News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, and a lot of his angriest followers live nowhere near Toronto--like as far as Alberta. Why are they so upset?

Probably they are upset about similar issues ('my tax dollars, schools indoctrinating our kids, blaargh') and wish they had a Rob Ford of their own*. There's one particular moron on Twitter who lives all the way out in Victoria and not only raves about RoFo, he runs a Twitter account for his chihuahua that supports Ford as well. I'm not kidding.

*Hmm, maybe they could clone one from the tumour.

Weird, and a lot of his angriest followers live nowhere near Toronto--like as far as Alberta. Why are they so upset?

Many of the people at the Scarborough Ford Fest weren't able to vote for him. They just wanted a free burger.

Many of the people at the Scarborough Ford Fest weren't able to vote for him. They just wanted a free burger.

Quite a few were also quoted as being eager to vote for him, even though they didn't realize he wasn't their mayor, living as they did in Ajax or wherever.

Quite a few were also quoted as being eager to vote for him, even though they didn't realize he wasn't their mayor, living as they did in Ajax or wherever.

Apparently "mayor" and "messiah" are interchangeable in certain realities.

Whoever is involved in pushing through ranked ballots is probably rushing it specifically to work against Ford.

rushed through?!?!? people have been working to get ranked ballots in ontario for about a decade already.

for toronto specifically...

On June 12, 2013, City Council requested enabling legislation from the provincial government, to allow the City of Toronto to use ranked ballots and Instant Runoff Voting to elect City Councillors and Mayor.

http://www.123toronto.ca/timeline.htm

that's not rushed through to me.... it's actually long overdue.

rushed through?!?!? people have been working to get ranked ballots in oontario for about a decade already.

for toronto specifically...

http://www.123toronto.ca/timeline.htm

that's not rushed through to me.... it's actually long overdue.

Too true. Fair Vote Canada has been agitating for change for something like 15 years at all levels. There are regional chapters who loosely work together to educate. They tendered a cute video about friends ordering pizza that explains proportional representation in layman's terms. I think this is the only issue worth spend my political energy on anymore. Without democratic reform the candidates are really interchangeable. Cooperation between parties becomes non existent. Our young people feel the process is not worth engaging in. Now lets talk Federal proportional . No more "majorities" to parties who 70% of the population dislike.

Well done. Animatronic, I-monk, JWBF. y'all are bringing the funny today. E vva I've noticed you rarely posit a question without having a theory you are chewing on. Do you think the trial delay means something?

i don't have a theory per se... and i know our judicial system just sometimes has delays... but i guess a part of me is hoping the delay is specifically related to the case(s) (project brazen 2, and/or project traveller, since the 2 do seem to overlap a lot), as long as it's to move the case(s) forward, not drop even more from ever being revealed.

charges keep being reduced or dropped... there's a lot of 'radio silence' on possibly related things (e.g. hanad hussein, jaclyn dawe, ibrahim ahmed, why 18 cops investigated the basso beating and yet didn't solve it, etc.)... it all just makes me think there's still soooo much more in the background that we don't know (hopefully) yet.

plus... ford behaved like he felt untouchable before... and now lisi 'got off', he's 'beaten' cancer, people just believed he was at the islington building on official / professional business (i gotta expand here for one sec...

Police have now taken the unusual step of revealing that victim’s identity as Ahmed Siyad. A source has confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Siyad is the brother of Liban Siyad, the alleged gang member that Councillor Rob Ford’s pal Sandro Lisi is accused of extorting in relation to the Ford crack video.

Ford could not be reached Thursday night for comment, but on Tuesday, just hours after the afternoon shooting, he told the Sun he happened on the scene and the victim was badly wounded and tight-lipped.

“He wouldn’t say anything,†the Ward 2 councillor said. “He was shot once in the shoulder and twice in the lower body. It was bad.â€

But the man, he said, was coherent.

Ford said he had been in the area doing constituency calls.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/19/etobicoke-shootings-connected-gang-related-cops

yet...

Patterson [Homicide Det. Sgt. Mike Patterson] said police identified Ahmed Siyad solely for the reason of generating information about the case.

Patterson was also asked if he had spoken with Ford, who told the Toronto Sun newspaper that he had seen Ahmed Siyad since he was shot.

"I was unaware that Mr. Ford would be a witness to this," Patterson responded.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...for-earlier-shooting-toronto-police-1.3003104)

... just imagine how untouchable ford feels and will act now! that's what really makes me hope the case(s) is ongoing like the cops keep saying... that giroux is getting close to 2 years overdue to retire because the case(s)... and that one day the unabridged truth will come out.

I think this is the only issue worth spend my political energy on anymore. Without democratic reform the candidates are really interchangeable. Cooperation between parties becomes non existent. Our young people feel the process is not worth engaging in. Now lets talk Federal proportional . No more "majorities" to parties who 70% of the population dislike.

exactly!

exactly![/QUOTE

If you agree that its time for democratic reform and wonder how to get involved check out Fair Vote' s site. Its non partisan and supported by the best Canadian minds. I attended a green party event last week to meet like minded people 2018 will be interesting times methinks. On Ford. I too am more fascinated by the minor players and the untold stories.

I don't think talking about vote reform or autocracy is unrelated to Fords at all. Quite the opposite. President Ford* and his veep Dough crashed up against as many systemic issues as their own.

I think many that support Ford or others like him, is that they don't fundamentally believe that democracy exists, or that it ever has, even in isolated situations. It's not that they don't *like* the idea, but they've never even seen the ideal in action.

Democracy has become a code for something else. Usually some group -- the Other -- voting themselves a benefit out of the public purse. When you have very little, the fear of someone taking that away too becomes a little too real for a balanced perspective.

The Fords' carjacking that for their own political gain is a bit like stealing from the homeless.

so july 20th is when he'll be given a trial date? i wonder why the delay...

Same for everyone. There are various meetings and procedures you have to go through - each requiring a separate court appearance - before you're allowed to set a trial date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back