News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who exactly wants Robbie to testify? Seems the cops have given him a pass on a slew of drunk driving charges, where a search of his car would probably have turned up other incriminating evidence, all well documented in the Brazen 2 ITOs. Then the OPP was put in charge of the case only to shut it down. And the Crown basically decided "there's nothing here folks". And TPS maintained that the investigation as still "on-going".

So who wants to call Robbie in to give him a chance to perjure himself? The Fords are bullet-proof.

My money's on Jude. Maybe the best we can hope for is that the Bozo Brothers have a time out from political life for, well, corruption. That would be justice.

No doubt, Rob must be feeling above the law at this point. He's so slippery!

One can see the way things are headed. Goldbsie tweeted that if the hearing is postponed to the fall, the reason why is covered by the ban. Seems pointless since we can already infer that it is because of Ford's testimony. I don't envy the judicial system, managing pub bans in this day and age but we already know the guy was subpoenaed to testify. I think, judicially speaking, you have to pick your battles.

So if Ford does eventually testify, what do you think he'll say to questions like "What did you tell Lisi when you spoke May 16?" Can't he just say I don't recall to all of the important questions?

Oh, one can see the way things are headed, all right; no legal consequences of significance at all for Rob or Doug (I would like to hold out hope for Jude's lawsuit, but there will probably be some loophole they manage to squeeze through or the judge will hand down whatever the minimum punishment is).

In other bad news, Harper will also win a minority government in the next election, the NDP and Liberals will not get their shit together and form a coalition and we will be stuck with him for another four years (at least).

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie · 18m 18 minutes ago
And now one of those periods in court where we sit in silence for 5 minutes, hoping for someone (whom I will just call "Godot") to arrive.

I'm not there and it's killing me. Thursday late afternoon hopefully and all day Friday are my next UT shifts :)
I'm here and it's boring lol. Many delays. (I imsgine that's safe to say) I see some faces that don't look reporter like but I'm not one for approaching strangers

So if Ford does eventually testify, what do you think he'll say to questions like "What did you tell Lisi when you spoke May 16?" Can't he just say I don't recall to all of the important questions?

He can say that - whether he actually remembers or not - but I would imagine that a question like that would be meant as a set-up before revealing there was other testimony or evidence (wiretaps?) showing that on that date, Ford actually said ____ to Lisi.

He can say that - whether he actually remembers or not - but I would imagine that a question like that would be meant as a set-up before revealing there was other testimony or evidence (wiretaps?) showing that on that date, Ford actually said ____ to Lisi.

Let's not forget how horrible he is on the witness stand. He can try that "I don't recall" stuff but a good lawyer will chip away at it. Yeah, "They'll say, oh you don't remember? Well, do you talk to all your friends for 10 seconds at a time? Don't you think it's weird that at Time X you called Mr. Lisi and at Time Y he was banging down Mr. Basso's door asking about the video? You don't remember if you said anything about the video? Anything about Mr. Basso? Doesn't it seem weird, if you're such good friends, he'd be looking for the video and you'd know the video was out there but it didn't come up in your conversations?" etc. etc. etc.

He's not smart enough to stick to what his lawyers tell him; there's no way, for example, the very-good lawyer he had in the conflict-of-interest hearing said the wise move was to sit on the stand, explain what HE though "conflict of interest" meant and, having re-defined the law on his own terms, run with that.

Again: Rob Ford is not smart.

EDIT: to add that @Jpags tweeted the judge has yet to rule on the adjournment but the media asked for the exhibits related to it which, one might surmise, are the doctor letters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back