8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
John Sewell was Councillor while the man who defeated him, Art Eggleton, was mayor.....

Thank you, Greg! I watched the TVO interview with John and Art and Hazel last night. Thanks for jogging my memory.

I believe they said it was the only time it happened in 100 years.

Ward 2 voters chose Mike over a more qualified candidate so they have no one to blame but themselves.

I wish we could get a breakdown of voters-with-children-in-the-school-system and compare their votes with voters-without-children-in-the-school-system to see how they broke for Michael vs the qualified candidate. Dream on, I know.

ETA: Beaten to it by basic.

Last edited:
He has a bit of a lisp, but I think people are referring more to how high his voice is, which wouldn't be related to a cleft palate. (that I know of)

My initial question was not related to his speaking voice but, rather, his mannerisms while speaking. Not sure I can describe it, though. My wife works with people with autism across the spectrum. She was convinced.

My initial question was not related to his speaking voice but, rather, his mannerisms while speaking. Not sure I can describe it, though. My wife works with people with autism across the spectrum. She was convinced.

Asperger's and OCD here. You have a good point.

I haven't had a chance to read everything today, but in case it wasn't mentioned, congrats to polluted for winning the pool, with a guess of 32%!

It should be noted that, sadly, polluted had the 2nd highest guess.

I celebrate not only my victory but the ability of 1/3 of our city to participate freely in this vast experiment in cognitive dissonance.

Thanks basic for keeping track of the pool. Congrats to polluted, bragging rights for life at UT.

I'm not sure bragging about a pessimistic, albeit realistic, vote count is called for.

... but sure ...

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Eat it suckers.

Congrats polluted, now that you've won what are you going to do?

Run for PC party leadership. I'm qualified, right?

And who is on your transition team?

I'd be remiss if I excluded any of the forum members. So, all of you plus Ari Goldkind.

Without commenting on Mikey personally or his qualifications, in his interview he indicated that school security is his priority. I know nothing of the subject, because it simply was not an issue when I was in school.

But, I wonder if he is aware of the TPS - School Board Protocol? It has been studied by experts and seems very thorough:
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/publications/files/misc/schoolprotocol.pdf

Last edited:
Apparently Doug Ford told CP24 that Rob has been admitted to hospital, and has a cold and swelling in his legs. So treatment is on hold for now.

A cold? From shaking hundreds of hands contrary to your doctor's advice? Humph.

No one gets admitted to hospital with a cold - but a fever and flu-like symptoms in a cancer patient whose immune system is suppressed sure does. Peripheral swelling has a fairly wide differential, which I'll address below...

Gee, I wonder what could be causing edema, maybe running around aimlessly? I'm thinking it's the lymphatic system, but with the "cold" and his asthma it could be Robbie's lungs and/or heart. If not careful it could easily turn into pneumonia.

Running around isn't going to do it, but you're on the right track most likely. He may already have pneumonia.

He should have been resting after chemo treatments, eating healthy foods and avoiding crowds. Of course Rob did the exact opposite, so now he's been admitted to hospital again. The swelling could be from a lot of things, but his liver and kidneys are working overtime with the chemo and he's certainly not been treating them very well for the last 20 years.

I kinda wonder whether he actually has insight into his disease. It's notable he got admitted on the very day he was to receive the results of his follow-up CT scan. That doesn't bode particularly well - certainly no one actually gets admitted just to get results!

Agreed. He is an idiot... come to think of it, if he is on a corticosteroid with stressed kidneys... dialysis anyone?

Not likely. Kidneys don't really get "stressed", though they may be damaged by a variety of meds including some chemo. Steroids can cause adrenal suppression, though. Unless Rob isn't making any urine *and* is fluid-overloaded (with potentially other complications), he's not going to get dialyzed.

This thread is about a month away from a DNR order.

Yeah... though I'm not sure I'd go down that road in a 40-something guy who hasn't (yet) failed first-line treatment (as far as we know...).

As for the leg swelling, there are a number of possibilities:
Vascular: acute heart failure, pulmonary embolism
Infectious/Inflammatory: renal inflammation
Toxins: cardio- or nephro-toxicity
Cancer: tumour invasion of lymphatics - definitely possible given likely location of tumour

Without commenting on Mikey personally, in his interview he indicated that school safety is his priority. That I think anyone would agree with. I know nothing of the subject, it simply was not an issue when I was in school.

But, I wonder if he is aware of the TPS - School Board Protocol? It has been studied by experts and seems very thorough:
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/publications/files/misc/schoolprotocol.pdf

From his chauffeurin' experience, Mikey may be painfully aware of what kind of characters might show up on school property: Payman, Lisi, Bellissimo, Coach Rofo.

Not sure if I'd want my kids listening to them carry on, never mind rolling in the goose poop.

That doesn't bode particularly well - certainly no one actually gets admitted just to get results!

Doctor, thank-you for your insight. At the visit today, what would be the best results he could hope for? "The chemo worked, that's all for now. Go home, and we will see you at a later date for follow-up." :confused:

Sorry for being so naïve, but it's not something I know much about.

From his chauffeurin' experience, Mikey may be painfully aware of what kind of characters might show up on school property: Payman, Lisi, Bellissimo, Coach Rofo.

Not sure if I'd want my kids listening to them carry on, never mind rolling in the goose poop.

LMAO L-D.

No one gets admitted to hospital with a cold - but a fever and flu-like symptoms in a cancer patient whose immune system is suppressed sure does. Peripheral swelling has a fairly wide differential, which I'll address below...

Could it just be for the cold? When my wife was undergoing chemo, she was told to report immediately to emergency if she developed a cold and to tell the staff she was a chemo patient.

Yeah... though I'm not sure I'd go down that road in a 40-something guy who hasn't (yet) failed first-line treatment (as far as we know...).

As for the leg swelling, there are a number of possibilities:
Vascular: acute heart failure, pulmonary embolism
Infectious/Inflammatory: renal inflammation
Toxins: cardio- or nephro-toxicity
Cancer: tumour invasion of lymphatics - definitely possible given likely location of tumour

Could swelling also be a side effect of the chemo, (i.e. unrelated to other issues)? I'm not trying to discount other possibilities, just trying to understand the range.

Best case scenario is that the tumour regressed enough that a debulking surgery or even possibly curable resection is possible. The latter isn't very likely, but the former would be the realistic best care. He's still pretty young so the approach is likely to be more aggressive than not.

@Cooper:
It could be the "cold", but the problem in patients with compromised immunity is that they might not have all the same symptoms someone with an intact immune system would have.

It's really hard to speculate on the exact types of chemo toxicity he might experience, since we don't actually know what he's been getting. It's likely that he's gotten doxorubicin, one drug used frequently for soft tissue sarcoma. Among the long list of toxicities is direct cardiotoxicity, which can present with heart failure, but this usually occurs at least a few months later.

Last edited:
Doctor, thank-you for your insight. At the visit today, what would be the best results he could hope for? "The chemo worked, that's all for now. Go home, and we will see you at a later date for follow-up." :confused:

Sorry for being so naïve, but it's not something I know much about.

LMAO L-D.

I thought was having the scan today. He wouldn't have the results right away. Or do I have my dates wrong?

This thread is about a month away from a DNR order.

Good grief! LMAO That's not what I meant, Doctor! I meant we are one month away from getting a new mayor! LOL

I wasn't referring to the state of Rob's health. Hopefully, Councillor Rob Ford is going to be at City Hall for a long time to come. He's a 30-year man! ;)

I thought was having the scan today. He wouldn't have the results right away. Or do I have my dates wrong?

You have the date right, he was getting a scan today, and I suspect he already knows the results. He's an important guy and I imagine he gets a little better service than us common folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back