News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taken by the line the Post's Dave Price story about a post-rehab Rob returning to the mayoral race after hearing about a poll that said people liked Doug better. If the Brothers Ford are that competitive with each other, I wonder how Rob is going to react to this story. I wonder if he'll push back against Doug in a public way. That would be funny.

I feel as if I am confused about the timeline. Did Rob go to rehab before or after this alleged poll that showed Doug was more likely to win? Did it propel him to go drinking in public which led to bad press which led to rehab? Or was he already in rehab and when he heard about the poll he vowed to come out fighting? What poll was it?

The Fords' carjacking that for their own political gain is a bit like stealing from the homeless.

Or a little like the proverbial windshield-repair scam: car-owner discovers a mysteriously damaged windshield, and then some guy "conveniently" offers to fix said windshield (which he deliberately damaged--shhh don't tell anyone) in a jiffy.

In this case: wreck transit service, and then offer a fix in the form of Subways! Subways! Subways!

It's debatable, but I don't think so. The ban prohibits the publication of "evidence", and I don't think the name of a witness is evidence. But I think some may disagree, so I think they're taking a risk.

I was told that even disclosing who testified (and who was excused from testifying) at the pre-trial was in violation of the publication ban.

That said, in this article, David Price also violated the publication ban a couple of other times, at least.

As did I, probably, just by telling you that.

Last edited:
I was taken by the line the Post's Dave Price story about a post-rehab Rob returning to the mayoral race after hearing about a poll that said people liked Doug better. If the Brothers Ford are that competitive with each other, I wonder how Rob is going to react to this story. I wonder if he'll push back against Doug in a public way. That would be funny.

Much as despise the both of them, I can't imagine a survey that would find Doug the most likeable of the two.

Marginally more competent, maybe.

But likeable, no!

I guess that when you all you have left is fear and insecurity it easy to fall into mindless rage.

Well, remember--a lot of them are probably the sort who stupidly lost jobs, stupidly lost clients, stupidly lost spouses, stupidly lost court cases, stupidly got themselves waist-deep in debt--and they saw "relief in sight" through the Fords. Unfortunately, it ain't that simple, folks.

B0_qjPeIEAAiwQK.jpg

I've long felt those were the tears of a grifter.

Much as despise the both of them, I can't imagine a survey that would find Doug the most likeable of the two.

Marginally more competent, maybe.

But likeable, no!

True dat. There might be more fun in store if Rob and Doug find themselves trying to deny Price's version of the story in the press this week.

i gotta point out some inconsistencies. before...

Mr. Price’s yearly salary of $125,000 as a financial manager in Toronto.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-of-torontos-city-hall-storm/article12218380/

then his salary went up...

Hired April 2013 for an annual salary of $130,000.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...r_david_price_no_stranger_to_controversy.html

however...

Price spent his career in financial services. In 2013, he had a job for L&T Infotech, an Indian software giant, when the Fords asked him to join them. He says he took a 50 per cent pay cut.

http://news.nationalpost.com/posted-toronto/david-price-on-his-time-as-rob-ford-staffer-784511

also... before...

Mr. Price and his job responsibilities remain a mystery to even the closest allies of the Fords.

“Don’t know much about David Price. Just met him,†Councillor Doug Holyday said this week.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-of-torontos-city-hall-storm/article12218380/

but now...

His main job would be to replace city-supplied software to improve communications with Ford Nation.

http://news.nationalpost.com/posted-toronto/david-price-on-his-time-as-rob-ford-staffer-784511

why did no one know that before?

and to just remind everyone of the timing of his hire...

MARCH 30: Two days after the Smith killing, Sandro Lisi called Fabio Basso (who lives at 15 Windsor) five times, according the cellphone records in the ITO. It's the first time Basso is mentioned in those records, which go back to March 18.

MARCH 31 or APRIL 1: THE VIDEO IS NOW FOR SALE

Three or four days after the killing of Anthony Smith and about five days after their report on the Mayor's behaviour at the Garrison Ball, the Toronto Star was contacted about the Rob Ford video for the first time. (This article says it was on the 31st; this one says the 1st.) According to an article by Poynter, reporter Robyn Doolittle was contacted on her phone and met the man in a park. She says she was told the video was for sale and was shown the photo of Rob Ford posing with Anthony Smith and the other alleged members of the Dixon Bloods outside 15 Windsor.

APRIL 2: A day or two after the Star was contacted about the video, and about a week after the story about the Garrison Ball, DAVID PRICE was hired to join the Mayor's staff. He was given the newly-created title of "director of logistics." When the Globe and Mail asked Doug Ford about Price, all the Mayor's brother said was, "You can't teach loyalty."

http://www.littleredumbrella.com/2013/11/the-disturbing-rob-ford-crack-scandal.html

if you ask me, that's not
supremely bad timing
http://news.nationalpost.com/posted-toronto/david-price-on-his-time-as-rob-ford-staffer-784511, that's deliberate.

Dave hangs out with Doug almost daily. So Doug knew this story was in the works. Some revisionism going on here ... I remember it as DP being "rescued" by Doug for being unemployed and in debt when he was hired. Very very shifty of him to reveal he was a Lisi pre-trial witness.

And most horrifying of all, Doug has a man cave at Deco.

Dave hangs out with Doug almost daily. So Doug knew this story was in the works. Some revisionism going on here ... I remember it as DP being "rescued" by Doug for being unemployed and in debt when he was hired. Very very shifty of him to reveal he was a Lisi pre-trial witness.

And most horrifying of all, Doug has a man cave at Deco.

Appropriate hang-out for a caveman.

In response to Sioban Morris' tweet last night, it's still there.

I looked at that thread last night and all I saw was Towhey saying he was staying out it. Sorry to harp on about this, I'm just curious about his phrasing if he's making a denial. If he said "the mayor never had me in headlock," that would strike me as a Clintonesque "I never had sex with that mayor." After all, Towhey said Rob wasn't drunk at the Garrison Ball, which may well have been literally true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back