News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing up at Ford Fest with a sign that says 'FOLKS' -- inspired.

Going to Steak Queen for a selfie after getting kicked out, with CP24 on the TV in the background -- priceless.

Michael Dunbar Jr., my hat is off to you, sir.

I think I did a slightly booze-addled post a few days ago trying to make the point that the youth of today are better than the youth of, uh, the era in which I was a youth. I meant it, even if I wasn't totally coherent.

As the nerds say, the plural of anecdote is not data.

Still, I just can't imagine even the smartest, most tuned-in person of my generation coming up with such an eloquent one-word protest.

Pics taken Sept 27, 2014

Stayed for less than an hour. Large turn over of guests/supporters. One thing the media is going to have a major fail on is whatever the polls say a larger % of Ford supporters will actually go out and vote.

DSxgBUL.jpg

Partial line up for the burgers.

jHtsnNR.jpg

lBLn1GO.jpg

Z3rlaKb.jpg

HGq6Vzw.jpg

Attachments

• DSxgBUL.jpg
    DSxgBUL.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 823
  • jHtsnNR.jpg
    jHtsnNR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 811
  • lBLn1GO.jpg
    lBLn1GO.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 780
  • Z3rlaKb.jpg
    Z3rlaKb.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 803
  • HGq6Vzw.jpg
    HGq6Vzw.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 825
Pics taken Sept 27, 2014

Stayed for less than an hour. Large turn over of guests/supporters. One thing the media is going to have a major fail on is whatever the polls say a larger % of Ford supporters will actually go out and vote.

For sure they came to see Rob. Some probably see him as their hero, for others, maybe it was like showing up at the scene of a plane crash.

But, if Rob was a no-show, how many would have come to see Doug/ And of that #, how many would actually vote for the guy?

For sure they came to see Rob. Some probably see him as their hero, for others, maybe it was like showing up at the scene of a plane crash.

But, if Rob was a no-show, how many would have come to see Doug/ And of that #, how many would actually vote for the guy?

I suspect a high number just came to get the free food/entertainment.

I suspect a good number of them aren't eligible to vote in Toronto AND came for the free food/entertainment. The one chick yelling "I love you Rob" at Doug I think exemplifies the majority of those people. There to touch a celebrity with zero idea who that celebrity is.

I read somewhere that some of the "folks" are actually so hungry that they do show-up for the food.

Although, judging by the size of some of them, it might not hurt to skip a meal now and then.

Lots of cops and security, that's for sure.

If Doug gets in, I think he will have a massive security detail.

View attachment 34580View attachment 34581
https://twitter.com/annhui/status/515990707975495680/photo/1

"He was at the debate the other night."
https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/515991184934961152

Another guy showed up in a hearse ( driving it ).

Ford Fester reminds me of the sideshows at the CNE when I was a kid.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that some of the "folks" are actually so hungry that they do show-up for the food.

Really? Goddamn, that would be frightening in a few different dimensions, including (1) WTF, last I heard, Toronto is not part of the Third World, and (2) it's a given that FoFam will exploit ugly prejudices for political advantage, but exploitation of literal human hunger is not something I would have expected ...

Although, judging by the size of some of them, it might not hurt to skip a meal now and then.

Yeah, there's no doubt that some proportion of every population gets more than enough to eat ...

Last edited:
Remember that "defend" doesn't necessarily mean "try to get off". Ari assisted him in pleading guilty to 100 charges in April.

Thanks for that, whatthe. Didn't see it in that light. I too am always happy to be schooled and sometimes get clouded by certain preconceptions.

Really? Goddamn, that would be frightening in a few different dimensions, including (1) WTF, last I heard, Toronto is not part of the Third World, and (2) it's a given that FoFam will exploit ugly prejudices for political advantage, but exploitation of literal human hunger is not something I would have expected ...

Olivia is right, there are hungry children in this city. I never understood why. But, I remember four-year olds weighing 8 lbs.

Olivia is right, there are hungry children in this city. I never understood why. But, I remember four-year olds weighing 8 lbs.

That is just terrible--4 years old and 8 pounds are not numbers that belong in the same sentence. I hope you didn't come across that very often.

More broadly, I agree that cities and towns nationwide are full of hungry kids, albeit mostly not to such an extreme degree. It's grim that things like a micro-smidge reduction in taxes seem to have more political traction than making sure that every kid gets the food he or she needs to get stronger and smarter every day.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back