News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scaring myself. I Googled officer Sybblis and found out he was a RoughRider in 89. Mostly I found silly stuff about his name. So now I realize I have been antagonizing a giant, rob ford loving cop who has been on the shit end of the joke for 25 years. Yikes.

I'm not that interested in seeing Sandro go to jail for either of these cases, especially on the weed charge (it should be legal imo). Even though everyone tells me he turned into a huge sleaze bag since we last hung out, dude's got in hard enough. Living with his parents when he's approaching 40, no job prospects, etc. Ford, on the other hand, needs to be held accountable. Smoking crack with organized crime while mayor, abusing his power to try to cover it up, all the while pretending he's some tough on crime conservative with no sympathy for drug addicts and gang bangers. It's too bad Sandro's taking the fall for him.

Something's been bugging me since I read your post earlier today as well as some you've posted since. Its the Dixon towers crowd that got busted as a result of ford's involvement with them. Not model citizens for sure but Dro's no boy scout who just didn't mature gracefully. On a scale of victimization and all, ya know? Ford, Lisi and Co. have aided and abetted a lot of shit.

Do you know or hear anything about how the community's doing two years after the takedown? I remember reading a piece someone posted here from the Nat Post(?) on the one year anniversary - female reporter who just talked to some folks, mostly women saying things were a lot quieter and the residents were more involved with each other and trying to keep an eye on things.

They also were joking about having nicknamed Rofo, amongst themselves, "the Big Red Apple", and that Robbie was often spotted just hanging around and chatting up "kids". Remember Doug's explanation that "you can be racist against little red apples" and everyone wondering where he got that from. Messaging?

Just eerie how things seem to be heating up again lately with Blair leaving, Dro in court and Cancer Boy showing up everywhere but court.

I don't necessarily disagree at a big-picture level (though, OK, we're talking about the guy with the jar of bedbugs, right?) but taking the fall is, relatively speaking, his choice. I presume the Fords are throwing him some money or otherwise propping him up for doing so (you can't teach loyalty, but you can buy it). Given how much the police would surely love to bring Ford in, I have to think the Crown made him sweet offers for giving up the big guy, and he turned them down. That makes it his choice and does place a limit on ones' sympathy. Unless, of course, he actually was going to beat up people and threaten people to get the videotape out of the sheer goodness of his heart, with no request to do so from Hizzoner.

this is an assumption I've started to seriously doubt.

how about this quote from Cllr Michael Thompson on Chief Bill Blair, from the Star article:
Contrition isn’t coming from Councillor Michael Thompson (open Michael Thompson's policard), former vice-chair of the Toronto Police Services Board and once among Blair’s backers. Thompson says he began to see a different side of Blair as the board discussed ways to trim the ballooning police budget, now past $1 billion. Thompson says Blair showed an unwillingness to budge, suggesting he saw civilian oversight as an intrusion, Thompson said.
The chief today is not the man chosen for the job, the councillor says; he has become more about “pacifying with language and less about actually doing something.â€
“The metamorphosis this man went through in the last 10 years has been absolutely frightening.â€
“He grew into loving the position, not the responsibilities. He loved the trappings . . . I want the public to realize that he is a master manipulator.â€

Maybe we were fooled, and in spite of some of his brave words at press conferences, Blair never had any intention of nailing RoFo. :(

Wondering if the carding controversy will affect whatever Liberal bid for Scarborough Southwest...

Gotcha thanks. Not terribly liberal values in display this week I guess. Im a go Google that so I dont seem so ill informed��

I would be disappointed if a lib knocked out a NDP. FFS go get a neocon with all that free publicity.

Last edited:
If the people in SW Scarborough are so happy with their kids being "black"-listed in a police computer system, they deserve him.

Wondering if the carding controversy will affect whatever Liberal bid for Scarborough Southwest...

I'm looking forward to Andray Domise co-hosting a weekly podcast with Desmond Cole starting next month on CANADALAND. Maybe they'll talk to the Big (ex)Chief, or Michael Thompson?

Jesse Brown's piece about Michael Bryant's resurrection and the cops' unreleased witness testimony sadly is no surprise to me.

Robert Benzie
@robertbenzie
Ex-mayor @RobFordToronto follows brother Doug Ford to @chriselliottpc #pcpo campaign. Had been with ex-candidate @MonteMcNaughton. #onpoli

Not all that surprising, although it must sting for Patrick Brown, since the Fordites has backed him.

Elizabeth Church @lizchurchto
Rob Ford well enough to be out shovelling compost - in a suit and tie. #TOpoli

Well look at that, a reporter actually took notice of it...

Last edited:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...on-necktie-sells-for-16-100-on-ebay-1.2981615

$16,100 was the reported auction price on Ford's tie. Did this go through? Of all the selfies taken I'd think the buyer with Ford selfie would make the news and social media. But nothing yet.
Is there some way to find out if the money was actually handed over?

It has been re-listed:
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/221744319456

According to the listing the original bidder fell through, so they can't even fake an auction properly.

You can always buy a pair of his sweatpants for $2.25...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back