News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we seriously going to have this conversation again? If you go back a few pages he said the exact same thing, was given a well reasoned rebuttal and brushed it off like any other well trained member of Ford nation. He's repeating it now for the same reason that he voted for Ford in the first place - to stick it to the people he disagrees with. If Ford accomplished only one thing during his whole term he'd still think he accomplished more than Miller because that one thing would be something he likes. At this point he's just trying to get under everyone's skin.

There's going to be a serious vote split on the right during the next election when there's actually another right wing candidate on the ballot. The only reason Ford maintains around 30% support is because no one has presented themselves as a serious right wing candidate. As soon as a real flesh and blood alternative appears, anyone left in Ford nation with a brain will abandon ship.

As a politician, Rob Ford is a troll. He makes lots of noise, finds trivial concerns to flame outrage, and accomplishes little. So trolls like Ford. What is concerning is that a strong 30% of this city seems fully in step with that approach, that for them the goal of our political system is to stick it to others who they believe don't deserve the respect. I'd say that in its first two years, the Ford administration did achieve labour settlement without strikes, and has limited the growth in some budgets. But it has done little else, hasn't even tried to do much else.

Are we seriously going to have this conversation again? If you go back a few pages he said the exact same thing, was given a well reasoned rebuttal and brushed it off like any other well trained member of Ford nation. He's repeating it now for the same reason that he voted for Ford in the first place - to stick it to the people he disagrees with. If .

Well, whaddaya expect. Hawc proposed an expressway through the heart of the Junction and desecrating the bottom of High Park through a series of Gardiner-connector ramps. He's an urban batterer; but I guess, batterers need a place to vent.

In related news, "mens rights" advocate Ross Virgin was among the pro-Ford levee-ers quoted int he media.

He's only 2 years into his first term and he's already achieved more than Miller did.
If your idea of achievment is corruption, stealing, breaking the law, bigotry, and abusing children perhaps ...

But any human being with even a shred of moral decency would see that Miller achieved far more!

Ahh come-on nfitz...youre kidding right?
Not even for a second. If racial abuse can be verbal or gestured, I don't see any reason why child abuse can't be verbal or gestured.

Have we really become so immune to the massive failings of his worship that we are willing to whitewash him?

Not even for a second. If racial abuse can be verbal or gestured, I don't see any reason why child abuse can't be verbal or gestured.

Have we really become so immune to the massive failings of his worship that we are willing to whitewash him?

Child abuse and racial abuse can both be verbal or gestured. That doesn't make all insensitive or even offensive acts towards those groups child or racial abuse (hate crimes). Very few people, and certainly no court, would consider 'giving the finger' an act of abuse.

It's certainly a bit over the top to consider flipping the bird to be child abuse, especially since that gesture has a pretty well documented history of usage by everyone from Trudeau to Reagan. It's pretty much libel to call Ford a child abuser...

It's certainly a bit over the top to consider flipping the bird to be child abuse, especially since that gesture has a pretty well documented history of usage by everyone from Trudeau to Reagan.
Perhaps you could document where Trudeau or Reagan .... or heck ANY politician has ever been reported to give the finger to a six-year old. I can't imagine of anyone being such a despicable piece of shit to do such an indecent and perverted act.

And how can one possibly compare Trudeau giving the finger to a handful of people chanting anti-French slogans, to Rob Ford giving the six-year old the finger because they complained about him breaking the law by driving while talking on his cell phone? Personally, I don't recall the Reagan incident ... perhaps you could elaborate - how many children did he give the finger to?

It's pretty much libel to call Ford a child abuser...
I consider such an act child abuse. Therefore one who does so is a child abuser. This isn't libel. If I accused Ford of beating his wife and children that would be libel ... but there's never been any evidence of the latter, and the charges against him on the former were dropped by the police after his wife changed her story.

I remain shocked that some here are so willing to defend such a vile man, simply because he is a Conservative.

Last edited:
Nfitz,

You have been warned before about taking things to hyperbolic extremes - your fast and loose use of the word "bigot", for example. Stating that Ford abuses children because he gave the finger once to car with a child inside is another example.

It's annoying, and I think it is verging on trolling (though you wouldn't be the only one guilty of that).

It's annoying, and I think it is verging on trolling
Documenting the very real abuse of a child by by Rob Ford is trolling? And coming here with the bizarre and unfathomable false statement "he's already achieved more than Miller did." isn't?

your fast and loose use of the word "bigot"

Hang on, I've agreed I may have overused the term a little, but my usage has hardly been fast and loose. Rob Ford's anti-gay bigotry and been very well documented in many places. As agreed, I am avoiding pointing it out in detail, but be careful as surely having the appearance of whitewashing such horrible and prominent bigotry is just as bad as the original crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back