News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda hard to take someone seriously when they call themselves "Doug Ford's Ex-Lawyer" on Twitter. Plus, anyone can say anything on the internet and make it seem legitimate. Watch:

I have documents proving Rob and LeeAnne had an affair. I sent them to Kevin Donovan.

See?

I'm late to this topic, but my guess is that Doug-Fords-Ex-Lawyer believes he has something. Problem is, he can't prove what he has is real. That's part of the reason for a lack of media uptake. Also, reporters and editors are going to ask themselves "what public interest is served by publishing material about Rob's behaviour in rehab?" Since he's no longer mayor, one could argue that the Ballad of Rob and Leanne is gossip rather than news. You could argue the opposite, too, since he's still a councillor, but it's not the big story it was a few months ago.

Also, reporters and editors are going to ask themselves "what public interest is served by publishing material about Rob's behaviour in rehab?"

inquiring_minds_logo.png

Borrowed from Kat's post:

"Just made Rob Ford a banana split "
https://twitter.com/agatha_machala/status/533799351681040384

The smiley is described ( when your cursor is over it ) as a "smirking face."

It used to be an honour to have your picture taken with a Mayor ( or Chairman, Commissioner or Chief ) . Not anymore, apparently.

Attachments

• inquiring_minds_logo.png
    inquiring_minds_logo.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
The DQ on the Queensway is three blocks from Posticino.

http://goo.gl/maps/Wvyh3

Nice to see Robbie's got his appetite back!

Looks like Robbie is camping for Ford votes after the election debacle in the area... if Dougie is around then it would be for provincial aspirations.

I'm late to this topic, but my guess is that Doug-Fords-Ex-Lawyer believes he has something. Problem is, he can't prove what he has is real. That's part of the reason for a lack of media uptake. Also, reporters and editors are going to ask themselves "what public interest is served by publishing material about Rob's behaviour in rehab?" Since he's no longer mayor, one could argue that the Ballad of Rob and Leanne is gossip rather than news. You could argue the opposite, too, since he's still a councillor, but it's not the big story it was a few months ago.

Meh. I don't like the argument that it isn't news, although I think it's a common newsroom attitude. I think it's the resolution of a story from a few months ago where the media said "stay tuned for more" but didn't deliver.

Yes, some of the witnesses to the story may have been shy about going on record, but I sensed a general media reluctance to tell too much, either because it might be unseemly to besmirch a sitting mayor or because it might seem too political given the backdrop of an election campaign.

Now that it's all over, I'd say the story is safe to finish-off. One thing we've learned is that Lee-Anne is as much of a media liar as the Fordz.

Meh. I don't like the argument that it isn't news, although I think it's a common newsroom attitude. I think it's the resolution of a story from a few months ago where the media said "stay tuned for more" but didn't deliver.

Yes, some of the witnesses to the story may have been shy about going on record, but I sensed a general media reluctance to tell too much, either because it might be unseemly to besmirch a sitting mayor or because it might seem too political given the backdrop of an election campaign.

Now that it's all over, I'd say the story is safe to finish-off. One thing we've learned is that Lee-Anne is as much of a media liar as the Fordz.

I don't disagree. I'm just speculating on why DFXL's stuff hasn't gained more traction with the media, (at least according to DFXL).

…I suspect a banana with 3 scoops of ice cream is that man's idea of eating fruit.

Scoops?!? There are no scoops, because DQ isn't even ice cream; it's ice milk…and pretty weak tea at that.

It's essentially a sugar-delivery system.

But if memory serves, they do indeed offer "fruit" toppings.

Last edited:
Scoops?!? There are no scoops, because DQ isn't even ice cream; it's ice milk…and pretty weak tea at that.

It's essentially a sugar-delivery system.

But if memory serves, they do indeed offer "fruit" toppings.

Actually it's not a "sugar delivery system", per serving it has less than soda or other prepared beverages/confections. Basically soft serve is a "light" version of ice cream.

Last edited:
The Toronto Labour Council's slate too was blanked other than incumbents

...and Joe Cressy.

But on the whole, except in the Ford-tainted hard NW (including, sadly, Andray Domise), the commonly left-endorsed candidates (by NOW et al) tended to fare competitively or un-embarrassingly; and of course, they weren't pitched with the stunted rah-rah we're-gonna-take-em-down tone of IHTWOMRF/43 Down...

Satirical Account

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Doug-Fords-Ex-Lawyer a satirical account?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Doug-Fords-Ex-Lawyer a satirical account?

It seems like I have to point this out every week or two, but, as with many players in this saga, it's become impossible to tell what's 100% real, what's satirical and what's just plain disingenuous.

I find it very disorienting.

But yes, that's what I thought. Who knows. His story seems believable. I think Cooper had it right a page or two back. The guy thinks he's got something but there's not a huge appetite for curb stomping a dead horse in NPS at this point. No surprises would come of it.

My guess: Here Pumpkin, take my 'Lade, go see Sandro, bring back an oz and some 40s & we'll bang in the woods out back.
Public reaction: Meh, of course. Whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back