the Domise visit, Rob is still a Ward 2 candidate and will likely win despite his condition. There is a Rogers TV debate which he won't show up for too.

No don't know anuthing
know nothing.jpg

Attachments

• know nothing.jpg
    know nothing.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 743
Say this isn't so. From this link:

Maple Leaf Square, a gathering place for sports fans, to be renamed Ford Square

Maple Leaf Square, the open area between the Air Canada Centre and the condominiums surrounding it, has become an impromptu gathering place for fans of the Maple Leafs and Raptors in Toronto, particularly over the past few playoff runs for the respective professional teams.

The space will now be renamed Ford Square, according to Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE), the firm that owns the teams and the property. The new name reflects a sponsorship deal between MLSE and the automaker.

The name has sparked an array of reactions.

• There is confusion with the Ford family — Doug Ford, Sr., the father of mayor Rob Ford and councillor and mayoral candidate brother Doug, Jr., has a park named after him in Toronto.
  • There is anger because the square shared its name with the hockey franchise, and now has a name unrelated to the team.
  • And there are questions as to why a company with already comfortable profit margins needs to make money off what has become a fan-created gathering place.

Wouldn't it be confused with the Douglas B. Ford Park? Named after the Ford brothers' father.

088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg

Attachments

• 088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg
    088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 1,038
This!

and this!

Fuck them and their request for privacy. We the citizens have been requesting civility and basic common decency for 4 years and getting Rob's middle finger in our face as a reply. He's running for office so he's fair game, as they say.

All hospitals have underground entrances and back doors. But the foFam, the aasholes that they are, needed to make a big deal of entering the hospital looking somber faced. Robyn Doolittle talks about this in her book re fords kids, he uses them when he needed them as shields and attention grabbers while simultaneously asking for privacy.

Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America. ( Mexico City, NYC, LA, Toronto ).

I'm surprised our mayor does not have an official residence with servants and police protection.

NYC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracie_Mansion

LA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_House

No doubt the Ward 2 candidate and the media he apparently invited along meant well, but I'm not surprised if Mrs. Ford was a little bit creeped out by it.

"Should Rob Ford have police protection?"
http://globalnews.ca/news/1438869/should-rob-ford-have-police-protection/

"Of the five largest cities in North America, Ford is the only mayor without a police security detail."

Last edited:
I agree. No media... Looks like a crass stunt. Very disappointing and a misstep.

Stunt? Probably was but Renata's attitude was pure Ford, belligerent or at very least dismissive..

Stunt? Probably was but Renata's attitude was pure Ford, belligerent or at very least dismissive..

He should have sent it via courier or arranged a visit in advance - maybe get Mikey to accept on his behalf. Showing up w media to a house isn't really fair to the family.

What blows me over is that an election candidate, and frankly the front runner, somehow thinks they have the right to ask for privacy (and downright isolation in fact), and everyone seems to treat the request as reasonable.

Yes, he is sick, undergoing chemotherapy, and feels like crap. I'm all for cutting him slack and giving him his privacy, as a private citizen. As a politician seeking (re-)election? Not so much.

Yes, I'm heartless and unfeeling. Now pick up your toys and go home.

IMHO Robbie's privacy was not invaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back