News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was boring. I bailed on favour of a chicken pot pie and a bevvie this afternoon instead. I'm hoping danforthandbroadview will advise if that was a bad choice today or not. Lol

Just heard on CP24 that Ford's lawyer filed papers asking that his testimony be put off until September due to health reasons.

Just heard on CP24 that Ford's lawyer filed papers asking that his testimony be put off until September due to health reasons.

He was healthy enough to be doing the media rounds and showing up at crime scenes a week ago... Expect if he does testify tomorrow for him to use that exaggerated poor, sick Rob voice.

He was healthy enough to be doing the media rounds and showing up at crime scenes a week ago... Expect if he does testify tomorrow for him to use that exaggerated poor, sick Rob voice.

Heck. He was healthy to attend council and hand business cards out to kids. If the judge gives him a pass now, I'll.... I'll... I'll...

Heck. He was healthy to attend council and hand business cards out to kids. If the judge gives him a pass now, I'll.... I'll... I'll...

Personally, I'm disappointed he wouldn't do this thing for his friend. I heard he's the kind of guy who doesn't throw his friends under the bus, certainly not a good (and therefore surely innocent!) guy like Sandro Lisi!

Seriously, I can't think of anything less predictable than him playing the cancer card now. If he had any real cunning he would have skipped council and otherwise feigned being really bad to make it believable. If the Crown's any good, all they have to do is produce newspaper articles showing he was just up and about (even visiting the ol' Bad Boy for some furniture shopping!) so surely a day or two sitting in a chair a nice air conditioned courtroom should be no biggie.

See now how is that not violating the ban?

It depends on the details of the ban. The basic prohibition is on previewing evidence before a trial, the theory being it might cause potential jurors to form opinions based on stuff that wasn't presented at trial. Other aspects of process might be reportable, but that depends on how aggressive the ban is (I've seen a few that went beyond reporting evidence) and whether or not the judge decides that reporting on procedural matters is somehow prejudicial to the accused. For journos, it's a judgment call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back