News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Rob's play - hope to get dropped from the witness last?

Probably.

Having just read the articles on today, it sounds to me like it's the defence saying Ford shouldn't be called because he doesn't have material evidence to give, and the Crown pushing to put the preliminary hearing on hold until Ford's health improves because they want him to testify. It's not the Crown trying to give Ford a pass, it's the defence.

Which suggests a couple of things: that either Ford has thus far still refused to give a statement to police, or gave a statement saying he knows nothing about nothing. And that the Crown thinks he does have important evidence to give, and is using the preliminary hearing as a discovery method to find out what the hell he'll say since he's refused to cooperate thus far.

Probably.

Having just read the articles on today, it sounds to me like it's the defence saying Ford shouldn't be called because he doesn't have material evidence to give, and the Crown pushing to put the preliminary hearing on hold until Ford's health improves because they want him to testify. It's not the Crown trying to give Ford a pass, it's the defence.

Which suggests a couple of things: that either Ford has thus far still refused to give a statement to police, or gave a statement saying he knows nothing about nothing. And that the Crown thinks he does have important evidence to give, and is using the preliminary hearing as a discovery method to find out what the hell he'll say since he's refused to cooperate thus far.

Probably.

The timing could also have to do with Rob's chemo. The treatment can make you pretty stupid and foggy headed — "chemo brain" — and Rob was already at the back of that class. Could be that the Crown wants to make sure his testimony is as reliable as possible.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that was Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux I saw in the courtroom today.

Today had the most media present in court that I've seen so far (granted I've only been to 3 sessions). And again, there was no Kevin Donovan. I wonder if he's off the case. Busy writing his Ghomeshi book, perhaps?

I watched the Fifth Estate ep on Ford's crack scandal today. Those were some exciting times! You never knew what was going to happen next. I'm sure tons of stuff went down that will never hear about. Anyhow, I've replaced my Ford scandal addiction with a baseball addiction. I've always got to have something I'm obsessed with. Before all that it was UFC for 10 years.

Ian MacIntyre @MrIanMacIntyre
@MrIanMacIntyre I don't care if this is a shitty thing to say. I am back on team "Rob Ford's cancer is a hoax".

I do think he has cancer, but it is only bad when he needs to avoid things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back