News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this video from the Ford election night party was posted already, but it's a real eye-opener: http://vimeo.com/110365134
Highlights include Stephanie Ford saying "F John Tory and F Olivia" and Randy Ford dancing.

Yeah. some oddness in the array for sure. That said, the editorial choice was for oddness, and other-ness, etc. But it is Now, so what else are you gonna get. It's an insufferable read at best (Even the music coverage has gone way downhill).

Don't want to buck the orthodoxy, but it was kind of endearing in some ways. You know, like a Joe Fiorito column.

I think it's a misleading to assume that those who voted for Doug Ford think he represents their interests, or mirrors the parties they vote for in federal or provincial elections.

These voters believe *no one* represents their interests at CH. By definition, CH doesn't deliver anything at all, or at least nothing relevant. (How much has been delivered to prove otherwise?)

What's disconcerting is not how well Doug as a mayoral candidate, but that 1 out of 3 people *identify* with Doug Ford. These folks "know" by now that "politics is all image". The punch line is that RoDoFo offer the image they want to represent as themselves. They are the answer to the question "what kinda guy/gal are you?"

Last edited:
At least Renata had the smarts to move her away when she said that

That video is certainly enlightening. I ask this seriously - does anyone know if there's something not right with Stephanie? I mean, what she said aside, she seemed a bit slow. She's on and off pretty quick so I don't know if it's just, you know, the Ford Gene Pool. Watching an eight-year-old kid who has been taught to say stuff like that (especially in public) really tells you a lot about what growing up in that house must be like. But I'd feel bad mocking it too much if she has some kind of condition....

(Also, I love Michael Ford, who only ran for Trustee because they made him, talking about his passion for education issues. I mean, he was a camp counsellor, dontcha know!)

That video is certainly enlightening. I ask this seriously - does anyone know if there's something not right with Stephanie? I mean, what she said aside, she seemed a bit slow. She's on and off pretty quick so I don't know if it's just, you know, the Ford Gene Pool. Watching an eight-year-old kid who has been taught to say stuff like that (especially in public) really tells you a lot about what growing up in that house must be like. But I'd feel bad mocking it too much if she has some kind of condition....

(Also, I love Michael Ford, who only ran for Trustee because they made him, talking about his passion for education issues. I mean, he was a camp counsellor, dontcha know!)

Stephanie just looked dead tired in the clip. She was probably punchy, and repeating whatever she'd heard at home/all night.

My wife has CP2Ford on now and they are not obsessing over Rob and Doug like they used to.

I think it's a misleading to assume that those who voted for Doug Ford think he represents their interests, or mirrors the parties they vote for in federal or provincial elections.

These voters believe *no one* represents their interests at CH. By definition, CH doesn't deliver anything at all, or at least nothing relevant. (How much has been delivered to prove otherwise?)

What's disconcerting is not how well Doug as a mayoral candidate, but that 1 out of 3 people *identify* with Doug Ford. These folks "know" by now that "politics is all image". The punch line is that RoDoFo offer the image they want to represent as themselves. They are the answer to the question "what kinda guy/gal are you?"

If I was Robert Yaciuk of the Trillium Party of Ontario I'd be camped out in D Ford's front yard begging him to take the lead of the party, to write its manifesto....with the Ontario PC's at the nadir of their influence (10K members) it behooves a party such as the Trilliums to glom onto the rocket that is Ford and ride it till it drops...

That video is certainly enlightening. I ask this seriously - does anyone know if there's something not right with Stephanie? I mean, what she said aside, she seemed a bit slow. She's on and off pretty quick so I don't know if it's just, you know, the Ford Gene Pool. Watching an eight-year-old kid who has been taught to say stuff like that (especially in public) really tells you a lot about what growing up in that house must be like. But I'd feel bad mocking it too much if she has some kind of condition...

No offence, but I think we should leave the kids alone.

No offence, but I think we should leave the kids alone.

His eight-year-old daughter told a reporter, "Ef John Tory!" It's noteworthy and, you know, suggestive of the fact maybe she doesn't have the best parents (in case that wasn't obvious).

That said, I have no desire to pick on the kids who, quite seriously, no doubt find themselves dealing with stuff kids shouldn't have to deal with. I didn't want to pick on her unnecessarily. Doug is cute, FWIW. I quite sincerely wish those kids the best and hope they get to spend the rest of their lives out of the spotlight etc.

The same can be said of LaRocque (he would have made a race of it in Ward 3 or 4)Ward 3 with its placeholder not returning and GLL's late announcement to retire offered him the same advantage as Ward 2.
Too bad neither of them took the opportunity to switch

Reminds me of one thing that fell under the radar in Ward 4: Chris Stockwell, whom the Fords summoned into a political comeback only to *not* endorse him in the ward where he was running, got less than 10%.

Of course I think Mikey came into this not giving two craps about being a school trustee, and coasted to election based on his "brand" (barf) alone. It's reprehensible, but his acclamation was never in doubt in my mind since I don't think people are in general very engaged in the trustee races.

Maybe not in Ward 1; but not necessarily across the city--indeed, this year's trustee races proved more exciting than the council races because of the high rate of turnover, and more often than not on behalf of good or superior candidates (vs Trustee Sam, Liz Moyer, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back