News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just about the hundredth time you've posted your bizarre death wish suicide fantasy theory here. I'd say the Mayor's alleged behaviour isn't what's chillingly ominous in this room. Besides, it's pretty disingenuous and hypocrisy for you to be commenting on the Mayor's alleged explosive behaviour considering what happened to you in the main sub-forum a few weeks back. Projecting much?

Well, conversely, one might say that one can gain insight by what one witnesses in oneself and in others; so, just call that my folding the "projecting much" against itself and lobbing it back into your court, thank you.

Look, I've been "extra-ominous" about Ford and Ford Nation from day one--maybe hyperbolically so at times; but given the *whole* context of what's transpired Ford-wise over the past five years, I probably had more of a intuitive handle on what was brewing than those who exercised more "ah, this couldn't happen" restraint (or defaulting into "yeah, those Conservatives/outer-416ers/Etobians are all alike" platitudes). Let's say: by overshooting, I witnessed the foundations for the various truths we've been, and are still being, exposed to. By undershooting, a lot of you didn't even get that far.

But at this point, any such potential literal "explosions" for RoFo are all in the past--he's basically coasting. And at most, if there's still any such death wish (and, hey--if it's existed in the past with these types, it's never *completely* out of the system, especially when they're cornered) he probably sees this dreaded Cancer as nothing more than Mother Nature doing an organic R. Budd Dwyer number on him. So, the nicest, most serene way to say Goodbye Cruel World, and nobody'll notice...

Look, I've been "extra-ominous" about Ford and Ford Nation from day one--maybe hyperbolically so at times; but given the *whole* context of what's transpired Ford-wise over the past five years....

FWIW, adma, I appreciate your comments. Speaking as a member of the "restraint" crowd, I think this place would be pretty dull if everybody came to it with the same take on events.

I'm not that interested in seeing Sandro go to jail for either of these cases, especially on the weed charge (it should be legal imo). Even though everyone tells me he turned into a huge sleaze bag since we last hung out, dude's got in hard enough. Living with his parents when he's approaching 40, no job prospects, etc. Ford, on the other hand, needs to be held accountable. Smoking crack with organized crime while mayor, abusing his power to try to cover it up, all the while pretending he's some tough on crime conservative with no sympathy for drug addicts and gang bangers. It's too bad Sandro's taking the fall for him.

I'm not that interested in seeing Sandro go to jail for either of these cases, especially on the weed charge (it should be legal imo). Even though everyone tells me he turned into a huge sleaze bag since we last hung out, dude's got in hard enough. Living with his parents when he's approaching 40, no job prospects, etc. Ford, on the other hand, needs to be held accountable. Smoking crack with organized crime while mayor, abusing his power to try to cover it up, all the while pretending he's some tough on crime conservative with no sympathy for drug addicts and gang bangers. It's too bad Sandro's taking the fall for him.

Well said. Though at the same time he did threaten violence and that must also be punished accordingly.

AoD

I don't necessarily disagree at a big-picture level (though, OK, we're talking about the guy with the jar of bedbugs, right?) but taking the fall is, relatively speaking, his choice. I presume the Fords are throwing him some money or otherwise propping him up for doing so (you can't teach loyalty, but you can buy it). Given how much the police would surely love to bring Ford in, I have to think the Crown made him sweet offers for giving up the big guy, and he turned them down. That makes it his choice and does place a limit on ones' sympathy. Unless, of course, he actually was going to beat up people and threaten people to get the videotape out of the sheer goodness of his heart, with no request to do so from Hizzoner.

I don't necessarily disagree at a big-picture level (though, OK, we're talking about the guy with the jar of bedbugs, right?) but taking the fall is, relatively speaking, his choice. I presume the Fords are throwing him some money or otherwise propping him up for doing so (you can't teach loyalty, but you can buy it). Given how much the police would surely love to bring Ford in, I have to think the Crown made him sweet offers for giving up the big guy, and he turned them down. That makes it his choice and does place a limit on ones' sympathy. Unless, of course, he actually was going to beat up people and threaten people to get the videotape out of the sheer goodness of his heart, with no request to do so from Hizzoner.

this is an assumption I've started to seriously doubt.

... Unless, of course, he actually was going to beat up people and threaten people to get the videotape out of the sheer goodness of his heart, with no request to do so from Hizzoner.

Not only that, he was able to single-handedly scare an armed street gang (with some members who grew up in a war zone).

Who needs the cops -- bent or straight -- when you've got the 'Dro?

Something NQR here, no?

taking the fall is, relatively speaking, his choice.

A few weeks ago Jimmi confessed to a certain admiration of Lisi's courage in going after the video all alone against these obviously dangerous people. It gave me pause, got me thinking about the choices he had to make. After the video became a factor he had to choose who to back. He must have known both the frods and the bloods could harm him( He had seen rofo's violent side). If he protected the frods as opposed to the bloods at least they might be able to smooth his way with influence and money. The dixon cadre is a result of many social ills starting with crushing poverty. He may not have backed the right pony but he backed the money. This new empathy for Lisi seems undeserved. Living at home at 40? One way to afford a land rover.

Does it have to be that complex?
Maybe he just thought The Force was with him, so to speak?

Who needs the cops -- bent or straight -- when you've got the 'Dro?

Something NQR here, no?

Does it have to be that complex?
Maybe he just thought The Force was with him, so to speak?

I thought I was catching your drift but I need it spelled out. Are you surmising that Sandro had unofficial help from crooked cops when he went ahuntin' video ? Interesting. I have always thought robbie had help from bent cops. It would not surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back