News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Giroux mentioned the preliminary - clearly he doesn't think that type of vague statement contravenes the publication ban.

My take on that is that they aren't really seeing new evidence coming to the surface, but getting stuff on the record will increase the odds of a plea deal or other arrangement.

One thing to note is that Rob doesn't appear to have legal representation at the prelims (e.g., someone sitting in the audience). That would appear to confirm my assumption that he's paying for Lisi's legal team, since he can get everything he needs to know from them.

For sure the Fords are covering his legal fees. Isn't the one guy from the most expensive law firm in T.O.?

goldsbie 1:05pm via Twitter Web Client
Ahmed Siyad has been released from hospital; police say he was "uncooperative" with them.

When asked about Ford showing up just after Siyad's shooting, Det. Patterson says that's news to him.

Well we here have long known that TPS issued rofo a cloak of invisibiliy.

Well we here have long known that TPS issued rofo a cloak of invisibiliy.

I don't think that's fair. Aside from a few bad apples at his local division, I think the TPS tried hard to get him. Yes, they let stuff like the drinking and driving go, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time they quite reasonably didn't want to jeopardize what was clearly a bigger investigation. The ITOs speak for themselves. Had they known they still wouldn't be able to charge him in the end, they would have nabbed him for the smaller stuff.

I don't think that's fair. Aside from a few bad apples at his local division, I think the TPS tried hard to get him. Yes, they let stuff like the drinking and driving go, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time they quite reasonably didn't want to jeopardize what was clearly a bigger investigation. The ITOs speak for themselves. Had they known they still wouldn't be able to charge him in the end, they would have nabbed him for the smaller stuff.

I know my tar brush is extra wide but I have always believed he had dirty cops helping out. Rofos support of the force at budget time smacks of transactional politicking. More than 24 domestic calls and no charges? This goes way back.

Witnesses generally don't have legal representation. I don't think you can get to A from B.

Not to mention, they'd be in a conflict of interest to give him any advice. Which they know and would never do.

I didn't say official representation - I'm saying throw a jr associate in the audience to take notes. Either Ford's legal team is using Lisi's lawyers for info or they are relying on non-real time court transcripts. Considering that Ford could be charged at any time based on testimony at the prelim you'd think that Hotmail Lawyer at a minimum would be tracking the show as it happens.

That said, Ford himself needs to be kept in the dark because he's been subpoenaed. The witnesses aren't allowed to see anything from the prelim or discuss the case with any other witnesses until the hearing is finished.

I didn't say official representation - I'm saying throw a jr associate in the audience to take notes. Either Ford's legal team is using Lisi's lawyers for info or they are relying on non-real time court transcripts. Considering that Ford could be charged at any time based on testimony at the prelim you'd think that Hotmail Lawyer at a minimum would be tracking the show as it happens.

That said, Ford himself needs to be kept in the dark because he's been subpoenaed. The witnesses aren't allowed to see anything from the prelim or discuss the case with any other witnesses until the hearing is finished.

I can assure you there is no way in hell that Lisi's lawyers are cooperating with Ford or his legal team.

Wouldn't a chum with a smartphone be able to get the goods on whatever transpires in the courtroom? Are people screened for phones in court?
When I was in court the one day there was someone sitting in front of me on his laptop (mystery guy was checking UT). He could have easily been filming with his webcam.

If he was smart he'd have an associate or student there watching. If he was smart.

If he were smart being the operative statement.

I think that they were getting Worms to manage the whole thing and really messed it up.

Glad to see this thread alive again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back