News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a decade after he was shot by a notorious gang member who was under surveillance by police, Kofi Patrong has won a lengthy, roller-coaster of a legal battle for the right to sue the Toronto Police Service for negligence.
Patrong was 19 when he was shot in the leg on April 19, 2004, at the height of gang warfare between two rival Scarborough gangs, the Galloway Boyz and the Malvern Crew. Patrong, who had no gang affiliations or criminal record, was one of several young black men in Malvern who were shot by [Tyshan] Riley, who mistakenly thought they were members of the rival Malvern Crew.

At the time of the shooting, Riley — since convicted of murder and attempted murder — was a suspect in a previous shooting, was thought to pose a major threat to public safety, and was being wiretapped and trailed by police.

Although police had both the opportunity and the grounds to arrest Riley before Patrong was shot, the lawsuit alleges, they did not.
“This unfortunate young man has been maimed for life. The police could have arrested Riley and taken him off the street, but they allowed him to run free hoping to gather evidence in a murder case they were investigating,†Barry Swadron, one of the lawyers representing Patrong, told the Star.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...patrong-wins-right-to-sue-toronto-police.html

This guy's story made me think of the PB2 investigation. Police wiretapping, following, seeing things, knowing things.... and doing... nothing.

Is it corruption -- do they show gang leaders what they have (evidence) and say "pay up or we'll nail you"? Is it incompetence -- a silly, almost childish notion that there is some "mega-big bust" at the end of every investigation -- like they're gonna find Jimmy Hoffa or Al Capone's vault??

Just like the Jane Doe rape case, they failed to protect the public. They sat around watching gang members wreaking havoc and didn't step in, hoping for more and more evidence of bigger crimes -- nevermind the "collateral damage".

[Ontario Superior Court Justice Frederick] Myers wrote that he wonders whether police would have made the same decision they are alleged to have made — to allow Riley to drive around without arresting him — if he had been heading into Forest Hill or Rosedale rather than Malvern, “but that is for another day.â€

Indeed.

Guess what? Although I'm now cancer free, and need no further chemo or radiation, what little bowel I have left (less the 1/4 of my GI tract left), needs a little surgical intervention to repair a ton of built up scar tissue and tears. That said, my surgeon, Dr Zane Cohen at Mount Sinai, who's done four surgeries on me since 2012, is also Rob Fords surgeon. In fact, Robs room will be on the same floor I'll be on, and knowing my luck, right next door, just hope I don't run into him, I'm a tad mouthy when I'm stoned on Morphine, it would be a terrible shame if I told him exactly what I really thought of him being THE worst Mayor in the cities history, and a lying, pathetic excuse for a human being! Surgery is in a few days, Wednesday to be exact....if on Thursday morning you hear about some insane patient unplugging all his medical equipment, you'll know who's responsible! (Kidding of course, he probably has a security team watching his every move, shouldn't be too hard of a job for them, the man hasn't even seen his feet in decades!), I'll keep ya posted! :cool:

Good luck! Let us know if he's being unruly or sneaking out to meet Lisi and McRobb in back alleys.

Game Curious at the Toronto Reference Library

As this was 2014, we also looked at a number of games inspired by a certain infamous mayor. These included City Council Chaos (Julia Alexander, Kimberly Koronya, Tanner Rogalsky), Stay Mayor (Extra! Extra! Games) and a Civilization V mod in which Rob Ford joins the ranks of Genghis Khan and George Washington as a playable world leader.

http://handeyesociety.com/event/game-curious-at-the-toronto-reference-library/

So much for Doug being at City Hall every day to "volunteer." He hasn't even done daily press conferences or anything like that.

So much for Doug being at City Hall every day to "volunteer." He hasn't even done daily press conferences or anything like that.

You're missing an important aspect of their modus operandi: once a Ford says they are going to do a thing, as far as they're concerned, it is effectively done…as in "we built the Scarborough Subway."

That said, at the very least, Doug is saving his energy for the first post-Rob Council meeting next month, where he will haunt the Rotunda looking for fresh camera crews on which to feast.

But wasn't he absent a lot when he was paid "help", er councillor? Same old, same old, no?

True, he did miss 53% of votes.

You're missing an important aspect of their modus operandi: once a Ford says they are going to do a thing, as far as they're concerned, it is effectively done…as in "we built the Scarborough Subway."

That said, at the very least, Doug is saving his energy for the first post-Rob Council meeting next month, where he will haunt the Rotunda looking for fresh camera crews on which to feast.

Most likely. Has to get some attention.

ETA:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m5 minutes ago
Mayor John Tory introduced by Toronto Police as "a man we all respect for bringing credibility back to governance at the City of Toronto"

Some major shade being thrown at Rob. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back