News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it's surprising but these guys seem confused about who is running for what.
Rob is blathering about building permit statistics and building subways on Finch which are relevant, how, when it comes to Ward 2?

The guy's still got spirit, though. I'm sure the dregs of Toronto there listening to him need some reason to hope for something too so, good for them.
(I swear he also thanked his kids "Doug" and "Michael" but maybe I imagined that...)

I suspect, just spitballing, that Tom Petty wouldn't support them but they're playing "I won't Back Down" as Rob introduces Doug. They only know how to campaign as underdogs and contrarians.

He definitely does seem that way but - agggghhh - I cannot get past the fact that he is defending that horrible awful MLG pedophile :(

Remember that "defend" doesn't necessarily mean "try to get off". Ari assisted him in pleading guilty to 100 charges in April.

Marcus Gee in the Globe and Mail

You are such a pessimist ;)

On a good note, it looks like Doug can singlehandedly destroy the Ford political dynasty. A bully millionaire born into money and political pull playing the common guy may have worked for Rob but not Doug. People simply hate the guy. He's not likeable in any way. Watch his number decline on their own.

Yes, Marcus Gee expresses the same sentiment in the Globe and Mail today:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...stoops-to-populist-pandering/article20818078/

The Ford campaign says that Mr. Ford “is committed to running a campaign based on connecting with the average hard-working people of Toronto.†Fortunately, the average hard-working people of Toronto know when they are being patronized and pandered to. (This is the man, remember, who was caught handing out $20 bills at a public housing complex.) Patting them on the head while trying to stir them up against the rich won’t work, no matter how hard Doug Ford pitches his populist sludge.

"Rob started a new kind of politics ... It is politics for the people" Doug Ford

Kinda sounds like the "Common Sense Devolution" to me.

After Chemotherapy, doctors usually recommend that one avoids crowds, because of the risk of infection. See link:

Reducing the risk of infection:

• Wash hands often, especially before eating and after using the washroom. Carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer to clean your hands when water is not available.
  • Clean any cut at once with warm water, soap and antiseptic.
  • Avoid crowds and people with infections.
  • Cut your nails carefully to avoid cuts.
  • Use an electric razor for shaving.
  • Use gloves for protection when doing activities that may cause injury to the skin.
  • Avoid constipation.
  • Thoroughly wash or peel uncooked fruits/vegetables.
  • Don’t eat undercooked meat or poultry.
  • Don’t clean cat litter boxes or bird cages. Avoid all contact with animal urine and stool.

Does Rob Ford wear gloves when going around in the crowd? (Unless Rob skipped the orientation session, as usual.)

Last edited:
Okay, so the Paul Calandra apology in the House of Commons this week is off-topic for this thread, and is a story that's bizarre only to people who haven't paid much attention to how the whole Harper operation works.

With that preamble, I quote from a Globe and Mail editorial, and bold the text that I think is on-topic here ...

There was a weird moment in the middle, though, when Mr. Calandra tried to make a joke about how the incident he was apologizing for won’t be "the last time I get up in the House and answer a question that doesn’t effectively respond."

As Freud said, there are no jokes. Mr. Calandra, or another government MP, or an MP from the opposition benches, or the government itself, will before Christmas demean the House in some novel fashion, because that is what the place has been allowed to become.

I'm not sure if I agree completely with Freud, but it's something to think about.

Thanks everybody for all the great jokes on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back