News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"That's just a cheap shot" Doug Ford on today's Globe and Mail story on Deco

So which one is the one you mean Dougie:

Cheap shot n.
- An unfair or unsporting verbal attack on a vulnerable target.
- (in sports) A blow, shove, or tackle maliciously directed against an opponent who is defenseless or off guard.
- A mean or unsportsmanlike remark or action, esp. one directed at a defenseless or vulnerable person.

Me thinks Dougie has shown his petticoats again.

Can we confirm that the NJ Lawsuit is still before the courts?

For the sake of argument, let's say Deco is involved with some extra-legal shenanigans, and that it spreads to their American holdings, such as they are. And let's further say this case is finally cracked and the Fords are brought to justice...by American cops. Wouldn't that make our own Toronto police force look even worse than they already do?

Is that really possible, at this point?

Question for lawyers. So when a judges robes have red on them does that mean they're really high level?

Ill bite: you've seen the video. Is the face showing? Is she conscious enough to be held to account? I am gobsmacked this thing is real. Any chance its faked?

well that's a good answer, but not terribly practical. when it's coming up on month #6 of you emailing resumes, going to interviews and waiting for that one that pans out into an offer... with your savings getting to the end of the barrel and you wondering if you'll have to take cash off your credit card soon for rent -- you will take just about any job that's offered to you & not be too picky.

Even if you go from a less desperate position (searching for a better job while already employed), it can be tough. Took me 2 years to leave a place I hated; less time to go to interviews and job search when you're already working full-time. Plus the fear of getting caught by your boss. Plus the fear of leaving a place where you have built up some seniority to go somewhere new -- where you can be let go for no reason at all during the probationary period because they just "feel like you're not working out" (or they had a budget reassessment and realized they have to cut staff, or whatever).

You don't always get to choose where you work. And the downsizing/bottom-line driven society we live in means most of us live in ridiculous, unhealthy, obsessive fear of losing our jobs. But that's another conversation for another thread.

I know Kat. It is really hard to be picky about your employer. But that's where the whole systemic part of it comes in. It's NOT practical, because conditions don't give people who haven't won the race, gender, class jackpot all that much choice.

But this brings me back to my original point, which was in response to people not getting why John Tory's statements were so controversial: it's because his comments trivialized the enormous barriers that people far less privileged than him encounter on a daily basis. His statements suggest the issues are resolvable at the individual level rather than the societal. That is probably true in JT's own experience - with so much privilege on his side (race, gender, class) his only real obstacle in his life has been his own will (which is individual).

Anyways, for those still not convinced of the privilege thing (hi typezed!) you should really look no further than Rob Ford. His idiocy should have disqualified from every job on earth except maybe sweeping the floors at Deco. Instead he's the fucking mayor of Toronto!!! He's the fucking poster child for privilege. Meanwhile Munira Abukar, his opponent in the Ward 2 race and arguably worth 100 idiot Fords, is dealing with this: https://twitter.com/RathikaS/status/521028929369690112

If the judge is actually *in* judge regalia in the crack-smoking video, that's amazing.

yeah, somehow i find that to be just too much ;) even RoFo wasn't wearing the chain of office in his video :p

but to inject some more tinfoil: there was a mystery visitor to Rob on the Easter weekend in the City Hall security video.
1297575426130_ORIGINAL.jpg

larger pic here: http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dy...97575426130_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

maybe this is the judge?

If the judge is actually *in* judge regalia in the crack-smoking video, that's amazing.

Christ, at this stage nothing would surprise me. Rob Ford smoking crack in a suit in broad daylight, Randy with a garbage bag full of weed and a scale and Kathy stealing toothbrushes from a retail shop....what's next? Doug cooking meth in his election RV?

Christ, at this stage nothing would surprise me. Rob Ford smoking crack in a suit in broad daylight, Randy with a garbage bag full of weed and a scale and Kathy stealing toothbrushes from a retail shop....what's next? Doug cooking meth in his election RV?

Is it not insane that the most likely scenario is the one we have not yet seen real evidence of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back