8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I've been at my home for nearly five years, my housemates for nine and twelve years. The only voter cards we received were for names none of us recognised. Registering wasn't particularly arduous, but it was time-consuming the number of people obliged to do same in our busy Ward 20 polling station. The clerk told me that 87% (not a typo) of eleigible Toronto voters did not receive a card.

Quit it with the doom & gloom, casita. Nothing much is going to happen, a few goons will kick over some newspaper boxes and smash a few store or car windows -- no worse than any Saturday night in the club district, or after a Leafs loss (or both). FN are not doers; if they were they would have got something done over 4 years. They will crawl back into their holes and go back to grumbling in their basements and spewing bile on social media.

And even if they are out in the streets, I most certainly will NOT carry around Ford Nation flags as "camouflage" -- good grief! What was the point of people fighting and dying for our freedoms if we have to live like that! It's not a life worth living, I'd rather confront the attack head on with my dignity intact.

Exactly! Frankly, there's a greater risk of riots if by some miracle of miracles Doug wins.

The clerk told me that 87% (not a typo) of eleigible Toronto voters did not receive a card.

Did the clerk look like this?

images.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 823
It feels like it's been freakishly quiet on all fronts today. I find it a bit unsettling to be honest.

Exactly! Frankly, there's a greater risk of riots if by some miracle of miracles Doug wins.

Personally, I'm not as worried about mobs as individuals. The Iola's/disenfranchised extremists who suddenly feel as though the rug's been pulled out from under them.

Is there no early reporting on how the election is going? I'm not from Toronto so I'm not sure how things work there, but in the US you typically start getting early election results in the mid-afternoon.

From her comments, it seems like Tory made the right call.

As distasteful as I find Warren Kinsella and Lisa Kirbie, this kind of bullying of media by a candidate for election is unacceptable if you believe in a free press. I find it even more egregious given that this isn't Tory's first offence.

As distasteful as I find Warren Kinsella and Lisa Kirbie, this kind of bullying of media by a candidate for election is unacceptable if you believe in a free press. I find it even more egregious given that this isn't Tory's first offence.
If an entire media outlet is banned sure. But banning a single person from a single outlet, who has clearly lied through her teeth about Tory doesn't seem to be unfair to me. And I'm certainly willing to entertain stories about Tory's biases ... but there's nothing here, and the claims of sexism are clearly false.

Had Kinsella a husband who'd said the same things as his wife, would the outcome have been any different? It's nothing to do with gender bias.

It doesn't bother me, especially. CityTV hasn't been barred from the location, just a partisan commentator who is/was connected with a rival campaign. Lisa can still say what she wants to say on air. Sending her to Tory HQ is just a gimmick on the part of the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back