News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisi's lawyer tells Global News that Ford won't testify until after his surgery - http://globalnews.ca/news/1939394/f.../?hootPostID=bd1315531be52d9bb1a467f9dbfff2e1

This publication ban is confusing!

The ban is on what's heard in the courtroom. I guess there's nothing preventing Ford from, on his own, talking about how he's just too sick to testify etc. I think pub bans just need to be rethought for the modern age. I mean, the CP24 link is gone but the headline is still bouncing around social media so what does a ban accomplish?

Clearly Global got it around it by saying the lawyer is the source. The way they wrote it strikes me as legally dicey...the article only states that the lawyer (not named; could be a junior partner, for all we know) said they requested he not testify. Not naming the lawyer is VERY weird for something they surely know is skirting the edges of the ban. One mistake, like Cp24's, will get you a slap. The second one won't be treated as nicely.

(I also like that their picture caption wrongly implies that Rob Ford is Lisi's lawyer. Oh, that would have made things more interesting for sure.)

Last edited:
The court has no jurisdiction in the United States. If the U.S. border communities communicate the information, or the blogs from the States...

...unless they have no interest in doing so, of course.

No doubt, Rob must be feeling above the law at this point. He's so slippery!

I think he just doesn't want to face the embarrassment he subjected himself to in his last court appearance. And I don't doubt for a minute that he isn't hearing about what's going on in the courtroom. Is Hotmail monitoring the proceedings? Can he? not that it matters. And Robbie can get on the stand and say whatever suits his purposes, After all, he's not charged with anything. He's just keeping the RoFo legend alive, and setting another fine example for his kids. Maybe you can't teach loyalty, but larceny...

Cancer, cancer, lyposarcoma. Blah, blah, blah. And Subways. He's just a regular guy folks.

I wasn't able to drop by Courtroom 125 today. Can anyone tell me if Lisi's prelim hearing continues tomorrow?
I would imagine Goldsbie would tweet something like "that's a wrap, folks" if it weren't continuing tomorrow and Friday. So, that's a yes :)

Speaking of Goldsbie, these two tweets from him are interesting:
"I believe that was the longest I went without checking Twitter during this whole hearing. About an hour, based on the recent tweets loaded."
&
"Court adjourns following an afternoon of furious note-taking, just as I get to the last page of my notebook."

No doubt, Rob must be feeling above the law at this point. He's so slippery!

so, seriously: what does rob have that makes him untouchable? TPS and OPP won't lift a finger against him, city council obviously let him do whatever he wants, and now the judge is letting him skate, too. has rob got videos of himself smoking up with steven harper? a hotline to CSIS? a map of where all the bodies are buried?

honestly, at this point i can't imagine there being any other compelling reason why the man should have escaped justice so many times. what's he got on these people?

And I don't doubt for a minute that he isn't hearing about what's going on in the courtroom. Is Hotmail monitoring the proceedings?

The crowd so far this week has been primarily press people, who I recognize. And what I presume are UTers, who I do not.

Hotmail was around for a few minutes this morning, but that's all I've seen of him.

The hearing continues tomorrow. There's a bit more evidence to present, then the lawyers get to throw legal incantations at each other, and the judge has to make a big decision.

Last edited:
So who exactly wants Robbie to testify? Seems the cops have given him a pass on a slew of drunk driving charges, where a search of his car would probably have turned up other incriminating evidence, all well documented in the Brazen 2 ITOs. Then the OPP was put in charge of the case only to shut it down. And the Crown basically decided "there's nothing here folks". And TPS maintained that the investigation as still "on-going".

So who wants to call Robbie in to give him a chance to perjure himself? The Fords are bullet-proof.

My money's on Jude. Maybe the best we can hope for is that the Bozo Brothers have a time out from political life for, well, corruption. That would be justice.

The Crown wants him to testify. Because they believe (duh) that he has valuable evidence, and since he won't cooperate with the police, this is the way to get it.

IIRC upthread one of our street legals posted that any evidence Rob gives at the prelim cannot be used to prosecute him for his own case(s), yes?

If so, what happens if he decides he's been asked the right question and tells all? Could enough of the right self-incriminating evidence effectively block the police's case, whatever it is?

IIRC upthread one of our street legals posted that any evidence Rob gives at the prelim cannot be used to prosecute him for his own case(s), yes?

If so, what happens if he decides he's been asked the right question and tells all? Could enough of the right self-incriminating evidence effectively block the police's case, whatever it is?

True that whatever he says can't be used against him. But whatever he says can lead to further investigation - for example, if he says I used to by crack from X, there's nothing stopping the police from going to speak to X as a result. It can be a good avenue for opening up new leads.

so, seriously: what does rob have that makes him untouchable? TPS and OPP won't lift a finger against him, city council obviously let him do whatever he wants, and now the judge is letting him skate, too. has rob got videos of himself smoking up with steven harper? a hotline to CSIS? a map of where all the bodies are buried?

honestly, at this point i can't imagine there being any other compelling reason why the man should have escaped justice so many times. what's he got on these people?

Rob has the law on his side, (which isn't the same as justice). Anything wicked he may have done requires someone to give evidence to prove it in court. But Rob has a right not to incriminate himself. The people he runs with on the druggy side of his life don't have to give statements to the police, either. Without those statements, you don't have enough to spin a winnable case. The disagreement between the TPS and the OPP on the Brazen II evidence is proof of that.

Council? Well, it did attack Kuwait — eventually. As for Rob's other stunts, there's not much council can do within its purview.

Lastly, I'll give the judge a pass for delaying Rob's testimony. It's infuriating that he's using the cancer card to duck out of something he doesn't want to do, but what choice does the judge have? She's got medical experts saying this should wait for the sake of his health. Rob may ignore that advice in other areas of his life, but those aren't before the court (at least as far as we know) as reason to compel testimony at this time.

All that being said, I share your frustration. I hope he's called to account one of these days. Here's hoping Jude has better luck with COI complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back