News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Ford had something done to A. Siyad, then you'd want to find the link between Ford and Marfo -- the guy who was shot and killed 5 hours later. It would follow that RoFo hired him, or someone close to him.

I found about a dozen twitter accounts from people who live in that Islington neighbourhood -- many have put a pic of the buildings as their page header pic. They refer to him as "M.A." Many have RIP M.A. & KOJO in their profile description. KOJO is Kojo Mensah, who was killed during a drug deal in Scarborough in 2013, and who had previously been coached by Ford at DB.

The police are taking about "gang overtones" and "retaliation" -- but then they also say that Marfo wasn't in trouble:

Marfo was conscious and breathing when police arrived, but died in hospital on Thursday.

“It appears at this stage that the murder of Mr. Marfo may be retaliatory in nature for the shooting of Mr. Siyad,†Det.-Sgt. Mike Patterson said at a news conference on Friday. He said there’s no evidence Marfo shot Siyad, and police are “not sure†if Marfo was the intended target when he was shot five hours later.

He said despite the gang activity associated with some people in the investigation, Marfo didn’t have any such ties, only a minor conviction years ago.

“Mr. Marfo appeared to be a loved son and brother and upstanding community member,†Patterson told reporters.

http://www.680news.com/2015/03/20/gang-overtones-to-fatal-etobicoke-shooting-police/

But I found this from last April:

A Toronto man who dealt drugs out of a west Windsor apartment was sentenced Wednesday to a year in jail.

Malcolm E. Marfo, 22, pleaded guilty to possession of nearly one ounce of crack cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. He spent two months in jail before his family could scrape together $500 in bail money, court heard. With enhanced credit for time already served, Marfo’s sentence will be an additional nine months.

Marfo, known on the street as Izzy, was one of three men who were the subject of a tip to drug officers last year.

On Nov. 6, police raided the apartment, finding Marfo and four other men inside. In plain view on the kitchen table were 23 grams of crack cocaine and a couple grams of marijuana. Police found a further 3.5 grams of crack cocaine in the pocket of a pair of sweatpants hanging in the bathroom.

Police also found a digital scale, packaging materials and five cellphones.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/crack-dealer-sentenced-to-jail

Different guy with the exact same name and age??? Or do they think his dealing in Windsor was "minor". The article describes what seems like an established crack dealing operation, not some doofus who clumsily tried to sell some of his personal stash to an undercover.

If you think Ford had something done to A. Siyad, then you'd want to find the link between Ford and Marfo -- the guy who was shot and killed 5 hours later. It would follow that RoFo hired him, or someone close to him.

I found about a dozen twitter accounts from people who live in that Islington neighbourhood -- many have put a pic of the buildings as their page header pic. They refer to him as "M.A." Many have RIP M.A. & KOJO in their profile description. KOJO is Kojo Mensah, who was killed during a drug deal in Scarborough in 2013, and who had previously been coached by Ford at DB.

The police are taking about "gang overtones" and "retaliation" -- but then they also say that Marfo wasn't in trouble:

But I found this from last April:

Different guy with the exact same name and age??? Or do they think his dealing in Windsor was "minor". The article describes what seems like an established crack dealing operation, not some doofus who clumsily tried to sell some of his personal stash to an undercover.

What a surprise! Windsor again?
I really hope we find out how Rob is connected to all these shootings. Of course it could be just a coincidence, again.

What a surprise! Windsor again?
I really hope we find out how Rob is connected to all these shootings. Of course it could be just a coincidence, again.

You're talking about the guy who smoked crack twice and was secretly filmed both times. What are the odds of that?

That's some nice sleuthing Kat. I'm inclined to think TPS didnt know about the Windsor charges.The statement mentioned minor charges years ago It also seemed as if the police were saying it could have been a case of mistaken ID

ETA I think that much crack is relatively minor traffic wise. But last year is not years ago.wonder if izzy stands for islington.

Last edited:
CP24 @CP24
Doug Ford has told CP24 that he spent about $900,000 on his mayoral campaign, including about $600,000 of his own money.
CP24
@CP24
"I think it was worth it. There was hundreds of thousands of people that believed in what we believed in," Ford told CP24.
CP24 @CP24
Ford adds that he will be holding a joint fundraiser with his brother Rob Ford on May 14.

Pocket change for him.

CP24 @CP24
Doug Ford has told CP24 that he spent about $900,000 on his mayoral campaign, including about $600,000 of his own money.
Pocket change for him.

Only "about" $100,000 more than his first numbers, that's progressive (or regressive) for a Ford. I wonder what Robbie will be asking for, especially if it's for non-camping in Ward 2.

I would like to know how many people got their money back from the failed "meryl" camping?

Last edited:
It kind of deflates the myth of the Ford's being "common" people like they tried to push. He spends that money like it is pocket change...

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/22/doug-ford-holds-fundraiser-to-pay-election-expense-tab

Former mayoral candidate and one-time councillor Doug Ford says Mayor John Tory has shot down his invitation to attend his May 14 fundraiser to offset campaign costs totalling around $900,000.

Ford is throwing the bash with his brother, Councillor Rob Ford, and said he's disappointed with Tory's decision, in light of the mayor planning to host a cocktail reception at the University Club for formal mayoral rival David Soknacki in April to recoup Soknacki's failed campaign costs.

“Mr. Tory doesn't want to help, but that's his choice,” Doug Ford said Sunday. “I welcome him, but obviously he doesn't want to. I asked him if he could attend or support in any way. I guess he's throwing one for David Soknacki...but I don't know what his problem is, to be honest with you.”

A spokesman for Mayor John Tory was not immediately available for comment.

Admission for the Ford event is priced at $300 a head to be held as his mother Diane's home at 15 Weston Wood Rd. It's open to the public, but Ford assured it is not a black-tie affair.

“It's going to be like a barbecue, a backyard get-together,” he said. “I encourage everyone to come. I'm sure Rob and I will say a few words and thank people for their support and carry on the message.”

Ford said of the approximately $900,000 spent on his campaign – $600,000 was of his own money and around $200,000 was the councillor's. Tory's campaign was twice as much as his, Ford said, as was Olivia Chow's.

“I think it was worth it,” he said. “There are so many people that share our views and our values, not only here, but the 905. Either you're in all the way, or you aren't in all the way. We're the people to be in all the way once we commit.”

Last edited:
I mean full time until Jan/Feb but not anymore. Maybe things will pick up again. No idea what they've been spending somuch time looking into though.

Having seen the latest sunshine list I think most cops just pass the time doing as little as possible so nothing gets in the way of their sweet paid duty money.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...police-workforce-earned-100000-last-year.html

And the only thing that's going to 'pick up' will be the additional hours and overtime during the Pan Am Games.

Former mayoral candidate and one-time councillor Doug Ford says Mayor John Tory has shot down his invitation to attend his May 14 fundraiser to offset campaign costs totalling around $900,000.

Ford is throwing the bash with his brother, Councillor Rob Ford, and said he's disappointed with Tory's decision, in light of the mayor planning to host a cocktail reception at the University Club for formal mayoral rival David Soknacki in April to recoup Soknacki's failed campaign costs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it traditionally been the winner of the mayoral race that holds a fundraising event for the losers to help them retire their debts.

I'd bet Doug was invited to Mayor Tory's fundraiser along with all the other candidates, and this nonsense is merely his gracious reply.

That's some nice sleuthing Kat. I'm inclined to think TPS didnt know about the Windsor charges.The statement mentioned minor charges years ago It also seemed as if the police were saying it could have been a case of mistaken ID

ETA I think that much crack is relatively minor traffic wise. But last year is not years ago.wonder if izzy stands for islington.

He was only out of jail on the sentence handed to him in Windsor for about 3 months before being shot.

BTW: Our old forum comrade (and creator of the Ford collage) sublime posted a link to the Windsor Star article on Twitter very shortly after the shooting.

Can it really be that TPS does not search the criminal records system, and run a Google search, on the victim of an apparent gang-related shooting?

He was only out of jail on the sentence handed to him in Windsor for about 3 months before being shot.

BTW: Our old forum comrade (and creator of the Ford collage) sublime posted a link to the Windsor Star article on Twitter very shortly after the shooting.

Can it really be that TPS does not search the criminal records system, and run a Google search, on the victim of an apparent gang-related shooting?

Actually, he would have been out about 6 months - you only serve 2/3 of your sentence before being released if you get a sentence of less than 2 years. And that actually is a relatively small amount of crack, with no suggestion of gang ties.

They would have run a CPIC check - hence finding out about the Windsor conviction in the first place. By "minor conviction years ago" they could have been referring to the offence date, which appears to have been 2012 or 2013. That's a long time in the criminal world.

People in US politics spend way more than 600 grand to run for office. Linda McMahon spent $100 million of her own money to lose two senate races and Rick Scott spent $75 million of his own money to become governor.

Putting aside for a moment our focus on the subject of this thread, we have yet to learn who is supplying all these street level drug dealers. Sure it's fun to speculate on which guy is on to which guy and what Robbie's role is in all of this: yet TPS still (apparently) hasn't figured out which organized crime collaborative is supporting this market.

Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back