4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 4.59.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 4.59.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 4.59.23 PM.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 659
My wife and I voted. For some reason, she wasn't on the list, so she had to get a form filled out. She was amazed that over 60 people were on the ballot for mayor.

They keep the entrance requirements low in order to be democratic, but $200 just isn't much of a deterrent to discourage joke candidates. Would rather see it go up to $1,000 or $2,000 but refundable if you get 1% of the vote.

My wife and I voted. For some reason, she wasn't on the list, so she had to get a form filled out. She was amazed that over 60 people were on the ballot for mayor.

For a brief moment there, I thought that you were going to say that your wife was upset at being left off of the ballot, given that pretty much everyone else is on it!

For a brief moment there, I thought that you were going to say that your wife was upset at being left off of the ballot, given that pretty much everyone else is on it!

She was a bit concerned, but got to vote in the end. It is weird because she has never been left off a list before.

Last edited:
Why? There are polling stations in many TCHC buildings. That is the point of the pandering on site.

I saw it on CP2Ford, so who knows.

An then there's this

Natalie Alcoba
‏@nataliealcoba 2:05pm

"Doug Ford helping TCHC residents with their groceries."

B0-O8ECIIAA7LlO.jpg

Attachments

• B0-O8ECIIAA7LlO.jpg
    B0-O8ECIIAA7LlO.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 619
I like how everyone is coming out of the woodwork now that the curtains are closing. I would hope to see everyone in 'Mayor Ari Goldkind's Toronto', but I won't hold my breath.

imagefff.jpg

Au revoir, all!

Attachments

• imagefff.jpg
    imagefff.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 650
There will be no mob, maybe some random guys doing random shit.

Even this is a bit unusual for a municipal election in Toronto, no? Art Eggleton always aspired for Toronto to be a "world-class city" (but did nothing for transit) and we're kinda secretly proud when we can be as bad (or bad-ass) as anyone.

Graduating to some gratuitous violence over what essentially stands or falls on pothole-filling and garbage collection is going world class in my book. At least in terms of WTF-ness.

Hey, it gives us something to watch, right?

BTW, if Rob wins, don't expect FoFam, Worms, FN or this thread to go away anytime soon.

Oh, and what about this scenario? ... Doug loses, Rob also loses (but by a whisker), and Mikey wins?!

Last edited:
Even this is a bit unusual for a municipal election in Toronto, no? Art Eggleton always aspired for Toronto to be a "world-class city" (but did nothing for transit) and we're kinda secretly proud when we can be as bad (or bad-ass) as anyone.

Eggs only had to take care of 37 square miles. A mayor now has to take care of over 240 sq mi.

It's a whole new ball game.

It's been interesting, entertaining, frustrating, infuriating, exhausting and very, very distracting, but it's been a slice. Though somehow I fear that, having grabbed the spotlight for four years, RoFo and FoFam will continue to scrabble for attention, in or out of politics, for some time to come.

Anyway, this is me, Parke, without the usual glasses or pretentious (if useful) prescription monocle:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
I heard Doug is bussing people in from community housing.

isn't there some kind of rule in other elections (provincial? federal?) that there is no campaigning on voting day? the candidates pretty much sit at home. this is a good rule. if they want, they can allow campaign volunteers to give rides to the polls*, but the candidates should be on a friggin' vow of silence today.

(*although if this country were truly serious about getting people to exercise their right to vote -- rather than just pissing & moaning about low voter turn-out -- they would make election day a stat holiday so people could actually go out and do it without having to squeeze it in among other obligations. Also: hours need to be 9 am-9 pm, not this crap.)

(*although if this country were truly serious about getting people to exercise their right to vote -- rather than just pissing & moaning about low voter turn-out -- they would make election day a stat holiday so people could actually go out and do it without having to squeeze it in among other obligations. Also: hours need to be 9 am-9 pm, not this crap.)

Taking Time off to Vote

You are entitled to have three hours in which to vote on voting day. If your job requires you to work hours that would not give you a three hour period in which to vote, you are allowed to be absent from your job for enough time to give you that three hour period.

Note: This does not mean that you are entitled to take three hours off of work.

Voting hours are normally from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. If your working hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you could be entitled to leave one hour early so that you would have from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to vote.

Your employer may decide when it would be most convenient for you to be absent in order to vote. For example, if you work from noon to 6 p.m., your employer may decide that you should come in at 1 p.m., rather than leave work at 5 p.m.
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=8222c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back