8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'll like this AOD

Patterson agreed to do it. “As Sarah (Thomson) and I walked away, Perrelli stopped me and said: ‘You have a nice ass too.’ I kind of laughed it off but it was inappropriate, he was using a lot of sexual innuendo.”

Thanks for the context. I've read and linked stuff about that previous harassment by Rob Ford - but even I've forgotten just how extreme it was.

Not sure what to make of this latest accusation of assault.

If there's much to it, presumably others who were at the event will also come forward about his behaviour, and other victims will speak out.

The one thing that is shocking however, are the misogynistic comments in the media, and on twitter. It makes one ashamed to be a member of the human race.

This happens every time a high profile sex assault case happens.

Her actions are inconsistent with her stated goal, that's all.

That is a fair read on the situation. I misinterpreted your first post.

Her reaction, agree or disagree, should not invalidate what actually happened... if it happened. Other people seem to be using her reaction as some sort of "proof" that the she is lying, or that she somehow doesn't deserve better.

Last edited:
That is a fair read on the situation. I misinterpreted your first post.

Her reaction, agree or disagree, should not invalidate what actually happened... if it happened. Other people seem to be using her reaction as some sort of "proof" that the she is lying, or that she somehow doesn't deserve better.

I agree. As Humans we are not all the same and we react differently to different situations/conflict. Today is also international women's day.

Converserly, why is Ford not suing? It's a serious accusation, disgusting actually. But, he's quite content to simply give a statement of denial. (As an aside: I know that he could never write such a statement on his own. That much is clear.)

But, where's the anger and the outrage at such an accusation Rob Ford? Me-thinks that Ford's handlers are hoping that this simply blows over. If this is true, even if it goes no farther than it has, I'm wondering if more women will come forward with similar stories of Rob Ford.

Last edited:
She hasn't involved the authorities.

However why wouldn't one call the police after being sexually assaulted?

I think there are likely two angles to look at this from.

The first one, if we assume the allegations she is making are correct, she may have the viewpoint that while she knows it happened and wants to make people aware of how she was treated then this is how to do it because, likely, given the burden of proof in a criminal matter it is not likely "provable".

The second one, if we assume the allegations are false and being made for political gain/reason, taking the matter to the police and, again, given the burden of proof there is likely to be another high profile acquittal on the mayor's resume so it will look like just another ganging up on the mayor type thing and it is a more effective political tool to tarnish him with the acusation without ever having to prove it.

I abhor the notion of sexual assault and any mistreatment of women and am hoping it is the former rather than the latter (one of the biggest roadblocks women face when legally standing up to sexual assault is the burden that past false accusations places on them) but the saddest thing is that, regardless of what happened or did not happen, in today's Toronto this just becomes another political squabble and people will decide their "opinion/view" based on their past political feelings for/against the mayor (IMO).

Converserly, why is Ford not suing?
Because even if he was innocent, he'd never win. He said/she said.

And presumably the defence would call as witnesses all the other people Ford has been accused of assaulting over the years. I don't think Rob Ford would want his wife being questioned.

If this is true, even if it goes no farther than it has, I'm wondering if more women will come forward with similar stories of Rob Ford.
One does wonder. Has Adrienne Batra had anything to say yet?

I think there are likely two angles to look at this from.
You miss my point. I wasn't asking why Thomson hasn't called the police in this case. I was asking why would anyone imply that one shouldn't call the police after being sexually assaulted in general.

Converserly, why is Ford not suing? It's a serious accusation, disgusting actually. But, he's quite content to simply give a statement of denial. (As an aside: I know that he could never write such a statement on his own. That much is clear.)

But, where's the anger and the outrage at such an accusation Rob Ford? Me-thinks that Ford's handlers are hoping that this simply blows over. If this is true, even if it goes no farther than it has, I'm wondering if more women will come forward with similar stories of Rob Ford.

I bet he will sue. He has to, or else he looks guilty. He might wait and see how it looks next week after the weekend. No doubt The Star won't let it blow over. As soon as it looks like it has staying power, he will sue.

If I was his PR person, this would be my advice.

I bet he will sue. He has to, or else he looks guilty. He might wait and see how it looks next week after the weekend. No doubt The Star won't let it blow over. As soon as it looks like it has staying power, he will sue.

If I was his PR person, this would be my advice.

If I was his PR guy I would give the exact opposite advice. Issue a denial (which he has done) and let it remain in the realm of unproven he said/she said and talk about it as little as humanly possible.

Give it a rest....

You're the most ridiculously dramatic person on this forum.

Grow up.
???

Do you disagree with me it's completely wrong to sexually abuse women?

In any normal workplace if you grab another person bum, you get fired.

You are very dramatic, nfitz. Trying to spin this to suggest that hawc supports "sexual abuse" is a case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back