News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawc proposed an expressway through the heart of the Junction and desecrating the bottom of High Park through a series of Gardiner-connector ramps.

Hey I'll admit the error of my ways.

After buying a bicycle and cycling along the lake and up around High Park I admit that Parkside Drive is much too nice to run an expressway down.

We do still need another North/South highway into the city and the 400 extension DOES need to be completed. I therefore amend my propsal and instead say we should run it across Dundas and down the lower section of Bathurst. I've studied these roads extensively and an elevated (or at grade expressway) would vastly improve the community.

Please see attached map:

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-01-03%2520at%25206.27.43%2520PM.png

The connecting ramps to the Gardiner would now happen at CityPlace which everyone agrees is going to be a future St. Jamestown anyway.

:cool:

After buying a bicycle and cycling along the lake and up around High Park I admit that Parkside Drive is much too nice to run an expressway down.

We do still need another North/South highway into the city and the 400 extension DOES need to be completed. I therefore amend my propsal and instead say we should run it across Dundas and down the lower section of Bathurst. I've studied these roads extensively and an elevated (or at grade expressway) would vastly improve the community.

Please see attached map:

The connecting ramps to the Gardiner would now happen at CityPlace which everyone agrees is going to be a future St. Jamestown anyway.

Troll. Or idiot. Take your pick.

Documenting the very real abuse of a child by by Rob Ford is trolling? And coming here with the bizarre and unfathomable false statement "he's already achieved more than Miller did." isn't?

Hang on, I've agreed I may have overused the term a little, but my usage has hardly been fast and loose. Rob Ford's anti-gay bigotry and been very well documented in many places. As agreed, I am avoiding pointing it out in detail, but be careful as surely having the appearance of whitewashing such horrible and prominent bigotry is just as bad as the original crime.

Flipping the finger at someone's mother isn't child abuse. You demean yourself and debase our critique of Ford when you say shit like that.

Frankly, if (Voltairean-speaking) one *has* to accuse Rob Ford of abuse, it's of democratic, free-range "abuse"--young and old, male and female, as long as they're in his way and in his annoyance-headspace. To single out "kids" is sensationalism. (Besides, if one *really* had to, one could just as well single out his using his own offspring as mindless pawns--whethe ron vacation or in Delahuntygate--or of course, his high school football coaching tactics past and perhaps present. Or even the *idea* of his coaching high school football, at least according to abolitionists willing to point out brain damage in professional players, etc)

*If one had to*, of course. If one had to. (Myself, I'm just laying it on the table. I'm not advancing anything.)

I've studied these roads extensively and an elevated (or at grade expressway) would vastly improve the community. ... The connecting ramps to the Gardiner would now happen at CityPlace which everyone agrees is going to be a future St. Jamestown anyway.
And people call me a troller ...

<< snip >> I've studied these roads extensively and an elevated (or at grade expressway) would vastly improve the community.

Expressways never improved a community.
The future of moving Toronto is local and regional public transit, not another highway to gridlock the downtown as it slices it's way through the heart of the city.

Please see attached map:

Instead of wrecking Bathurst St., you could head south from Dundas through that unused swath of "green" space between Crawford and Gorevale. And "Niagara St." which doesn't actually go to Niagara, so it should be removed.

Haha, now Ford's is a child abuser and a wife beater? I love this forum.

Oh yeah, and a bigot according to Nsfitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back