News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a tremendously douchey thing to so. It's over, you lost, your brother's dying, no one wants you in their clubhouse ... and yet you try to pull this 'remember who's really in charge' bullshit. Rob is MINO until Tory takes office. The end.

I don't think Doug is entirely wrong on this dual-mayor thing. The Cult of Rob remains strong in some quarters. I won't be surprised if we start hearing "Tory may be the mayor, but Rob is my mayor" from that crowd. I can't picture Rob not trying to leverage that, no matter how much council tries to keep him at arm's length.

I don't think Doug is entirely wrong on this dual-mayor thing. The Cult of Rob remains strong in some quarters. I won't be surprised if we start hearing "Tory may be the mayor, but Rob is my mayor" from that crowd. I can't picture Rob not trying to leverage that, no matter how much council tries to keep him at arm's length.

Oh yeah, the 'mayor of the common folk' thing. But was he just referring to the period until Tory is sworn in, or after that as well? Or just trying to make a joke about an unofficial transition period?

What a tremendously douchey thing to so. It's over, you lost, your brother's dying, no one wants you in their clubhouse ... and yet you try to pull this 'remember who's really in charge' bullshit. Rob is MINO until Tory takes office. The end.

Really, now, are Crisanti, Nunziata, Palacio, FDG, Mammo, Moeser and Perruzza going to purposely put themselves on the outside looking in standing with R Ford?
We've already seen Grimes, Crawford, Robinson, Thompson and DMW align themselves with J Tory....R Ford's faction has broken, he'll be a lone wolf as is his wont, if and when he returns to the Clamshell....

My opinion on D Ford stands.... He should be looking at leadership of the Trillium Party of Ontario....the PCPO is a rural rump it is going to take much more than a C Elliott or any of the others running for leader to change that fact...D Ford and the Trillliums should ignore rural Ontario and build on D Ford's urban base...the 2018 election will have 122 seats...25 Toronto, 11 Peel, 9 York, 4 Durham, 4 Halton plus extra seats in K-W, Niagara, Ottawa, London and Barrie while at the same time being creative with the 9 ridings North of the Mattawa....It can be the best of both worlds build a coalition of the rural PCs, urban and northern Trilliums to a working government in 2018.....

Last edited:
Let's me see:

• Deputy Mayor Rob Ford—no
  • Chair of any committee for Rob Ford—no
  • Chair of Etobicoke Community Council for Rob Ford—no
  • Deputy position for any of the committees for Rob Ford—no

Maybe John may ask Rob to assist the committee in charge of 311. What committee would that be?

I don't know. I also don't know which one is in charge of purchasing batteries. But I feel like I should.

Ford Family news cycle to promote there agenda. At the announcement this morning did people notice Diane manoeuvring to stay in the shot behind Doug? Is she showing who is behind the decisions of the Ford Family Compact?

Yeah, I saw that too lol.

I had the Live Drive on last night - for some reason Doug didn't seem nearly as annoying as I usually find him although he did get one of those "Rob's gonna be co-mayor" shots in and y'know elocution lessons wouldn't be a bad idea (it's THEM Doug, not UM). But apparently Doug's gone back to Deco because he's got 3 of his 4 KFos working for him now and has to teach them the ropes. (Then I guess Unca Rob will take his female nieces out and explain politics to them over coffee.) Also, non-political Randy who Doug said was always puzzled by his and Rob's love of politics, apparently stopped Doug just as he was heading out the Deco door for his press conference yesterday and said "Do it!!"

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that too lol.

I had the Live Drive on last night - for some reason Doug didn't seem nearly as annoying as I usually find him although he did get one of those "Rob's gonna be co-mayor" shots in and y'know elocution lessons wouldn't be a bad idea (it's THEM Doug, not UM). But apparently Doug's gone back to Deco because he's got 3 of his 4 KFos working for him now and has to teach them the ropes. (Then I guess Unca Rob will take his female nieces out and explain politics to them over coffee.) Also, non-political Randy who Doug said was always puzzled by his and Rob's love of politics, apparently stopped Doug just as he was heading out the Deco door for his press conference yesterday and said "Do it!!"

Really, 3 of the girls are working at Deco now?

And Randy encouraged him to run?

And how is Doug an asset to a business?

Lies, bullshit, argument and litigation. Hardly a place I'd take my orders to if I had an alternative. Even if I was buying hash.

My opinion on D Ford stands.... He should be looking at leadership of the Trillium Party of Ontario....the PCPO is a rural rump it is going to take much more than a C Elliott or any of the others running for leader to change that fact...D Ford and the Trillliums should ignore rural Ontario and build on D Ford's urban base...the 2018 election will have 122 seats...25 Toronto, 11 Peel, 9 York, 4 Durham, 4 Halton plus extra seats in K-W, Niagara, Ottawa, London and Barrie while at the same time being creative with the 9 ridings North of the Mattawa....It can be the best of both worlds build a coalition of the rural PCs, urban and northern Trilliums to a working government in 2018.....

I think a lot of this BS is about carrying on daddy's "legacy" (if one can call it that). He doesn't want to be leader of any party; he wants to be the leader of the PC party. The party that threw a backbench position to a generous campaign donator named Doug Ford, Sr. and then essentially made his seat redundant for the next election. I bet half of the motivation in the back of Doug Ford's petty little head is retribution for not seeing how brilliant daddy would have been as a lifelong cabinet member. It's never truly been about politics or the social good; Doug just wants to get back for perceived slights and a taste of power.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 7m7 minutes ago
Doug Ford here now, says City Hall will be under "dual mayor system" with both Tory and Rob Ford

Doug, how about you become premier, change Toronto's governance structure into a strong dual mayor system, and then run (along with 2nd Ford) in the 2018 election.

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 3.16.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 3.16.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 3.16.13 PM.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 480

Agree with your sentiment.

In response to those 'folks'... that is okay. I spent the last 4 years pretending Miller was still mayor. Two can play this game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back